Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 11:30 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Meh?

Uhm ... Gandhi was a Hindu, not a Muslim.

There is no "Sharia" in Hinduism. Sharia Law is a Muslim tradition.
I wasn't talking about Sharia law.
Quote:
Oh, and the OP wasn't asking your opinon on Gandhi. He was asking your opinion on one of Gandhi's QUOTES.

So, if you want to start a character assassination thread in regards to Gandhi, be my guest, but THIS thread isn't about your own personal opinion of Gandhi.
And my personal opinion is that pedophiles are not good people. If you wish to disagree, then so be it.
Quote:
However, time for another history lesson (I DO happen to be Indian, after all).

At any rate, Gandhi, being concerned about his supposed "nymphomania" recruited his teenage neice to sleep with him -- literally SLEEP with him, not to have sex -- and yes, Gandhi slept naked.
Right. And Michael Jackson sleeping with kids was completely innocent?

I'm sorry, there's no excuse for that. That's disgusting. It's shameful that you'd try to excuse such behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 11:31 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
He nails it, doesn't he?

Amazing all those private conversations occur, right? Moses and Yahweh. Mommaed and the Angle Gabriel. Joseph Smith and the Angel Moroni. Zoroaster saw a "shining being" by a river bank who recited the Ahura Mazda (their holy book) to him.

Do we see a pattern here? All "epiphanies" have no witnesses, but apparently we are to believe the stories. And millions do.

Just like sheep. Which, it is interesting to note, a much used symbol in at least the Christian religion.
Oh there's a definite pattern.

What people fail to realize is that all of the major religions were founded by mystics during a time when every dream was chalked up as a cryptic vision from a god.

The individual having the dream, be it Moses, Joseph Smith, Mohammad, etc., was not only free to interpret their dreams in any way they saw fit, to them, they just had a private, one-on-one consult with a supreme being.

Of course, in reality, they simply had a dream.

If any of these so-called prophets today wandered into a cave or sat on a mounaintop for several days alone then came back and insisted they saw angels and gods ... oh and here's a new religion that you must believe ... those prophets would have been promptly shipped off to Bellvue and no one would believe a word these crazies uttered.

Strange, isn't it, how ANCIENT magic and bullshyte is accepted as truth. Because I guess magic is like a fine wine -- it gets better as it ages. However, if someone claims they had a revelation with a god or angel today, most people would simply laugh and walk away.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:25 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I wasn't talking about Sharia law.

And my personal opinion is that pedophiles are not good people. If you wish to disagree, then so be it.

Right. And Michael Jackson sleeping with kids was completely innocent?

I'm sorry, there's no excuse for that. That's disgusting. It's shameful that you'd try to excuse such behavior.
Let me know your reactions on the Netflix series "Keepers" .

There is a high likelihood of one of those guys baptizing your kids.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Let me know your reactions on the Netflix series "Keepers" .
Not familiar with it. I don't have Netflix. I do watch Amazon Prime, though.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:48 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Translation from Fundamentalese to English:

"Gandhi is not a Christian therefore he can't possibly have any words of wisdom worth listening to, so I'll vomit up some immaterial, irrelevant nonsense about Gandhi's character that has NOTHING to do with the original post -- and then turn around and slap down 'phetaroi' for daring to go off-topic regarding pedophile Christians because, well, you know ... hypocrisy is grand."
He did the exact same thing with Neil deGrasse Tyson but instead accused him of being a habitual liar.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:02 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Meh?

Uhm ... Gandhi was a Hindu, not a Muslim.

There is no "Sharia" in Hinduism. Sharia Law is a Muslim tradition.

Oh, and the OP wasn't asking your opinon on Gandhi. He was asking your opinion on one of Gandhi's QUOTES.

So, if you want to start a character assassination thread in regards to Gandhi, be my guest, but THIS thread isn't about your own personal opinion of Gandhi.

However, time for another history lesson (I DO happen to be Indian, after all).

Gandhi thought he was a sexaholic -- or perhaps a nymphomaniac. No one knows for sure if he actually was one. The often-used example is that Gandhi left is father's deathbed to have sex with his wife, and while enveloped in carnal bliss, his father died. Now, I fail to see how that makes someone a nymphomaniac -- I doubt anyone on this forum sat with a dying relative 24 hours/day, 7 days/week waiting for the death rattle (unless death was going to happen, like, damn near immediately).

At any rate, Gandhi, being concerned about his supposed "nymphomania" recruited his teenage neice to sleep with him -- literally SLEEP with him, not to have sex -- and yes, Gandhi slept naked.

However, this was a test of his chastity -- it wasn't some pedophile perversion. Never once did Gandhi ever have sex with or even touch his neice or any other girl who CONSENSUALLY slept in his bed. As I said, this happened as a test of chastity, not because he wanted to have sex with a teenage girl. In fact, it was just the opposite -- Gandhi was hoping he WOULDN'T want to have sex with a teenage girl, and he didn't. Not once. Not ever.

In fact, this chastity test led to brahmacharya -- a vow of celibacy, something Gandhi was known for.

But who really cares, right? I mean, this stuff is taught to everyone in India - like Noah's Ark or the resurrection of Jesus. Hopefully you'll be less quick to leap to judgment next time, eh?
And I think key point here is that in India during Ghandi's lifetime, legal consent was given to girls before they reached their teen years. Apparently BF has no respect for the law. Instead he prefers to make up his own laws.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And I think key point here is that in India during Ghandi's lifetime, legal consent was given to girls before they reached their teen years. Apparently BF has no respect for the law. Instead he prefers to make up his own laws.
I'll remember that next time I see you complaining about how the Israelites did things in ancient Israel. If pedophilia is simply a subjective condition, then why would anyone complain about anything another culture does?

Old 05-02-2018, 03:27 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
I'll remember that next time I see you complaining about how the Israelites did things in ancient Israel. If pedophilia is simply a subjective condition, then why would anyone complain about anything another culture does?
Oh, you mean like owning another person as a slave? Or killing everyone in your neighboring tribe, including children.

Can't see anything wrong with that if your a real, living Bible believing Christian. Heck, preach it man! Preach it loud!

Old 05-02-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Oh, you mean like owning another person as a slave? Or killing everyone in your neighboring tribe, including children.

Can't see anything wrong with that if your a real, living Bible believing Christian. Heck, preach it man! Preach it loud!
Non sequitur. Slavery is wrong, and it is not commanded in the Bible. But keep trying. You might just get it eventually.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:12 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Non sequitur. Slavery is wrong, and it is not commanded in the Bible. But keep trying. You might just get it eventually.
May not be commanded, but it sure isn't condemned. Even Jesus tells one how to beat slaves. And let's not even get into the OT thing about slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality