Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:37 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,592,620 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Howest2008
Nope I don't get it.

In the eyes of Christian the Bible is the New Testament.

The teaching of JESUS his last name isn't CHRIST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
cupper3[/b];45357480]So the 10 Suggestions that Moses wrote are down the tube also?

Yes JESUS doesn't allow his people to stone ppl to death for breaking any of his Ten Commandments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by cupper3
You ignored the part of "not one tittle" being changed. Why did you ignore that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Richard1965[/b];45357514]Because it would dismantle his theology on it...
I am changing nothing in the OLD TESTAMENT , because everyone that does that is CURSED
BY GOD.....what I'm saying is that OT is just HISTORY and not a GUIDELINE for CHRISTIAN
to follow in living theirs everyday life's .

Old 09-04-2016, 06:56 PM

Jesus the Christ and his last name is not Christ didn't say anything about homosexuality , because the only sactioned sex in the Old and New Testament was between a man and a woman in a marriage.

He meaningJesus said a lot about marriage though , being between a man and a woman. And in the New Testament he clearly states one man and one woman constitutes a marriage.

\\
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
cupper3[/b];45357499]Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
and verse, please.

I will give Chapter and Verse at a later time , but will give you an example...The Rulers of the Temple
came to JESUS and asked him How Many Wives That A Man Could Have ( More Than One )??? JESUS told
them that in the beginning it was not like that , but GOD Allowed Them To Do It Because Of The Hard-
ness OF THEIRS HEARTS which is why OT men had more than ONE WIFE.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:00 PM

33,560 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If God moves ur heart, even you won't be able to resist.

And yes...faith is required. In the OT, it was faith in the promise God made to Abraham--they looked forward to the Messiah. Today, we have faith in Jesus, who is God--and his sacrifice.
God moves no hearts....Electricity moves them.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:13 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Nope I don't get it.

In the eyes of Christian the Bible is the New Testament.

The teaching of JESUS his last name isn't CHRIST.

Yes JESUS doesn't allow his people to stone ppl to death for breaking any of his Ten Commandments.
Your taking it out of context.

Jesus orders Christians to follow the Old Testament's laws:

Matthew 5:17-18

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled. Every. Single. Letter.

Let's move along to:

Matthew 23:1-3
"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach."
It can be clearly see in these verses that Jesus did not prohibit for the Old Testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow it the way the current religious leaders of the Law (the Jewish Rabies) were following it. In other words, the New Covenant only means that the Old Covenant is still in place, and that orthodoxy is to be followed, not the slippery slope that Pharisees were on.

Context is key.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Your taking it out of context.

Jesus orders Christians to follow the Old Testament's laws:

Matthew 5:17-18

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled. Every. Single. Letter.

Let's move along to:

Matthew 23:1-3
"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach."
It can be clearly see in these verses that Jesus did not prohibit for the Old Testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow it the way the current religious leaders of the Law (the Jewish Rabies) were following it. In other words, the New Covenant only means that the Old Covenant is still in place, and that orthodoxy is to be followed, not the slippery slope that Pharisees were on.

Context is key.

Jewish Community can't even follow the OT LAW in any first world Nation , because they would be cast
into Prison and the state would throw away the KEY. The era of Christianity did not even start until
JESUS was killed on the CROSS and the curtain in the TEMPLE was torn in TWO pieces meaning that
the OT era was over..

Old 09-04-2016, 08:10 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,267,906 times
Quote:
Jewish Community can't even follow the OT LAW in any first world Nation , because they would be cast
into Prison and the state would throw away the KEY.
this shows an ignorance of Jewish law. I live in a first world nation and follow "OT LAW". It just isn't what you think it is.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:21 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
this shows an ignorance of Jewish law. I live in a first world nation and follow "OT LAW". It just isn't what you think it is.
It is so depressing when people apologize for the barbarity of the ancients by pretending they weren't barbaric!!! Whatever rationalizations you have developed to pretend you follow the OT laws, they are a sham.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:26 PM

into Prison and the state would throw away the KEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
I somewhat agree with you it would take me 20 or more years studying OT Law to get a grasp of it , however I do know that you can not kill your husband or wife for Infidelity or Kill your children for being
disobedient ....to parent in any modern first world nation.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:58 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
into Prison and the state would throw away the KEY. The era of Christianity did not even start until
JESUS was killed on the CROSS and the curtain in the TEMPLE was torn in TWO pieces meaning that
the OT era was over..
Funny no one else knew about the zombies wandering around Jerusalum "seen by many" except an unknown gospel writer decades after the supposed event.

Strange, would you not say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality