Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 01:12 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepy View Post
Reverence for the Lord is the greatest treasure. Be strong and dont be afraid, God is coming to your rescue. He alone is God ruling all the kingdoms of the world, who created the heavens and the earth. All other gods are no gods at all only images made by humans. Lord be kind to us, we have waited for your help, have mercy on us, we have put our hope in you.
Hey cupper! It worked!

Quote:
he grew like a plant in dry ground that had no beauty to make people take notice of him, so he was despised as nobody. nothing in his appearance to make them look at him. silent like a lamb, he did not complain when painfully abused. surely he has borne our sins, upon him the chastisement that brings peace. though he had done no violence, yet it was the will of the lord to crush him, making many? to be accounted righteous. the mountains may depart and the hills be removed but his love shall not depart from us.
Oh wait! No it didn't.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:23 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Reverence for the Lord is the greatest treasure. Be strong and dont be afraid, God is coming to your rescue. He alone is God ruling all the kingdoms of the world, who created the heavens and the earth. All other gods are no gods at all only images made by humans. Lord be kind to us, we have waited for your help, have mercy on us, we have put our hope in you.

There is more than one Jesus being taught in this world-- the mass of confusion, all can see in 33,000 different religions claiming to be Christian. One belongs to Jesus 1Cor 1:10)-- how did you find it?

Old 07-09-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
don't be stupid like foolish children with no understanding that they will be punished. pay attention, change your ways and start living right. you do these things that the lord hates and you refuse to listen though he has been speaking to you. he told you to live as he commanded so that things would go well for you. but you do what your evil heart tell you and you have become rotten and worthless. you say, i can't turn back, i have loved my own ways and i will go on; but you will be disgraced. come back to the lord, he is merciful. understand that it is a terrible evil to turn away from the lord, a bitter mistake to reject him. you should decide to obey him and give yourself to his service. the lord still hope you may come back to him, he wants you to call him father. make promises in his name and do what you promise then he will bless you. but if you are stubborn and keep on sinning, his anger will burn like fire that cannot be put out. there is still time for you to be saved, wash the evil from your heart. why can't you understand that you should worship the lord with fear and trembling, why don't you listen when he speaks to you? and you like it this way. but on the day of disaster where will you turn for help? you should be ashamed of your disgusting sins but you don't even blush so the lord will punish you.

Do you know what Jesus taught? You think so? The only way to find the one religion that he is with is by learning and applying all of his teachings. One doesn't have enough time in a single lifetime to search through the mass of confusion of 33,000 religions claiming to be Christian, but in reality only one is his.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:00 AM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Do you know what Jesus taught? You think so?
* reaches for popcorn *

A JW and a pentecostal arguing over which of their religions is the only true one. This should finally clear up the urgent existential questions of humanity.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:57 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
* reaches for popcorn *

A JW and a pentecostal arguing over which of their religions is the only true one. This should finally clear up the urgent existential questions of humanity.
you sure have a narrow and bitter closed mind as you toss everything about the scriptures into your Final Dump Bin of man-made religions. Your mind refuses to hear the speaker and you default into a void the writer has yet to venture. WildassUmptions because you have no discernment in this matter, but as I've read, this seems to be the only closed subject I have detected this sealed off nature in you. I suggest you reread everything keepsy has yet said, it is sure speaking a lot about the urgent existential questions of humanity and the root of it. I didn't hear one word about religion yet, and I have never read one word in scripture that told "Me" to go seek any religion. We shall keep an open mind and stick to the word of God. "And what has God asked of us but to walk peacefully with him?" Well, we ain't gonna do that!!!!!!! Scriptures prove that. So as you wish is what the scriptures taught me, hide you heads in the rocks is what the scriptures should teach you that disagree with the Father and surely disagree with je6u666 that stands with brazen feet upon some fiery furnace of affliction where you fight to bring all these curses and afflictions upon your own head. You don't think that could happen? You must be blind to your own nature of evil, as seen on TV. Greed is good, wars are good, money for more bombs is good, Monsanto Land is welcoming you as the earth shivers and shutters and you will not escape the reward of this lying promised land your kings have pursued even unto today. Your future is looking dark.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:00 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Quote:
Do you know what Jesus taught? You think so? The only way to find the one religion that he is with is by learning and applying all of his teachings. One doesn't have enough time in a single lifetime to search through the mass of confusion of 33,000 religions claiming to be Christian, but in reality only one is his.
Yet Love has said: "If they would only fear me and keep my commandments."
But people learned to fear God and not do as he desires and terror is upon all the face of the earth. Today is brought to us not by the Father, but because of the "Ways of the kings."

So, did God bring this about or did men?

I find the scriptures full of wisdom that you receive as you try to discern what God desires and what men desire and do in the name of strange gods that serve mammon as recorded by their deeds written in the scriptures...and O yes, even murder as favor in the name of god.

The world needs to turn around, this reality will destroy the earth if left to its own man-made system based and supported by lies and confusion. I have read nothing keepy said that suggests he doesn't know what Jesus teaches, what Jesus was said to have done is another story based upon rumor containing magic and you should always question magic. Turn water into wine? Well, I don't believe in magic. How many barrels, how much in each barrel? Wine coolers maybe? And those that had hidden a little reserve for later, went ahead and added it back?

Christ was dead 3 days and arose and his best friends couldn't recognize him? Even Mary didn't recognize Him until he said one word: "Mary." Didn't recognize the flesh, but that voice was unmistakable when the spirit spoke her name. Who knows what really happened, and what they really saw, that others wrote about and try to explain? That gives me lots of wonder room.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Yet Love has said: "If they would only fear me and keep my commandments."
But people learned to fear God and not do as he desires and terror is upon all the face of the earth. Today is brought to us not by the Father, but because of the "Ways of the kings."

So, did God bring this about or did men?

I find the scriptures full of wisdom that you receive as you try to discern what God desires and what men desire and do in the name of strange gods that serve mammon as recorded by their deeds written in the scriptures...and O yes, even murder as favor in the name of god.

The world needs to turn around, this reality will destroy the earth if left to its own man-made system based and supported by lies and confusion. I have read nothing keepy said that suggests he doesn't know what Jesus teaches, what Jesus was said to have done is another story based upon rumor containing magic and you should always question magic. Turn water into wine? Well, I don't believe in magic. How many barrels, how much in each barrel? Wine coolers maybe? And those that had hidden a little reserve for later, went ahead and added it back?

Christ was dead 3 days and arose and his best friends couldn't recognize him? Even Mary didn't recognize Him until he said one word: "Mary." Didn't recognize the flesh, but that voice was unmistakable when the spirit spoke her name. Who knows what really happened, and what they really saw, that others wrote about and try to explain? That gives me lots of wonder room.

The power of God went through Jesus( acts 2:22) to perform miracles--no magic.
Many false religions argue Jesus was raised in his flesh body. I point out to them, they couldn't recognize Jesus, so it was not his flesh body--not until he showed it to Thomas. He as well appeared behind a locked door--a flesh body cannot do that.
Yes man ruling man is leading to destruction--But God will step in before that occurs--in fact this system is almost done. Revelation has been passing before the worlds eyes, yet few can see it occurring. Gods kingdom is mankinds only hope.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
* reaches for popcorn *

Actually there is no argument--the teachings of Jesus are clear.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
you sure have a narrow and bitter closed mind as you toss everything about the scriptures into your Final Dump Bin of man-made religions. Your mind refuses to hear the speaker and you default into a void the writer has yet to venture. WildassUmptions because you have no discernment in this matter, but as I've read, this seems to be the only closed subject I have detected this sealed off nature in you. I suggest you reread everything keepsy has yet said, it is sure speaking a lot about the urgent existential questions of humanity and the root of it. I didn't hear one word about religion yet, and I have never read one word in scripture that told "Me" to go seek any religion. We shall keep an open mind and stick to the word of God. "And what has God asked of us but to walk peacefully with him?" Well, we ain't gonna do that!!!!!!! Scriptures prove that. So as you wish is what the scriptures taught me, hide you heads in the rocks is what the scriptures should teach you that disagree with the Father and surely disagree with je6u666 that stands with brazen feet upon some fiery furnace of affliction where you fight to bring all these curses and afflictions upon your own head. You don't think that could happen? You must be blind to your own nature of evil, as seen on TV. Greed is good, wars are good, money for more bombs is good, Monsanto Land is welcoming you as the earth shivers and shutters and you will not escape the reward of this lying promised land your kings have pursued even unto today. Your future is looking dark.
Stridently declaring that you are right and I am wrong does not a compelling argument make. Especially when you combine it with ad hominem attacks, gaslighting, gloating like an imp about the hoped-for comeuppance of people your'e supposed to love, run-on sentences and spelling errors (it's "shudder", not "shutter").

But whatever. Do carry on. Folks like you do more than ten of me ever could, to turn people away from your faith.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Actually there is no argument--the teachings of Jesus are clear.
But of course! It is always crystal clear that the person arguing for the veracity of THEIR faith, is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality