Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 10:10 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
If you read his posts in the Christianity forum his anti Islam comments have been deleted. To him a liberal is anyone who doesn't agree with hiim.

Doesn't Islam exist in other democratic countries, includingsome where it is the majority? Muslims have lived in the States since before it was a country. Killing witches doesn't seem to be compatible with a democracy. A woman needing her husband's permission for a divorce (Judaism ) doesn't seem compatible with a democracy.

The OP seems to have it in for libetals, Muslims, academics who don't believe in a literal flood, Antifa etc

Yes, I just went back and skimmed through many of the OPs posts in various threads, and I see exactly what you saw...particularly what you note in your last sentence.

As to the primary question, I don't think Islam is compatible with American culture. But it doesn't matter. Either the Bill Of Rights is intact, or it isn't. We don't get to pick and choose when it comes to religion. People are either free to worship as they please, or they aren't. HOWEVER, there are limits to all the freedoms in the Bill Of Rights, and all religions have to live within our general structure of law.

This general topic would be a very good lesson for many on the hard right who see no limits to their favorite part of the Bill Of Rights (the right to bear arms), but then look at the freedom of religion and say oh but wait, there are limits on that part of the Bill Of Rights. And those same people take for granted an almost unlimited freedom for their religion, but don't realize that there are people of other religions or no religion who feel about them just as they feel about Islam.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:10 AM

160 posts, read 62,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What exactly do you mean by a 'liberal'?
Well conservatives in America are certainly not the ones supporting death to Israel and the Islamic conquest of Europe and America. I do believe its fair to say that the Democrats lost the last election mainly because of their stance on Islam. That is a big taboo and I don't think liberals have figured it out yet.

Look, I have studied the Qur'an, Sunnah, tafsirs, sharia, among other important Islamic literature. I have debated many muslims, including Imams. I know their beliefs. I would not question the rights of any religious status in this country unless I believed it went over the line that we Americans should not tolerate. I actually don't see this issue as a liberal vs. conservative issue as it shouldn't be that. But liberals, who live for opposite day, have been protecting all things Islam from any form of criticism or even simple questioning. This has caused an outbreak of angry people who don't like censorship to double-up on all efforts to pump out as much criticism on Islam as possible since liberals don't allow criticism against Islam. But they are just fine criticizing Christianity. But why is that? Could it be that liberals know they can attack and bully and ridicule Christians all over the nation because they know Christians aren't gonna kill them for doing so? I do believe that is the answer. We won't kill liberals unless its a civil war situation. Apart from a civil war liberals have nothing to fear from us and they can criticize without consequence. But in Islam its different. You get killed for saying anything bad about Muhammad. If you draw a cartoon picture of him they will kill you.

Do you want to live in fear or you want to stand and challenge this radical ideology that many of us believe is a cancer to everything modern civilization has ever stood for? I know atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, Christians, Jews, Agnostics, liberals and conservatives who do question the practices of Islam. So this issue isn't going away anytime soon.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:14 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughboy View Post
So I'm a little confused: Do liberals approve of the orders in the Qur'an which command believers to exterminate all disbelievers in the world until there are none left?
We 'liberals' do not approve of the similar command in the OT neither.

Have you noticed how the US constitution and the laws of Europe do NOT follow the laws of the OT? That is because just like Islam, the laws are not compatible.

And that is why the majority of Muslims, Jews and Christians follow a modified version of their religion, because they are nice people.

The fact you had to single out just one religion, Islam, is telling.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:16 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
So the things I quoted from Islamic law are legal here? You're saying muslims can kill apostates and wage jihad here to conquer us and that this follows U.S. laws? Hum?
No, people are free to follow a religion or not so long as as they follow the secular laws.

Freedom of religion does NOT mean you follow that religion to the letter.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes, I just went back and skimmed through many of the OPs posts in various threads, and I see exactly what you saw...particularly what you note in your last sentence.

As to the primary question, I don't think Islam is compatible with American culture. But it doesn't matter. Either the Bill Of Rights is intact, or it isn't. We don't get to pick and choose when it comes to religion. People are either free to worship as they please, or they aren't. HOWEVER, there are limits to all the freedoms in the Bill Of Rights, and all religions have to live within our general structure of law.

This general topic would be a very good lesson for many on the hard right who see no limits to their favorite part of the Bill Of Rights (the right to bear arms), but then look at the freedom of religion and say oh but wait, there are limits on that part of the Bill Of Rights. And those same people take for granted an almost unlimited freedom for their religion, but don't realize that there are people of other religions or no religion who feel about them just as they feel about Islam.
I agree with you in part. Though I think you don't understand that its been conservatives, not liberals, who have been in the forefront of defending the 1st Amendment from liberals who seek to abolish it. This Islam issue is solely about Islam. It does not place other religions into question. Islam is the only worldview that teaches muslims to wage jihad against their host nation that has invited them in. There are many beliefs that can cause sudden jihad syndrome in a muslim with no prior record of violence. All it takes is for a muslim to read their beliefs and from there it could led to quickly becoming radicalized.

Generally speaking, muslims are taught to be very patient in jihad (Qur'an 6:158). They will not rush in to battle until they feel well prepared. Muhammad used to think his warriors were the best and they could take on anybody even when outnumbered. But Muammad's ego was badly bruised to the point of tears when he authorized an attack on the Byzantine army and his men were cut to ribbons. This was Islam's first encounter with the Byzantine army and it taught Muhammad a lesson of patience that he would have to take to his grave. He would not live to see the fall of the Byzantine Empire...but his followers would. But Muhammad was a smart general and knew if he were to be successful in his "war against all" he would have to drag this war out long after his death. Emigration was his favorite weapon is softening the battleground. He would get his people to emigrate into the land of a nation he wanted to conquer and they would turn the citizens of that nation or tribe against each other, dividing them. Then, when the time was right, they would attack from the outside and the inside. This is very effective warfare and western nations are now falling for this war tactic without even questioning it. But its on. Its here. We need to address these concerns because in the near future we are gonna have to chose between Islam and our American culture. Well, I believe we already made that choice when we voted for Trump.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:27 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Is Islam compatible for our Constitution and American civil law? This topic isn't about muslims in general but about what muslims follow--Islam. Muhammad is the authority of all things Islam. Without Muhammad you don't have Islam. The Qur'an is the most important holy book of Islam. It makes up 16% of the Islamic Canon of Scripture. The Qur'an tells muslims to follow the Sunnah:

Noble Qur'an 3:31,

"Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Quran and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

The Sunnah makes up 84% of the Islamic Canon of Scripture. The Sunnah consist of the Seerah (the life of Muhammad; his biography), and the Hadith (the traditions of Muhammad, what he said and did). The Sunnah is an important part of Islam.

My question to this forum is whether or not the teachings in the Qur'an and Sunnah are compatible with our civil laws?

How close will this come to crossing the political line??

I see it as compatible as christian sharia law.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, people are free to follow a religion or not so long as as they follow the secular laws.

Freedom of religion does NOT mean you follow that religion to the letter.
I'm not sure what you mean by secular laws? You mean laws put forth by atheist? There is no law in atheism. Atheism is moral relativism and every single atheist professor without exception teaches that morality is relative.

No, our Constitution and Bill of Rights was based on the Bible and the morality therein. There weren't even any atheists in America when the Constitution was made! So the Constitution, though it protects all people, is a Christian document. You see, we Christians don't want to force you to become a Christian or your conversion isn't genuine. We want you to freely accept Christianity. So the Constitution and Bill of Rights is actually what a real Christian Theocracy looks like from this current earth age. It all defends free will.

But mass extermination of Americans goes against the free choice granted by our Constitution. We do not believe in forcing religion on other people.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:34 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
We do not believe in forcing religion on other people.
Oy vez!

Old 06-21-2018, 10:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

Typical strawman attempt to justify unconstitutional controls with laws that regulate usage. Example: my having the constitutional right to have any gun, does not allow me to “use” it anyway I want. You are typically trying to justify possession control with usage control, which is contrary to the 2nd amendment.

In context with this thread, Islam is protected by the first amendment, but not how it is used when contrary to individual rights. The Founders are clear on why we can have both. But neither are allowed to be used to commit criminal acts.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How close will this come to crossing the political line??

I see it as compatible as christian sharia law.
There is no sharia law in Christianity. Any such doctrine would violate the free will of conscious which we Christians believe to be vital to human freedom. We don't want to force you to believe God. You need to do that on your own. Its your choice and the only free choice in this world that matters. False conversions is not what Christians want. We want people to genuinely accept Christ as their Savior. Our beliefs are all found in that short little section of the Bible called the New Testament. Thats all anyone has to read to learn Christianity. But in Islam, well, that's a forced religion and you have no idea of the mountain of Islamic Scripture they have! I have all of it...at least what has been translated into English. I would love to have all of Tafsir Al-Qurtubi but I doubt they will go beyond Surah 1 & 2 with that tafsir since it has been rumored (though unconfirmed) that Surah 4 of Tafsir Al-Qurtubi allows for eating people. But this cannot be confirmed since we have nothing beyond Surah 2 to confirm anything. But Surah 2 does say its ok to drink blood but wine is forbidden. But videos have surfaced of muslims eating the hearts out of people among other parts. Could this be because eating people is authorized in the Qur'an? We cannot answer that question without the full Tafsir Al-Qurtubi in English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality