Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 07:11 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,453,623 times

Advertisements

Silly things like this don't matter. Blood has no color. That what the only thing needed for salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 07:15 AM

106 posts, read 68,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

A religion is a group of people gathering together to love and praise God

Period.

.... "Period" sets the assertion in stone, inflexible and unmovable.
.... Is not Satanism a religion? Am seeing no praise and loving of God therein.

.... Jesus Christ was sent by God. His race is human.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:38 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,431,346 times
Quote:
Period.
Well, wouldn't that be nice if it were true!

Old 07-14-2017, 10:28 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,241,581 times
Quote:

Period.
Sadly, at least for organized religions we have today, that ship sailed long ago.

I do giggle when I see the light haired blue eyed Jesus, since of course that's not what he would have looked like coming from an area where everyone was from the Middle East/North Africa.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:19 AM

678 posts, read 430,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Silly things like this don't matter. Blood has no color. That what the only thing needed for salvation.
You're missing my point. It does matter because racism and prejudices exist throughout our society. We would need to be in complete denial to feel race doesn't have an impact the actual world that we live in. Denying racism exists and/or denying scientific evidence is not good for society.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,431,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
You're missing my point. It does matter because racism and prejudices exist throughout our society. We would need to be in complete denial to feel race doesn't have an impact the actual world that we live in. Denying racism exists and/or denying scientific evidence is not good for society.
No one is missing your point, Jumbo. Some of us veer off and would
rather not focus on the racism or prejudices.
What good does that do...to bring attention to the obvious strengthens it.

It's like when Mother T said...I won't march in your parade about anti-war...but I will
march in your parade about peace
....Paraphrased from memory.
Same concept...there is focusing on the solution or light ....or focusing on the problem and darkness.
One is the worldly, egoic way....the other, the spiritual way....it bogles the egoic mind to even
think of the spiritual approach...I know. Been there!

And this post may have made you a little mad ...that is the ego's way....anger, frustration, alienation...

Old 07-14-2017, 03:13 PM

678 posts, read 430,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No one is missing your point, Jumbo. Some of us veer off and would
rather not focus on the racism or prejudices.
What good does that do...to bring attention to the obvious strengthens it.

It's like when Mother T said...I won't march in your parade about anti-war...but I will
march in your parade about peace
....Paraphrased from memory.
Same concept...there is focusing on the solution or light ....or focusing on the problem and darkness.
One is the worldly, egoic way....the other, the spiritual way....it bogles the egoic mind to even
think of the spiritual approach...I know. Been there!

And this post may have made you a little mad ...that is the ego's way....anger, frustration, alienation...
I'm not mad, just differences of opinion. And I think you're still missing my point. I am focussing on a solution

Growing up my hometown was about 99% white. My church was 100% white. I believed Jesus was white, blue-eyed because there he was and still is depicted on the cross every Sunday. I'm sure some of the church goers and residents were then and still are quite prejudice.

That is the image most people have of Jesus engrained in their heads and I believe if the church portrayed more closely based on science "that he looked like a terrorist" not a movie star, it would have an affect on reducing racism.

It's not like a peace parade is going to solve world peace, but it may have a small affect. It's not like a Jesus depiction based on science is going to end racism, but I think it would have an affect. I guess the Church disagrees, or there is more to lose than gain from doing so.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:18 PM

63,939 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
I see people loving God.
You see strife and conflict.
That's the difference between us.
What you focus on you become.
How can you possibly say that my focus is NOT loving God and each other? The vast majority of my 33,000+ posts state that very thing as the essential part of our relationship to God. The difference is that you think religion matters and I don't. Religions emphasize the special character of its members to God and that leads SOME to turn that exclusive club mentality into conflict and strife. I do not believe God wants that exclusive club mentality for ANY reason because God is no respecter of persons. We are ALL equal in God's eyes and that is how we should treat each other and relate to each other. All the noise and thunder over beliefs ABOUT God or paths to God are the detritus of human vanity and hubris, IMO. God wants love to predominate, NOT egotistical beliefs about God, again IMO. Any focus on external features or characteristics, such as the artificial nonsense about race, are the result of a carnal mind, NOT a spiritual one.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-14-2017 at 03:26 PM..

Old 07-14-2017, 06:11 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,449,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Tell that to the white, Christian, fundamentalists who think their culture is superior.

Tell that to someone who has lived their whole life under racism and oppression because they are brown.

Old 07-30-2017, 04:20 PM

2,309 posts, read 904,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
Any thoughts on this depiction of Jesus? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Race_of_Jesus.ogv

Do you think it's more or less accurate than the typical fair skin, blue eyes, long hair image we typical see?
Simple answer is He's Jewish. Look up what did the typical Jew looked like back then and you'll have your guy. Also Jesus didn't had long hair. The Bible says that it's a shame for man to have long hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality