Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2018, 06:55 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How did they recover his diary?...
He brought his dairy with him to the Island?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 06:55 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How did they recover his diary?...
He made an initial trip to the island. He screamed from a distance, "I love you and Jesus loves you." A young boy shot an arrow at him and it penetrated his Bible as he held the Bible to his chest. He ran back to the boat and the boat took off. He must have written all this in his journal that night and left the journal on the boat when he went back to the island the next day, never to return. Helicopters investigating the incident noticed the natives dragging the body of a white man and burying it in the sand on the beach. Natives began shooting arrows at the helicopter.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
He made an initial trip to the island. He screamed from a distance, "I love you and Jesus loves you." A young boy shot an arrow at him and it penetrated his Bible as he held the Bible to his chest. He ran back to the boat and the boat took off. He must have written all this in his journal that night and left the journal on the boat when he went back to the island the next day, never to return. Helicopters investigating the incident noticed the natives dragging the body of a white man and burying it in the sand on the beach. Natives began shooting arrows at the helicopter.
And another room-temperature IQ zealot bites the sand.

He was the author of his own misfortune.

RIP self-righteous grandiosity.

And please, support real education programs wherever you live.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:18 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
I think you're getting at Mike555's point that Jesus doesn't promise protection for his followers. Mark 16:9-20 presents a gargantuan problem for the "The Bible is inerrant" crowd. Mark 16:9-20 is an errancy so the Bible is not the perfect word of God. But the other problem is that in numerous places in the Bible Jesus does promise protection to those that follow him. I've listed them elsewhere but you probably missed it. These promises would cover the apostles when they went out on their mission:

Quote:
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3

Quote:
says the LORD. “I will protect them from those who malign them.” Psalm 12:5

Quote:
You preserve my life. With your right hand you save me. Psalm 138:7

Quote:
“I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies. 2 Samuel 22:4

John Chau wrote in his diary, "God, I don't want to die". God promised to protect him. He called on God/Jesus to protect him and God/Jesus was nowhere to be found to keep his promise to John Chau. Explain that.
Matthew, I'd like to get an answer to my question. But if you can't it's okay I understand.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:09 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And another room-temperature IQ zealot bites the sand.

He was the author of his own misfortune.

RIP self-righteous grandiosity.

And please, support real education programs wherever you live.
Yep he made his bed and had no choice but to hop right in it.

The audacity of this self-righteous hubris displaying religious fundy deserved exactly what he got....especially after he was clearly warned. I guess Jesus really did not give a darn about this messenger.

It was none of his business and not his right to disturb these people with his "dream" that he expected everyone else to dream and went about it by imposing his will upon them.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:35 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
i can't help but agree that it does prove that "Jesus" is imaginary. Jesus could - and surely should - either have made his mission succeed. It would be a world triumph for US Christianity. How could it not happen?

Or, on the other hand, if God answers any prayers or talks to his people at all, ever, he should have talked to him. "John, this is not what you should be doing. You had warnings. Give this up and do something else". But the Jesus that Chau listened to was the Jesus in his own head, and nowhere else.

This is the latest in a line of propaganda coups for atheism (done of course for us by the religious side ). But I do feel for the man and his family and see it as somewhat ghoulish to make publicity out of it. But, the attempts to make it a Christian propaganda out of it by making him a martyr...well, they started it.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:11 AM

3,802 posts, read 2,999,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Apart from a couple of words ("coconut" for example) the language of those Islanders is not understood or known (except by them, of course). Chau presumably expected that God would work some miracle for him. But of course, God only works the sort of miracles that might occur if he wasn't there at all - like providing these stone age living fossils with metal -tipped arrows to make sure they did a good job of taking him and his mission down.
The metal tips were scavenged from shipwrecks.
But it shows that they are an adaptable group these North Sentinelese.
And of course Chau thought that he could miraculously communicate with them, and that they would listen, he planned on staying there for 12 months from one source I read.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
He brought his dairy with him to the Island?
I would assume he did when he left the third time and told them not to wait, implying that he would not return...Why would he not take his diary along?...

Old 12-06-2018, 03:26 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
i can't help but agree that it does prove that "Jesus" is imaginary. Jesus could - and surely should - either have made his mission succeed. It would be a world triumph for US Christianity. How could it not happen?

Or, on the other hand, if God answers any prayers or talks to his people at all, ever, he should have talked to him. "John, this is not what you should be doing. You had warnings. Give this up and do something else". But the Jesus that Chau listened to was the Jesus in his own head, and nowhere else.

This is the latest in a line of propaganda coups for atheism (done of course for us by the religious side ). But I do feel for the man and his family and see it as somewhat ghoulish to make publicity out of it. But, the attempts to make it a Christian propaganda out of it by making him a martyr...well, they started it.
Come on, G-d clearly “told” him two times, at least, that this is not what he should be doing and he ignored those warnings, so G-d just said, “OK, whatever!”....

Old 12-06-2018, 04:07 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
The metal tips were scavenged from shipwrecks.
But it shows that they are an adaptable group these North Sentinelese.
And of course Chau thought that he could miraculously communicate with them, and that they would listen, he planned on staying there for 12 months from one source I read.
You are correct. The shipwrecks is the obvious source of the metal. Though how they even knew what it was and how to fashion it into arrowheads or even how they manged to cut bits of it off and even work it is a bit of a mystery. One suspects they know a bit more about the outside world than we might suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality