Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 08:11 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
And we have someone whining about the thread. It isn't mandatory that you participate in this discussion.
Thank Ramdom factors, I was thinking I might incur a lifetime ban if I didn't respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 06:14 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
It doesn't matter what I think. "We" don't know. Science has theories that are tested. Your old book has nothing that can be examined or proven factual. You are free to "believe" what you wish, but you can't make factual claims. I could claim universe producing pixies made the universe, but I can't claim it as fact.
Just as I knew, you don't have a better explanation.

I can claim as a fact that nothing can't be the source of something.

I can also state as a fact that order cannot come out of disorder and it is highly unlikely that even an eternal universe started out in the order we see today in ours.

I can also state dogmatically that when proof is not possible, logic is the best tool to use. A creation requires a Creator; a perfect creation requires an Intelligent Designer.

If you want to reject logic, be my guest.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I would be interested to see proof of such, and not just Mystic's hearsay, but if true, he's a liar and fraud. If not, he is back as omega, peddling the same nonsense.
Just because it is beyond your ability to understand something does not make it nonsense. You can't prove what you believe about evolution, so why is your faith system not nonsense? Perhapse we can attribute it to you having a double standard.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Transponder, do you want to count the number of times it has been started here that the gospels don't count two cents for historical verifiable proof of Jesus according to reputable historians, or do numbers not go that high?
Only by non-believers who start with their false, preconceived theology.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You would be correct. He is exactly your kind of fundie: Picture a brick with a bible on it.
Thanks for exposing your ignorance of a fundamentalists. You should use words you don't understand.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yes, EXACTLY his kind.... EXACTLY....
Evidently disagreeing with you and the other person who made such a childish analogy, hurts your pride.

So I will challenge you to post some hurtful thing I have said to anyone. I will put on my very accurate prophecy hat, look deeply into my crystal ball and predict you will not do it.

If I make a false statement about anyone, I will apologize to them. With my prophecy hat still on, I will also predict you will not do it for you foolish statement about me.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and none that it hasn't...but is there and was there. The simplest solution is it is there and always has been... in some form or other.
Since there is not evidence to support that idea, it is not the simplest. IMO, the simplest idea is that a creation requiries a Creator.

Quote:
The universe isn't 'ordered'. Far from it.
Not true. All of the processes work the same way everytime under the same conditions.

Quote:
The truth is...we don't know and we are not afraid to say so. The alternative to 'we don't know', is not necessarily 'god did it'. It may be but it may also be...
'it has always existed in some form or other.'
'the magic pixies did it.'
'extra terrestrial life forms did it.' It's all a cosmic mirage...etc...etc.
If you don't know, then it is possible God did do it. Attributing it to extra terrestrials is not an explanation. How did they originate?

Old 07-27-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I wouldn't be caught dead with him.
That's right. When you die you and he will be indifferent locations.

Quote:
Oh wait, he IS dead. Silly me.
Only physically, He is alive spiritually forever.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:56 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Quote:
Just as I knew, you don't have a better explanation.

I can claim as a fact that nothing can't be the source of something.
We don't know that. We don't even know if there was ever nothing. Maybe something always existed.

Quote:
I can also state as a fact that order cannot come out of disorder
Really? Proof? Let's start by defining order and disorder.

Quote:
and it is highly unlikely that even an eternal universe started out in the order we see today in ours.
How do you establish this likelihood?

Quote:
I can also state dogmatically that when proof is not possible, logic is the best tool to use.
Fair enough.

Quote:
A creation requires a Creator;
I will agree with that. Is the universe a creation? I don't see any evidence that it is, nor does logic lead me there.

Quote:
a perfect creation requires an Intelligent Designer.
So Intellgent Designer=God? That is my understanding when you start to throw modifiers like perfect into that structure. Does intelligence necessarily equal perfection? Are we living in a creation, and is it perfect? If it was perfect, and I am a component of the creation, why do I have arthritis?

Quote:
If you want to reject logic, be my guest.
I haven't seen any logic to reject.

Quote:
Since there is not evidence to support that idea, it is not the simplest. IMO, the simplest idea is that a creation requiries a Creator.
What is a creation?

Old 07-27-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
You are so uneducated on this. While these scriptures deal with Jews, you could buy children(other races/nationalities) as slaves. These scriptures deal with Jews owning Jews. Fathers could sell their daughters as slaves/wives. They could not go free after 6 years or the jubilee year, only males could go free. There was a loophole that allowed Jewish slave owners to own Jewish male slaves for life, if you care to know the truth. Also, while Jews were not allowed to treat their Jewish slaves harsh, they were allowed to treat non Jews harshly. And, enough with the servant nonsense. A slave is a slave.

Leviticus 25:44-46

44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.
The verses you just posted is not about Jews owning Jews as v44 clearly states.

V39 is about Jews owning Jews: ...YOUR SHALL NOT subject him to a slaves service, v40 - he shall be with you as a hired man.

Remaining a slave was not based on a loop-hole. It was based on the slave agreeing to remain forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality