Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:55 AM

22 posts, read 48,755 times

Advertisements

Do we need a Deliverer? I would say we do, Yeshua (Jesus Christ) was sent to us to save us from the Enemy and to save us from ourselves. The enemy places thoughts in our mind and in our heart. Look around today and you will see family members killing family members and you will also see a world destroying each other because of money or religious beliefs.
We can either except the Free gift of Salvation or we can refuse it, it is our choice. God will not force His love on us or it would not be love. But, He did show us how much he loves us by sending His own Beloved Son to suffer for our SIN as a living sacrifice. Click Link!
GodTube.com - Deliver Me - Passion of the Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 07:11 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,757,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by servehim07 View Post
Do we need a Deliverer? I would say we do, Yeshua (Jesus Christ) was sent to us to save us from the Enemy and to save us from ourselves. The enemy places thoughts in our mind and in our heart. Look around today and you will see family members killing family members and you will also see a world destroying each other because of money or religious beliefs.
We can either except the Free gift of Salvation or we can refuse it, it is our choice. God will not force His love on us or it would not be love. But, He did show us how much he loves us by sending His own Beloved Son to suffer for our SIN as a living sacrifice. Click Link!
GodTube.com - Deliver Me - Passion of the Christ
Let's see...family killing family started with Cain and Abel (as far as christians are concerned). It all went downhill from there. I'd say it's not a sign of the times or anything of the like -- it's human nature. Humans will always squabble, fight, kill each other, et cetera. It's our nature to be this way. All we can do is individually try to be the best person we can be, and to raise our children to do the same.

Deliver yourself -- no "saving" needed.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM

"It's our nature to be this way" This is the problem, we are all sinners.
Please explain wht you meant by "Deliver yourself, no "saving" needed.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
"It's our nature to be this way" This is the problem, we are all sinners.
Please explain wht you meant by "Deliver yourself, no "saving" needed.
Personal responsibility, that's what I mean by delivering yourself. Too few people take responsibility for their own actions, instead choosing to either blame someone else, or call upon a "higher power" to save them. I say, get up on your own two feet and save yourself, because you can't count on anybody or anything else to do it for you.

As far as "we are all sinners", no I'm not. I don't believe in sin. There are only good actions, bad actions, and neutral actions.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:01 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
servhim07 wrote:
But, He did show us how much he loves us by sending His own Beloved Son to suffer for our SIN as a living sacrifice. Click Link!
Your logic makes no sense. He has his own Beloved Son murdered to save us?????? Only a heinously mean s.o.b. of a father would do something like that! A murderous s.o.b. of such outrageous extremes is highly unlikely to be a God. IF this dark tale has a whit of truth to it, then I'd rather spend an eternity in hell, than an eternity with such a cruel hearted s.o.b. Think about it folks, if he commits such an outrageous crime against his beloved son, the chances seem rather high that he's gonna harm you too. IMO, only a fool would trust a God who does something like this. But fear not, the chance of there being a God like this seems rather negligible.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 03-11-2008 at 02:24 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
Personal responsibility, that's what I mean by delivering yourself. Too few people take responsibility for their own actions, instead choosing to either blame someone else, or call upon a "higher power" to save them. I say, get up on your own two feet and save yourself, because you can't count on anybody or anything else to do it for you.

As far as "we are all sinners", no I'm not. I don't believe in sin. There are only good actions, bad actions, and neutral actions.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Sorry, but I can't rep you...yet.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:46 PM

I truly feel sorry for you all and one day you will face what you deny.
And regarding your comments redneck I really take offense to your rudeness and I do believe that this board is not the place for me. if you want to insult me this I can deal with, but what you said was not called for.
If you were pushing for me to leave your wish has been granted.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:00 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
servehim07 wrote:
And regarding your comments redneck I really take offense to your rudeness and I do believe that this board is not the place for me. if you want to insult me this I can deal with, but what you said was not called for.
If I have insulted you personally I truly apologize to you. I assure you that no personal offense was intended. I'm simply sharing my thought in regard to what you wrote. I have no desire for you to leave the thread. I enjoy reading everyones opinions, even if they are totally different than my own. This would be one boring forum if we all agreed with each other all the time. Please speak your mind and continue to share your opinions.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 03-11-2008 at 04:20 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
There is a Christian sub-forum if you wish to post where everyone will yell hallelujah and agree with you. Otherwise, expect to find differing opinions out here. It is after all a religion AND philosophy forum.

And as far as facing what I deny...well, if I were wrong I'd be going to hell anyway, which is where all the really interesting people will end up. So, guess I'm good on all bases.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:25 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
There is a Christian sub-forum if you wish to post where everyone will yell hallelujah and agree with you. Otherwise, expect to find differing opinions out here. It is after all a religion AND philosophy forum.

And as far as facing what I deny...well, if I were wrong I'd be going to hell anyway, which is where all the really interesting people will end up. So, guess I'm good on all bases.
Just remember you have a V.I.P. invitation to my "Sizzling Hot" party. Bring some interesting people with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality