Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 12:26 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Some Jehovah's Witnesses were doing door to door ministry when an Apostate spotted a convicted pedophile engaging in the work. The Apostate took his camera and confronted them. I don't think the woman driver had any idea of this man's background by the look on her face. I sure hope people in the congregation knew so they could protect their children. The guy kept denying that he was what he was accused of. What do you think? Should child rapist be free to knock on people's doors and present themselves as kind, loving servants of the one true God? If he found an interested party should he be allowed to study the bible with a parent and gain that parent's trust as a teacher of the one true truth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpk1Fq0sdk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 12:42 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Some Jehovah's Witnesses were doing door to door ministry when an Apostate spotted a convicted pedophile engaging in the work. The Apostate took his camera and confronted them. I don't think the woman driver had any idea of this man's background by the look on her face. I sure hope people in the congregation knew so they could protect their children. The guy kept denying that he was what he was accused of. What do you think? Should child rapist be free to knock on people's doors and present themselves as kind, loving servants of the one true God? If he found an interested party should he be allowed to study the bible with a parent and gain that parent's trust as a teacher of the one true truth?
From a legal standpoint, I'm not sure how you can tell a convicted felon who did their time to NOT visit a house of someone else. If the organization is either unwilling to check into his background, or doesn't know that he has a background, that is their problem.

In my church, no one that is in charge of children can do so without having a background check done on them. We would find out if they had a criminal history and they would not be allowed access to children.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
those people are sick. Liberal laws allow them to do more harm to more people.
thanks again lady liberal.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:28 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
From a legal standpoint, I'm not sure how you can tell a convicted felon who did their time to NOT visit a house of someone else. If the organization is either unwilling to check into his background, or doesn't know that he has a background, that is their problem.

In my church, no one that is in charge of children can do so without having a background check done on them. We would find out if they had a criminal history and they would not be allowed access to children.

Every man should be treated with suspicion in every religious organization.

Religion seems to be breeding ground for attracting pedophiles.

If that man were in my neighborhood, I would contact the police, and let them know he is in a neighborhood with children, or knocking on doors where children live.

I would contact the local Kingdom Hall and tell them you do not want him knocking on doors, and advise them you notified the police.

Weird that he was knocking on doors. There are other ways to reach people. Then again, a pedophile will always find a way.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:31 PM

19,994 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
That's not really the way I'd put it. Everyone in a position of responsibility over children, regardless of gender, should be vetted and properly trained and supervised.

No sane man would volunteer for an organization that assumed the worst possible things about him, that he's some kind of Moldy Marvin. No sane man would object to being vetted, either, but I don't want to see an adversarial atmosphere either. For men or women.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:58 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

It depends. If the offense was against a specific person, the judge can issue a 'no-contact' order that forbids them from approaching the residence of his victim.

That said, I'm uncertain that a blanket 'no visiting' order would work, unless the visits were being made to a foster home or a community center (in which case, it's a violation of probation/parole and the violator goes back to jail).

I agree, though, that it's the organization's responsibility to perform due diligence. It's still important to remember, though, that laws and rules only restrain those willing to abide by them.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:12 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

Religion seems to be breeding ground for attracting pedophiles.

If that man were in my neighborhood, I would contact the police, and let them know he is in a neighborhood with children, or knocking on doors where children live.
why is that?

We have a few in our area but its not "religious" based. Be that as it may. Why are they allowed to mingle with us? Why would I be in more trouble then the dude that did those things to those boys and girls?

Old 08-11-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
That's not really the way I'd put it. Everyone in a position of responsibility over children, regardless of gender, should be vetted and properly trained and supervised.

No sane man would volunteer for an organization that assumed the worst possible things about him, that he's some kind of Moldy Marvin. No sane man would object to being vetted, either, but I don't want to see an adversarial atmosphere either. For men or women.
Men commit the majority of sexual assaults. That puts them at the tippy- top of the list of gender cautiousness.

Every sane man should understand that statistic, and accept the fact he will be viewed with caution around children. I would not worry about hurting their delicate sensibilities about it either.

Far to many adults are much too trusting of other adults when it comes to their children.

I agree, every person who works with children should have a complete background check. But the statistics point more to men than to women.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
why is that?

We have a few in our area but its not "religious" based. Be that as it may. Why are they allowed to mingle with us? Why would I be in more trouble then the dude that did those things to those boys and girls?
Mingle with you? Pedophiles already mingle with you. No one wants them in their neighborhood.

I would treat you with the caution you deserve around children. In fact, I always wonder about men who seek out children and their activities. Especially men without children of their own.

So, yes. I would look at your very carefully around children. Parents are far too trusting with their children around men.

The parent who allows the karate teacher to have their son to his apartment.
The Dr who took an interest in the children of a poor mother, and raped and sodomized her children.
The coach who raped his football players.
The priests who molested dozens of children for decades.
The Dentist who sent the assistant to get something and molested his patient.

These adult men were trusted. I see no reason to trust men around children unless there is woman with them. The deck is stacked against them.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:46 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
In most states pedophiles cannot be near groups of children, period. So, they would be restricted with church groups or in churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality