Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 03:03 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you so thoroughly mask your understanding under so much kabbalistic and ancient gobbledygook when you seem to know the essential truth of our purpose, Hanni? It has nothing to do with ANY religious rituals or traditions.
Just because you don't understand doesn't mean what I say is untrue, you would have to accept the bible and study it before you could understand, but I didn't make up what I said, I am saying something that is taught over and over just like Paul taught it. We make a claim that Jesus was a viper on a pole, that he was a Passover lamb, a Pentecost Ram, a Yom Kippur goat, a Sukkot bull and that everything written of animals was not written of animals but of us. What is written of oxen is not written for oxen......Not my words.

Is the Passover lamb about an animal or a human?

But like I said, you would actually have to believe in the bible man, and then you would have to be willing to read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 03:06 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The Bible does, everything written of every animal is always referring to humans. From cover to cover the bible is teaching human evolution and how we are all born with a mind of a beast, and to overcome the mind of a beast is the point of the bible.

The bible is teaching us that we are born into the skins of animals but that we can overcome and become something greater in an expected evolution. We are taught over and over that we are the Tabernacle that is clothed in the skins of animals and those skins show a progressive evolution from an animal to a spiritual human and then it shows an evolution of all mankind in the every expanding design of the Tabernacle.

Because we are the Tabernacle which houses a spirit, the bible is showing an evolution of mankind everytime the design of the temple changes because a human is that Temple, that Tabernacle made from the skins of animals.

The bible teaches evolution.
LOL is this what your religion indoctrinates you to believe so that it makes the bible look credible and up to date with science? LOL!!!

Then explain whey religious fundies are trying to push creationism and dispel evolution in our public schools?

Old 12-14-2018, 10:16 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yep which is why it's laughable that religious folks think that some god created us in his image. They worship a god that displays no limits to cruelty. I wonder how they find spiritual enlightenment in doing that? Makes not one ounce of sense does it?
I think they find their tribalist superiority-complex to be very personally uplifting. And they mistake that ego-boost for mental calm and feelings of understanding.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The Bible does, everything written of every animal is always referring to humans. From cover to cover the bible is teaching human evolution and how we are all born with a mind of a beast, and to overcome the mind of a beast is the point of the bible.

[...snip...]

The bible teaches evolution.
sure, just like the Quran

Too bad that only Darwin was able to interpret the Bible and Quran correctly enough for our New Age of Old World Religions bourgeoisie.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:19 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Is farming life immoral?

Old 12-15-2018, 10:15 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Is farming life immoral?
Raising veal may be considered as such do to the conditions. My wife's brother, fourth generation mixed farmer on the same land has a cow calf operation as well as grain. He visited a turkey farm and thought it was disgusting how the birds were kept. His cows are out in pastures and fields most of their lives, turkeys are in a tiny cage their whole life.

I think that being an atheists encourages one to think of situations on their own merits. So yes some agricultural practices are immoral, because of how the animals are treated as well as their effects on the environment. Other farming practices are definitely moral.

Some hunting is moral, some not. PETA calls pet ownership immoral. I strongly disagree. Keeping a dog outside on a chain with very little interactions with humans or other animals is immoral. Having dogs and cats in your house as a part of the family is not immoral. When we had two dogs and three cats, they set some sort of rules amongst themselves. Any cat food dropped on the floor was fair game. If a cat wanted to eat at a dogs dish both dogs would back off and wait for them. One cat was chased by the dogs and it seemed like half the time she instigated that.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:37 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,449 times
http://humanefacts.org/humane-slaughter/

https://www.uta.edu/philosophy/facul...%282001%29.pdf

Old 12-15-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

Some hunting is moral, some not. PETA calls pet ownership immoral. I strongly disagree. Keeping a dog outside on a chain with very little interactions with humans or other animals is immoral. Having dogs and cats in your house as a part of the family is not immoral. When we had two dogs and three cats, they set some sort of rules amongst themselves. Any cat food dropped on the floor was fair game. If a cat wanted to eat at a dogs dish both dogs would back off and wait for them. One cat was chased by the dogs and it seemed like half the time she instigated that.
According to an "Our Views" article on PETA's website:
Quote:
This selfish desire to possess animals and receive love from them causes immeasurable suffering, which results from manipulating their breeding, selling or giving them away casually, and depriving them of the opportunity to engage in their natural behavior. They are restricted to human homes, where they must obey commands and can only eat, drink, and even urinate when humans allow them to.
This means that PETA does not think most pets are treated as "as a part of the family" but instead as slaves and decorative commodities.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:38 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,449 times
Natural behavior? The world has too much natural behavior. What the world needs is civilization.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yo7XK-tEHl8

Old 12-15-2018, 12:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
You can't have it both ways. If we are animals then we should be acting like animals. Behaving according to our preprogrammed nature and instinct, not conflicted in areas of morality.
Who says humans care about morality? Take a close look at us buddy. Morality has nothing to do with it.

We're barely one step out of the cave ffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality