Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 01:13 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Well, maybe not!

A local ambitious atheist thought he would peek in and see what the situation was at the Ark Encounter. The place is devoid of virtually ANY people, and this on the last weekend in summer. One can see a default on those $62 million of taxpayer backed bonds in about 6 months.

Come one Ham! Pray! Pray harder! I mean, get on your knees and praaaaay it brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s11Y...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 03:28 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Well done, Cupper! You had ne thinking> "Well, really? Has Hamm's Ark finally started to pull in the crowds and pay for itself?" It seems this massive Folly to Hamm's vanity and White Elephant to Genesis -literalism is becoming what was predicted, a huge financial kick in the guts to the local people and near enough Fraud to put Hamm in Jail or , better, deported back to Ozz -if they will have him.

I'd suggest that dismantling the thing, except that it (and the nearby Creation museum) would make such a wonderful basis of a museum of evolution.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:18 AM

19,997 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Must be Sunday morning and everyone's in church.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:18 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well, maybe not!

A local ambitious atheist thought he would peek in and see what the situation was at the Ark Encounter. The place is devoid of virtually ANY people, and this on the last weekend in summer. One can see a default on those $62 million of taxpayer backed bonds in about 6 months.

Come one Ham! Pray! Pray harder! I mean, get on your knees and praaaaay it brother.

No commentary but I could see only buses or trucks arriving. They looked like coaches. Are there organized trips out there?
Attached Thumbnails
Massive crowds this last weekend in August at the Ark Encounter-no-answers.jpg  

Old 08-29-2016, 05:23 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
It's Invisible Weekend. "If you're invisible you get in free, this weekend only."

There are actually lots of invisible people around, you just don't notice them.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:39 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,079,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
No commentary but I could see only buses or trucks arriving. They looked like coaches. Are there organized trips out there?
I don't think that the buses were 'arriving', given the distance of the parking lot from the 'ark' building it would appear that the visitors must be bused from one to the other. Those vehicles were simply traversing the distance between the two.

Given the rather small number of cars in the lot, of which some number must belong to employees, it does not seem likely that the number of visitors is enough to cover the daily operation costs, let alone recoup the construction costs.

ETA:

It occurred to me that perhaps the hour the video was taken might be very early or very late, so I watched the video again, paying close attention to the angle of the shadows cast by the poles, buses and buildings. The sun is clearly well up in the sky. Perhaps it was still too early for tourists to be out of bed. I'm going with 'early' because that would be the 'best case' scenario, if the video were shot in the afternoon it would be particularly damning.

Last edited by Zymer; 08-29-2016 at 05:51 AM..

Old 08-29-2016, 06:04 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,074,940 times
What an eyesore.

I laughed at the overly ambitious parking lot.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:05 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
It's Kentucky, one person would be a MASSIVE crowd.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:36 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,079,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
What an eyesore.

I laughed at the overly ambitious parking lot.
I didn't laugh. I was thinking what a shame it was for all of that beautiful landscape to get flattened and paved.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:21 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well, maybe not!

Boy you just so desperately want this park to fail which is really sad. Unless I see an official documentation of proof with attendance numbers, I'm not buying it. How do we really know when this video was shot? It actually looks like construction is still going on and not a finished park which makes it highly suspect. Low attendance numbers, maybe. But a completely empty parking lot? No way.

Ken has reported numerous times that the attendance numbers are really well and thousands have attended. Course you could claim he's lying, but it seems like atheists are just as much invested in wanting to see this park crash and burn. Ken has posted several videos on his facebook showing full parking lots.

Quote:

While we rejoice at how the Lord has been blessing AiG’s ministry, especially over the past six weeks with the tremendous attendance at the Ark Encounter in Northern Kentucky and also at the Creation Museum (a 75% increase in attendance), there has been a resurgence of opposition to AiG. Secularists and even some compromising Christians have noticed and are upset at the impact of AiG’s two major attractions in reaching hundreds of thousands of people this summer.

https://answersingenesis.org/ministr...continues-ark/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality