Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 09:33 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Of course it did. And snakes and donkeys talk. And Jesus walked on water.
Glad to see you agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 09:36 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
LOL. Still arguing like a 9-year-old.
Your mockery only shows me more that atheism is a Satan fueled deception. You gain NOTHING by mocking Christians and your posts never bring anything of value to the discussion.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:38 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Still waiting on proof that bible is non-fiction.
The claim was made that the Bible is fiction. Back it up. It's not my fault that atheists stubbornly refuse to acknowledge perfectly valid evidence like archaeology yet make bold claims without ever backing it up.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:42 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Your mockery only shows me more that atheism is a Satan fueled deception. You gain NOTHING by mocking Christians and your posts never bring anything of value to the discussion.

You poor, sad child.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:53 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,947 times
Quote:
Satan is a creature created by man to deny responsibility for their actions. It is much easier to say Satan is responsible than to say I screwed up.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
keep duckin and dodgin TroutDud
It's a good point. If you don't believe the talking donkey, why should we believe the Whale (or gigantic fish) story? On the other hand, if you DO believe the talking donkey, let's see you say so. That should do your credibility some good

Old 05-18-2018, 09:58 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,339,703 times
Quote:
Still waiting on proof that the Bible is fiction.
Can you explain how:

A person can be transformed into a pillar of salt

Humans could live for hundreds of years

A Jewish carpenter can reanimate themselves and walk around for a few days after death

Water into wine

Walking on water

Talking snakes

Giants

Living inside fishes

Pregnant virgins

If you submitted the Bible as a novel manuscript, your editor would ask for significant rewrites because the plot is not even close to believable.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:02 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yet, it actually happened.

In any event, I've heard theologians suggest that Jonah did not survive. It seems he might have been dead. Read the account of it, and it describes how he went down to the depths. He very likely died, and the whale was simply used to transport his body to the surface.
Then explain to me how he was then sent on a diplomatic mission to Assyria? He shambled along as a zombie? And the apologetic gymnastics of "Theologians" (Read Bible -literalist apologists) to get over problems is well known. I can see a derail coming but you will demand examples. Take Luke's refutation of the three day resurrection claim. according to Luke Jesus 'rose' from the dead before the end of Friday.

Luke 23. 43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Old 05-18-2018, 10:04 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Can you explain how:

A person can be transformed into a pillar of salt

Humans could live for hundreds of years

A Jewish carpenter can reanimate themselves and walk around for a few days after death

Water into wine

Walking on water

Talking snakes

Giants

Living inside fishes

Pregnant virgins

If you submitted the Bible as a novel manuscript, your editor would ask for significant rewrites because the plot is not even close to believable.
True.

However, the bible's writers and editors were anonymous, primitive men who pooped in holes and made guesses as to how the world works.

And the fact they got most of it wrong should not be surprising to anyone possessed of a modicum of education, intelligence and common sense.

Sadly, that leaves out fundies.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:11 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
True.

However, the bible's writers and editors were anonymous
Nope. Most of the authors are known.
Quote:

, primitive men who pooped in holes
Luke was a physician. Other books were written by kings, and very learned men. But your attitude smacks of ethnocentrism. Do you think you're smarter than previous generations of people?
Quote:

and made guesses as to how the world works.
The Bible was inspired by God. It doesn't guess how the world works, and doesn't make the claim to be a science book. Maybe you should read it,and you'd see that.
Quote:
And the fact they got most of it wrong should not be surprising to anyone possessed of a modicum of education, intelligence and common sense.

Sadly, that leaves out fundies.
Again...try reading it. It's clear you simply don't have a clue. You do have a bias, though. I'm sorry for whatever caused that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality