Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 08:13 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
So yeah ... as I said, I thank you for the support and the praise, but I'm sure you know as well as I do that he won't be satisfied until I sit obediently with my hands folded in my lap and remain silent -- you know, like a good little Biblical woman -- demure, deferential, and obedient.
Well, you are quite welcome of course, but you're fully capable of defending yourself. I was simply trying to appeal to BF's rational self-interest. Is he likely to continue to doggedly undermine himself? Yup. I direct the attention of the lurkers to that, as many of them will at least pick up on it and take note.

How great a cloud of witnesses we have :-) And our theist interlocutors are, in the main, great at making our case for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 09:15 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Thanks, mordant -- but I'm pretty sure BF, by now, is entirely unreachable.
Any reachability has been and remains an illusion, Shirina.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:47 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
...When you have anal sex, there basically isn't a comfortable position...
You would have to have some personal experience with this, in order to be able to state it as a fact. However, it would still be merely subjective experience and not valid for everyone, as there are a great many people who would disagree.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:33 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I would also like to reference the risk of STDs and the frequency specifically of serious disease. Hepatitis B (the worse one, as it causes chronic infection) and HIV are much more likely to happen from anal sex than oral. Oral sex, mainly has a risk of warts, herpes (it says rare, too), clamydia, and gonorrhea. Most of these are itching or rash. Versus life-threatening weakened immune system or chronic ailments.
All of which can be contracted through heterosexual sex too.

Quote:
When you have anal sex, there basically isn't a comfortable position, ...
The voice of experience??

Quote:
...and it has been used as a form of humiliation. Basically, "you're not a guy anymore, I've made you my woman."
...and that is why, when your Bible says not to lie with a man as a you do a woman, it is referencing the practice of having ritual sex as a form of humiliation with temple prostitutes, as was common in that society and has nothing to do with 'homosexuality' as we know it today.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:44 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144
...and it has been used as a form of humiliation. Basically, "you're not a guy anymore, I've made you my woman."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
...and that is why, when your Bible says not to lie with a man as a you do a woman, it is referencing the practice of having ritual sex as a form of humiliation with temple prostitutes, as was common in that society and has nothing to do with 'homosexuality' as we know it today.
It was also taboo since the 'worship' part of the pagan practice was being applied to an idol rather than to the 'one true God'. Even the text tabooing the sacrificing of children to Molech (Leviticus 18:21) appears to imply that 'God' is more upset that the children are being sacrificed to an idol rather than to Him!

Unless people have a reasonable understanding of these ancient practices and religious rituals and as to how they applied to all of the same-sex practices referred to in the Bible (only about a half-dozen places in the ENTIRE Bible!) they really do need to keep quiet.

I have put out a challenge in the past for ANYONE to produce ANY biblical text pertaining to same-sex practices that DON'T refer to pagan temple prostitution. But, so far ...only the sound of crickets.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:31 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
You really don't do yourself any favors when you ignore and don't address substantive points like these.
I'm happy to discuss substantive points with someone that would reasonably discuss them. I've appreciated the discussions I've had with you, for instance.

Old 12-25-2017, 05:09 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm happy to discuss substantive points with someone that would reasonably discuss them. I've appreciated the discussions I've had with you, for instance.
are you actually saying that Shirina doesn't present substantive points and discuss them reasonably? Really?

Old 12-25-2017, 07:16 AM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Shirina is quite reasonable. She is just not a former fundamentalist and doesn't know (or care to know) how to tap-dance around your tender sensibilities, whereas it's second nature to me; it's like mother's milk. I started practicing navigating my way in the fundamentalist world before my sixth birthday.

She is no threat to you and you'd learn much from her if you quit reacting to her rhetoric and addressed its substance.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Have you seen the video they took? Have you seen how they acted? They weren't doing that. They were nice, and polite.

The city had to apologize, by the way, from what I understand, and admitted they were wrong.
I was there...DUH..the video was taken AFTER the confrontation when the cops showed up to convince the world they were just nice and polite..

Here is a group out to "AVENGE THE BLOOD OF CHRISTIANS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEq2M1_-M_U

Old 12-28-2017, 10:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I was there...DUH..the video was taken AFTER the confrontation when the cops showed up to convince the world they were just nice and polite..

Here is a group out to "AVENGE THE BLOOD OF CHRISTIANS"
We aren't talking about that group. We're talking about a guy that was arrested wrongly. I know nothing about the group you posted, and I'm not even going to pretend to defend them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality