Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 12:14 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
You really don't do yourself any favors when you ignore and don't address substantive points like these. Shirina is a trained historian, an intelligent human being, and if I don't miss my guess, posts many of these messages at some significant cost in personal discomfort. People see your non-responses like this and note it accordingly.

Disagree all you want ... but do it with honest, symmetrical engagement. Otherwise you're simply allowing your position to be dismantled without demonstrating any reason it should not be.
No disrespect, but I'm not going to discuss other posters with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 12:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
You really don't do yourself any favors when you ignore and don't address substantive points like these. Shirina is a trained historian, an intelligent human being, and if I don't miss my guess, posts many of these messages at some significant cost in personal discomfort. People see your non-responses like this and note it accordingly.

Disagree all you want ... but do it with honest, symmetrical engagement. Otherwise you're simply allowing your position to be dismantled without demonstrating any reason it should not be.
"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Old 12-15-2017, 01:41 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Physician, heal thyself.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Physician, heal thyself.
I guess that's a variant of: Pastor, absolve thyself.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:24 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Physician, heal thyself.
When you discuss as intelligently as nateswift, you can make comments like that.

Quote:
You have more excuses and evasions than a porcupine has prickles. I'll just remark to any Christians who are looking at your performance with dismay, that most of you are far better than this. Look up his other posts and see how he gets thumped but keeps on putting the same arguments, different words.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:16 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,875,129 times
For a baker to say he is "forced" to sell a cake to a homosexual is the ultimate upscale, ruling class, Lexus driving, mink wearing, first world problem, as a perfect textbook example. These religious freaks are basically people with nothing better to do than try to busybody everyone else.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:04 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,326,494 times
Quote:
Was I disrespectful toward you in anyway, BF?

You see, this is why I will never play nice with you.

Even when I do, you take a big crap all over my post.

Oh, and I think it is absolutely HILARIOUS that you STILL just HAD to respond to me, even if it's just a stupid emoticon.

You can't just walk away, can you.

Nope.

You said you weren't going to respond to me anymore -- and even a single eye-rolling emoticon is still a response.

Which makes you a liar, BF, and your pants aren't just on fire, they're a damn conflagration. A veritble four alarm fire with temperatures hot enough to melt lead.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Well, here I am. Discuss it with ME, coward.

"Bock bock bock baGOCK!"

Chicken<bleep>.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-16-2017 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: lanuage

Old 12-16-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:

Thanks, mordant -- but I'm pretty sure BF, by now, is entirely unreachable.

I still plan to tear his arguments apart for the enjoyment and entertainment of others -- and then sit back and laugh as he can't help but say *something* in response even though he said he wasn't going to respond to me anymore.

Coming from, as I've said before, the jungles of unmoderated forums, "peace treaties" between individual posters are of paramount importance lest the entire forum degenerate into non-stop flame wars and name-calling.

In the past, some of my best friends were my worst enemies in an actual debate -- but they would be the very first people to leap to my defense if I was unfairly attacked. They didn't have to agree to be a human being.

As such, I've developed a knack for knowing who I can trust with a "peace treaty," the type of which BF proposed to me several times. What he wanted wasn't a "peace treaty" -- because in such a treaty with others in the past, I'm still allowed to be who I am and express my opinions. It just means my opponents won't slather the board with ad-hominem attacks.

What BF wanted as essentially the enforcement of a gag order. His treaty stipulated that I no longer criticize, attack, mock, or be in any way disrespectful to his religious beliefs. Now ... seriously ... why would I accept those limitations just so a lightweight like BF won't attack me? Haha!

So yeah ... as I said, I thank you for the support and the praise, but I'm sure you know as well as I do that he won't be satisfied until I sit obediently with my hands folded in my lap and remain silent -- you know, like a good little Biblical woman -- demure, deferential, and obedient.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:06 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Was I disrespectful toward you in anyway, BF?
Did you kiss his ..foot? No? well, there you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality