Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 05:16 PM

866 posts, read 629,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
As Revelation 1:5; 3:14 B says that the pre-human Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God.
God is Un-created according to Psalm 90:2, so only God was before the beginning.
The pre-human Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning - Colossians 1:15
Have you ever personally examined and TRANSLATED any of the original writings of those passages? Have you personally interpreted any of that to your own satisfaction? Is any of what you say really TRUE? Can you personally vouch for the accuracy and TRUTH within any of those words and phrases or are you, like many others, completely dependent on the integrity, honesty and accuracy of whoever wrote the stuff you are now offering as some kind of truths or facts?
I see no reason to (stupidly) take the words or work of any other person to be right or accurate regarding text that I have not and probably never will personally examine and translate to my own intellectual satisfaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 05:23 PM

866 posts, read 629,368 times
Default I'm impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That's fine as long as it does not stop a person from recognizing the feast of Tabernacles and it's 8 days. Those fortunate disciples lived in a day when one of two of the greatest gifts to mankind were given. They prepared and they counted the omer right up unto the day and Jesus came to them personally for them to remain in prayer as the tradition goes, and he also promises to come and give a warning before the second promise is given.

What was given to those first disciples in the first rain looks nothing like the second promise, the second and final gift of God is double what those first disciples received and the more Christians who learn this, the better because while the first promise was shared from hand to hand, the promise of the second coming of Jesus is within a person and this is not shared.

If those first disciples knew what was promised and what they would receive, do you think they would have received a blessing if they had led many others to receive also? Imagine a disciple telling another person,'' LOOK, God has promised you a great and wonderful thing.''

Then the person thinks nothing of it, but should the promise come in our lifetime, people will be crying saying,'' IF ONLY SOMEBODY WOULD HAVE TOLD ME.''

We know how to walk in the barley in that we die daily to our desires so that Jesus Passover is realized within us, because when we die, he lives. The Passover teaches us how to become the sower so that we may bear fruit, and the Pentecost is the conclusion day of Passover where the gift of the season is given to those whose mouths are open.

We need to learn how to come up to Rosh Hashanah because it doesn't matter whether you believe in it or not, it matters that Christ went to heaven in order to officiate the priesthood himself and so when our names are called on Rosh Hashanah, we are then sealed in our foreheads for the worship system we keep, and what worship system you keep, it seals you, but just because you don't receive the memorial between your eyes doesn't mean you go to hell, but it wont get your name written in the lambs book of life because you have to be sealed.

There are 3 books.

Just because a person may still keep Christmas, it should not hinder him from studying the feast of Tabernacles so he will know for himself one way or the other what he is actually doing.

Now in my opinion, Paul is actually quoting Zechariah 14 when he says,'' And then we who are left alive and remain.''

Zechariah 14 is detailing the feast of Tabernacles unfolding and what Zechariah is insinuating is that anyone who has a claim on the God of Israel but who is not already keeping the feast of Tabernacles will die.

But whether it means keeping a feast or not, people should find out for themselves because Passover is dying daily and so that is how we keep the feast, but then how do we keep the feast of Tabernacles?

Most people will read these chapters about the coming of the Lord in the fall Holy days as if it isn't telling the truth, and if it isn't telling the truth, everyone should try and figure out what truth it is telling because it is obviously that important, and so how do Christians keep the feast of Tabernacles?

Let everyone be convinced for themselves BECAUSE IT IS that important.

The Destroyers of Jerusalem Destroyed ~ Zechariah 14

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
10All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses. 11And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. 13And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. 14And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. 15And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

All Nations will Worship the King

16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.
I'm real impressed! Did you personally translate all of that from the actual, original writings or did you just parrot the work of someone you don't even know who did these interpretations FOR YOU? I personally would want to do my on translating rather than trust someone I don't even know or never met.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:08 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich View Post
I'm real impressed! Did you personally translate all of that from the actual, original writings or did you just parrot the work of someone you don't even know who did these interpretations FOR YOU? I personally would want to do my on translating rather than trust someone I don't even know or never met.

Sorry, I don't know what you believe so take everything I say as opinion.

You mean about Zechariah,You mean the fact that Zechariah is speaking of the feast of Tabernacles where night becomes day?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:47 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm leading a worship service tonight to celebrate the incarnation of God. Not the winter solstice, or a fat man in a red suit. It's about God choosing to become a man in order to redeem us.
And that happened on Dec 25th?

Old 12-25-2016, 02:51 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
I'm leading a worship service tonight to celebrate the incarnation of God. Not the winter solstice, or a fat man in a red suit. It's about God choosing to become a man in order to redeem us.
And one is an much a myth as the other - except one is fun for the kids and the other a dreary bore.
Quote:
Thank you for illustrating my point. Everyone thinks that THEIR version of the reality allows them to be rude and mean. Good on ya, Transponder!
Excellent. We both are on the same page if at opposite ends. On all the evidence, both Santa and nativity are fairy tales, and neither should be believed by the time we start school. I do think we could treat both like we treat Harry Potter or Star wars - great fun, but not to be taken too seriously. Then that pastor could be told "Yes, the kids all know that Santa isn't real, but it's just a bit off fun, like trick and treat. You on the other hand believe a myth and a fairy take and it's making you act like a lousebag."

And do I really need to point up your attempt to equate what we goddlesss bastards do here with that bit of miserable Christian Grinchery?

Old 12-25-2016, 03:02 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich View Post
Wow! Very funny stuff. Not only is Santa a MYTH - so is the stuff the Minister is saying! But the funniest part is how the Parents are reacting! I personally believe that any child can HANDLE the truth about anything IF their own parents can handle telling them the truth - which mine never could!
It's both sad and COMICAL how us humans are way more dedicated to lies and myths than MOST truths.
You said a mouthful, chum. And the funniest thing to is to see all these believers clubbing each other here in no time about their interpretations of doctrine. At least it doesn't now involve holy wars and inquisitions.

Old 12-25-2016, 03:09 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You said a mouthful, chum. And the funniest thing to is to see all these believers clubbing each other here in no time about their interpretations of doctrine. At least it doesn't now involve holy wars and inquisitions.
Merry Christmas you old fart. Are you a sad old bastard on your own like me?

Old 12-25-2016, 05:07 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,459 times
Quote:
Is hat any worse than an atheist yahoo spouting off his God is not real nonsense or putting up billboards?
Stupid, harmful things like supernatural ideas must be challenged regardless of whether you personally like it or not Vizio.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:55 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
It was supposed to happen on the 21st, but God didn't have access to timeanddate.com back in 0 AD.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:06 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Probably not. But it's when we celebrate it. Have you never celebrated an event on a day OTHER than when it historically occurred? In my family, 3 of us siblings were born in May. We usually had 1 day where we celebrated all 3. None of us whined or screamed that it was historically inaccurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality