Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:14 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
You are still fixated on blame. There is no " truth of blame. " The mature person lives in a place of responsibility.

When a person can differentiate between blame and responsibility, when a person can cease blaming and instead accept responsibility, that is progress towards maturity.
I understand what Luminous is saying. It's not that difficult.

Many parents that have abused their children will not except responsibility. The typical line that you have espoused is exactly what an oppressor would speak. And the oppressors will lie to justify what they have done to the following generation.

Wisdom is pure, and does not provoke the children to wrath.

Cease blaming? Sounds like an abuser that says you made me beat you.

Last edited by pinacled; 02-02-2017 at 01:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I understand what Luminous is saying. It's not that difficult.

Many parents that have abused their children will not except responsibility. The typical line that you have espoused is exactly what an oppressor would speak. And the oppressors will lie to justify what they have done to following generation.

Wisdom is pure, and does provoke the children to wrath.

Cease blaming? Sounds like an abuser that says you made me beat you.
Reminds me of pharaohs heart.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
You are still fixated on blame. There is no " truth of blame. " The mature person lives in a place of responsibility.

When a person can differentiate between blame and responsibility, when a person can cease blaming and instead accept responsibility, that is progress towards maturity.
Also reminds me of Labans treatment of Jacob.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:43 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
scared that god might have done something that melts you image of a hateful and vengeful god?
I have no idea what this means or what message you are trying to convey

Old 02-02-2017, 08:09 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
no, but if my mommy saw me kill the neighbor and said nothing, i would think killing is ok an just might kill a few more.
It sounds like you are saying as long as you don't get caught and nobody stops you then its ok to do whatever you want.

It sounds like you are saying whatever you do is your mom's fault because she didn't stop you.

Neither of those are mature or healthy. Can you see how those are crippling and harmful to a person's growth and healthy development? Neither of those are how a responsible adult acts.

We aren't talking about children we are talking about adults. As adults we are responsible for the choices we make and the consequences of our actions and our decisions.

Why is that objectionable to you?

If I have misrepresented your views please indicate what your views are. Thank you

Old 02-03-2017, 04:04 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Joab was King David`s nephew who became King David captain , then Joab killed his brother in revenge for killing the other brother , and Joab had Uriah killed so King David could take Uriah wife ... then Joab commanded the death of David`s son Absalom who rebelled against David ............ Then David fired Joab and got a different nephew to replace Joab , and then Joah killed the replacement .............. then David told Solomon to kill Joab for rebellion which Solomon had Him killed .......Joab was Solomon`s uncle not his brother ................ See then God divided the kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah and then God Judged the kingdoms following the kingdom of Solomon, and then the nation lost the ten tribes of Israel , which have never came back to Israel to this day ....

Last edited by hljc; 02-03-2017 at 04:12 PM..

Old 02-03-2017, 04:15 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Joab was King David`s nephew who became King David captain , then Joab killed his brother in revenge for killing the other brother , and Joab had Uriah killed so King David could take Uriah wife ... then Joab commanded the death of David`s son Absalom who rebelled against David ............ Then David fired Joab and got a different nephew to replace Joab , and then Joah killed the replacement .............. then David told Solomon to kill Joab for rebellion which Solomon had Him killed .......Joab was Solomon`s uncle not his brother ................ See then God divided the kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah and then God Judged the kingdoms following the kingdom of Solomon, and then the nation lost the ten tribes of Israel , which have never came back to Israel to this day ....
That's not who I was asking about.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:45 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
only so many reasons one would kill a brother.
But even the Nobelist of reasons leave a bitter taste
for I loved him so.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:47 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
scared that god might have done something that melts you image of a hateful and vengeful god?
this can't be done Zee. There is no image to melt,
if you see only a hateful and vengeful god you have stared into the sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality