Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2018, 06:55 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, he is not. Mystic freely grants that the story was embellished and is pointing out that this is irrelevant to the actual existence AND more importantly the message of Jesus.
Yes, i know. The point is that Mystic puts an interpretation on why Jesus was executed. he says it is a synmbolic lesson in love. I say it was because up the noses of the roman administration.

If you say "What the heck does various kinds of fiction have to do with that?" That's my point too and why Mystic is being not only irrelevant but dishonest and crafty - as some other manipulator -for - Jesus did not two posts ago on another thread.

I once compared Christianity to a Rock: A pink, sweet and sticky confection with twisty words all the way through (1). It didn't catch on then, but let's try it again, as it for sure is true enough.

(1) hang on....online pics are so user -unfriendly, these days...

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-st...ip%3d0%26pl%3d

Old 11-27-2018, 08:04 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes, I know. The point is that Mystic puts an interpretation on why Jesus was executed. he says it is a symbolic lesson in love. I say it was because up the noses of the Roman administration.
Actually, Mystic says Jesus was executed because of the ignorance and brutality of the Israelite religious leaders and the Roman administration. He says Jesus submitted to it out of love because they knew not what they did. It was an unambiguous demonstration of perfect agape love because He loved even His torturers and murderers. It was NOT fiction.
Quote:
If you say "What the heck does various kinds of fiction have to do with that?" That's my point too and why Mystic is being not only irrelevant but dishonest and crafty - as some other manipulator -for - Jesus did not two posts ago on another thread.
Your persistent ability to completely misunderstand and miss the point of my posts is undiminished.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:27 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, Mystic says Jesus was executed because of the ignorance and brutality of the Israelite religious leaders and the Roman administration. He says Jesus submitted to it out of love because they knew not what they did. It was an unambiguous demonstration of perfect agape love because He loved even His torturers and murderers. It was NOT fiction.
Your persistent ability to completely misunderstand and miss the point of my posts is undiminished.
If this were true, he would be going to his "death" fully realizing he was just that much closer to ruling in heaven, so how such a thing could be said with a straight face to have been any sort of sacrifice, act of love, etc. is beyond me. A person in pain and dying *without* a choice in that matter is the brave one. God dying when God can't die, and this being considered dramatic and amazing, is silliness.

Thinking it was some generous act is one step even beyond that silliness. If God wanted to make the ultimate sacrifice he'd finally swallow his pride and just take away pain, mental illness, accident and death (his own inventions), which no Christian should believe is impossible or makes people robots since they believe this was the original state of Adam and Eve and the eventual state of people in heaven. Et voila. An ACTUAL sacrifice on the part of the God of the Bible.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
If this were true, he would be going to his "death" fully realizing he was just that much closer to ruling in heaven, so how such a thing could be said with a straight face to have been any sort of sacrifice, act of love, etc. is beyond me. A person in pain and dying *without* a choice in that matter is the brave one. God dying when God can't die, and this being considered dramatic and amazing, is silliness.

Thinking it was some generous act is one step even beyond that silliness. If God wanted to make the ultimate sacrifice he'd finally swallow his pride and just take away pain, mental illness, accident and death (his own inventions), which no Christian should believe is impossible or makes people robots since they believe this was the original state of Adam and Eve and the eventual state of people in heaven. Et voila. An ACTUAL sacrifice on the part of the God of the Bible.
Oh, don't be so sensible!

Old 11-27-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Jesus is Human and what He accomplished was accomplished as a human. The scourging and crucifixion were horrendously painful to His human body but His death was a release and He is the firstborn of us as Spirit. It is within our power to do the same and we will have the same fate. That IS the point - death is NOT to be feared because it is only the beginning of our birth as Spirit.
Quote:
You will get no disagreement from me that the irrationality and illogic of much of Christian dogma are irrefutable. There is no way to make rational sense of the twisted and corrupt narrative driven by the primitive and barbaric "precepts and doctrines of men." However, that does NOT mean there isn't a rational and logical interpretation of the underlying narrative, JerZ.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:

This would have some bearing if Mystic bought into the "magical thinking" of a conscious entity sort of detaching from heaven with full knowledge that he would be going back after "three days and a wake up."

Old 11-27-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
This would have some bearing if Mystic bought into the "magical thinking" of a conscious entity sort of detaching from heaven with full knowledge that he would be going back after "three days and a wake-up."
My view is so out of the mainstream, Nate, that it is difficult for people to understand that it does NOT conform to the dogmatic "precepts and doctrines of men" that define Christianity for so many.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
My view is so out of the mainstream, Nate, that it is difficult for people to understand that it does NOT conform to the dogmatic "precepts and doctrines of men" that define Christianity for so many.
Okay, but then if we can all just make ish up until we're happy with the result then why bother putting Jesus in there at all? Why the need for all the drama if we're just loved and accepted by God? It's strange to keep one specific deity/demigod in there with so much else changed. Are you deep down afraid to let go of the Jesus thing altogether? Deep down, is this your Western-based death insurance? Honest question.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Okay, but then if we can all just make ish up until we're happy with the result then why bother putting Jesus in there at all? Why the need for all the drama if we're just loved and accepted by God? It's strange to keep one specific deity/demigod in there with so much else changed. Are you deep down afraid to let go of the Jesus thing altogether? Deep down, is this your Western-based death insurance? Honest question.
Honest answer: Not at all, JerZ. I had to convince my intellect HOW what I experienced could POSSIBLY be true. That led me down many paths, largely scientific and philosophical outlining what the true nature of our reality IS. To shorthand it, the essence of our reality is vibratory and everything is some vibratory composite of the unified field that establishes our reality and serves as the locus for our consciousness. Resonance and dissonance account for the interactions of the myriad frequency aggregations (what we call physical matter, energy, and momentum).

Our consciousness is a frequency aggregate produced by our brain that has to reside within the overall consciousness field (Cosmic consciousness of God). This requires that it achieve some minimal harmonic resonance. However, what is more important is that it is necessary that at least ONE human consciousness achieve "perfect resonance" (Identity) with the unified consciousness field (God). Without that ONE human consciousness connecting ALL human consciousness with the unified consciousness field (God), our species' collective consciousness would have remained disconnected (dissonant). THAT is why a Jesus was needed. He achieved "perfect resonance" (Identity) with the consciousness of God connecting us ALL.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Honest answer: Not at all, JerZ. I had to convince my intellect HOW what I experienced could POSSIBLY be true. That led me down many paths, largely scientific and philosophical outlining what the true nature of our reality IS. To shorthand it, the essence of our reality is vibratory and everything is some vibratory composite of the unified field that establishes our reality and serves as the locus for our consciousness. Resonance and dissonance account for the interactions of the myriad frequency aggregations (what we call physical matter, energy, and momentum).

Our consciousness is a frequency aggregate produced by our brain that has to reside within the overall consciousness field (Cosmic consciousness of God). This requires that it achieve some minimal harmonic resonance. However, what is more important is that it is necessary that at least ONE human consciousness achieve "perfect resonance" (Identity) with the unified consciousness field (God). Without that ONE human consciousness connecting ALL human consciousness with the unified consciousness field (God), our species' collective consciousness would have remained disconnected (dissonant). THAT is why a Jesus was needed. He achieved "perfect resonance" (Identity) with the consciousness of God connecting us ALL.
Yes, this theory has been around for decades, or if reworded and placed around the globe, centuries. You read it somewhere, probably many times under different guises and different myths and stories, and eventually you internalized it, reworded a few things and decided it was your own esoteric information.

Still not seeing the need to stick Jesus into it somewhere? Mystics have been said to achieve this many times in various cultures. Someone *else* can't do this for a person, so Jesus seems like just a security blanket you keep. Probably when we do at last achieve an enlightened state, 1. we won't be on the internet looking for applause and agreement and 2. we finally will not only know but truly understand that nobody, no "sacrifice," no mystic can do our own work for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality