Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 07:59 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's a sure sign that he actually realises the whole story is tripe...when he starts inventing things to try to make the story fit....and even then it doesn't!
No, Noah's Ark is historically factual as it is written in the historical documents collected in what we call the Bible.
The good thing about Ken Ham's ark, though I do disagree with him on quite a number of things regarding science, is that it puts into perspective the enormity of the ark. Rather than people just reading about it in the historic documents called the Bible, they see it in its true perspective in real life.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:05 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes, as they were building the ark, they were on the ark. However, once the ark was finished, there was a final call for anyone who wanted to come aboard to do so. Only Noah and family went on board. For 100 years God pleaded with mankind to change from their evil ways and warn them a world-wide flood was coming and to save themselves. He was longsuffering them them.

No, the factory workers at the Ford factory were not killed after making the cars. They still make them. Now then, if Ford build a MASSIVE car to hold the animals and humans and told the workers they would be saved if they just got in the car on a certain day and they would be saved from whatever, and they did not, that is not Mr. Ford's fault.

So it is clear in the Bible that workers helped build the Ark but refused to enter when it started raining?

Old 07-18-2016, 08:09 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
It seems strange that such an event would fail to mention those that helped.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Yes, as they were building the ark, they were on the ark. However, once the ark was finished, there was a final call for anyone who wanted to come aboard to do so. Only Noah and family went on board. For 100 years God pleaded with mankind to change from their evil ways and warn them a world-wide flood was coming and to save themselves.
Oh stop! My sides are aching! So just how were they going to 'save themselves'? Presumably they were all going to build arks ...and deforest the planet in the process??

....and having built his ark, what would have happened if Noah had put out the call for 'All aboard' and 10,000,000 people had turned up? LOL! You get a bigger joke every time you post pal!

Quote:
No, Noah's Ark is historically factual as it is written in the historical documents collected in what we call the Bible.
Keep it up mate. You do such a wonderful job for atheism.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:17 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It seems strange that such an event would fail to mention those that helped.
It doesn't mention any helpers and, as Eusebius keeps reminding us, as the bible is a historical and factual record of events, there can't have been any helpers.

You must admit...he's good for a laugh is Eusebius!

Old 07-18-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
It doesn't mention any helpers and, as Eusebius keeps reminding us, as the bible is a historical and factual record of events, there can't have been any helpers.

So the Bible does not mention that Noah had helpers who refused to get onto the Ark when it started to rain? I hope he did at least pay them before the flood rather than a IOU that Noah knew he would not have to pay to those who drowned.

The Bible also does not mention that during the time of the Flood and during the receding of the water that the laws of physics were changed.

I wonder if the Ark Encounter covers either of those two possibilities, one a fact according to Eusebius and the other a possibility according to Jeff.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:43 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So the Bible does not mention that Noah had helpers who refused to get onto the Ark when it started to rain? I hope he did at least pay them before the flood rather than a IOU that Noah knew he would not have to pay to those who drowned.

The Bible also does not mention that during the time of the Flood and during the receding of the water that the laws of physics were changed.

I wonder if the Ark Encounter covers either of those two possibilities, one a fact according to Eusebius and the other a possibility according to Jeff.
Why wouldn't it have been possible that he hired someone?

Old 07-18-2016, 08:44 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:

It doesn't mention the sun rose or that they did many other things during that time but they did. The Bible doesn't claim to be the exhaustive history of everything that ever happened.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why wouldn't it have been possible that he hired someone?

I never said it was impossible for him to hire someone. I find it rather weird that a person was good enough to construct or help construct the Ark but no good enough to be taken on board when the rain started. Or that a person would be willing to construct or assist in the construction but would not want to get on board after it started to rain but before the Ark was able to float away.

Even if I do not have a degree let alone an advanced degree in theology I still have a mind and can question things that do not make sense to me. If those who believe in the flood story cannot give me a satisfactory reason then I might conclude that they also do not understand that. If they are able to provide an logical or even theological answer that is fine.

Just because I do not believe in the flood story based not only my lack of belief in that particular god but also due to my knowledge of geology and paleobiogeography does not mean that I cannot be interested in how those who do believe in the flood are able to explain the problems.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:57 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
The good thing about Ken Ham's ark, though I do disagree with him on quite a number of things regarding science, is that it puts into perspective the enormity of the ark. Rather than people just reading about it in the historic documents called the Bible, they see it in its true perspective in real life.
Hey eusebi, where are all the writings of Noah located?

Quote:
No, Noah wrote it down while in the ark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.