Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 01:14 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,747,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The atheism and agnosticism section is for discussing atheism and agnosticism. This section is for discussing religion in general.

And we are fighting back against your huge and desperate push to promote religion. If you want to argue that people can resurrect fried fish, feel free. Just do not expect us to sit back while people who believe such beliefs try to tell us what is moral, and that 'god did it' should replace science in schools.

And remember, mockery is far less painful than passenger jets flown into skyscrapers.

But well done for standing up for your god, as he does seem incapable of doing this for himself.

Funny how the topic of religion almost always focuses against Bible believing Christians here. I don't see a desire for discussion. Just Bible bashing and venting against God.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:17 PM

50,917 posts, read 24,424,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Funny how the topic of religion almost always focuses against Bible believing Christians here. I don't see a desire for discussion. Just Bible bashing and venting against God.
Perhaps because I almost never see open-minded, educated discussion about christianity. What I most often see is dogma...varying degrees of dogma...but still dogma.

We have a few open-minded christian posters, however. I enjoy chatting with them. Mighty Queen is a good example.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:40 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,604,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Perhaps because I almost never see open-minded, educated discussion about christianity. What I most often see is dogma...varying degrees of dogma...but still dogma.

We have a few open-minded christian posters, however. I enjoy chatting with them. Mighty Queen is a good example.
Rev Randy is another one.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:21 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,353,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Atheists do not believe that God ever existed to begin with. So atheists can hardly be venting against God. Apparently you consider any refutation of your beliefs to be bashing them. Believers, when faced with refutations of their beliefs, invariably make a huge show of indignation, and then disappear from the discussion. So you are not really complaining about having the inability to have a discussion that evaluates the pros and cons of your unbelievable claims. Because of the unrealistic nature of your claims you are at a disadvantage right from the get go. What you are protesting is the fact that non believers have given careful consideration your unbelievable claims and are invariably well prepared point out all of the reasons just why they are not believable. Non believers won't cooperate by simply accepting your unbelievable claims quietly and without skepticism. But that is not a refusal to have a discussion. That is a refusal to buy into your make believe simply because you happen to have bought into it.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:29 PM

22,294 posts, read 19,272,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Atheists do not believe that God ever existed to begin with. So atheists can hardly be venting against God. Apparently you consider any refutation of your beliefs to be bashing them. Believers, when faced with refutations of their beliefs, invariably make a huge show of indignation, and then disappear from the discussion. So you are not really complaining about having the inability to have a discussion that evaluates the pros and cons of your unbelievable claims. Because of the unrealistic nature of your claims you are at a disadvantage right from the get go. What you are protesting is the fact that non believers have given careful consideration your unbelievable claims and are invariably well prepared point out all of the reasons just why they are not believable. Non believers won't cooperate by simply accepting your unbelievable claims quietly and without skepticism. But that is not a refusal to have a discussion. That is a refusal to buy into your make believe simply because you happen to have bought into it.
actually people disappear from the discussion because there is no intelligent discourse on offer.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
actually people disappear from the discussion because there is no intelligent discourse on offer.

Translation: Nobody agrees with me.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:43 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,622,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
As we see every day on this area of the forum is, in increasing intensity, a huge and desperate push to promote atheism through the mocking of spirituality and religion. All one has to do is look at the majority of threads started. Instead of residing in the Atheism forum, they now cross over and spill into this area.

This isn't the "Non-Belief and Nihilism" forum.

As displayed by the perpetrators, there's more preaching and proselytizing by atheists here than any other groups.

My faith is strong. It can withstand anything you care to say about it, or me. Why is yours not as strong?

Old 07-05-2018, 04:41 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,604,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
My faith is strong. It can withstand anything you care to say about it, or me. Why is yours not as strong?
"Faith is believin' what you know ain't so" ~ Mark Twain

Faith is hoping. Never based on facts.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:49 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

And how does that sentiment reflect spirituality in any way?

Old 07-05-2018, 04:49 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,622,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

I do not live my life according to Mark Twain, as much as I enjoy him.

The fact is my faith is strong,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality