Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:28 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,457,680 times

Advertisements

There seem to be several threads where there is mention that Muslims are having visions of Jesus and converting to Christianity. My question is why doesn't Jesus show himself to Osama Bin Laden? After all, if there were a single Muslim that would probably be worth showing himself to I would imagine it would be Osama. Not only that, but since Osama is a Muslim it leaves little doubt in my mind that he does believe in Jesus just not as a son of god. It doesn't seem like it'd be a far cry for Jesus to show up in a dream or something of that nature and tell Osama to stop being such a terrorist and that he needs to convert to Christianity. Instead, it seems just random people are apparently having visions of Christ and converting. I guess it seems like there is a mix-up in priorities.

After all, since Osama still has a lot of influence with his ideology in the Middle East, doesn't it seem like him making a conversion would influence many other Muslims to make the same leap as well? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 10:33 PM

756 posts, read 2,574,598 times
maybe he has..........

Old 04-11-2008, 02:51 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
maybe he has..........
you mean like jesus turns out to be quite the terrorist?

Old 04-11-2008, 04:09 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,129 times
Because Osama is the root of all evil. Duh. Jesus would have to be in an overdrive mode to even start on that kid.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:31 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,259,330 times
And how would Osama keep his power base then? His strain of medieval Islam is far more suited to his purposes of exerting power than the modern Christian views.

If you have a vision of a bearded man in white robes with sun rays around his head, wouldn't Osama assume it was Allah? or Mohamed? Who you dream up depends on what you believe.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:36 AM

Not if he was white with flowing brown locks and brilliant blue eyes! Because, as we all know, Jesus was white, NOT Arabian.

... lawl.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,457,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
And how would Osama keep his power base then? His strain of medieval Islam is far more suited to his purposes of exerting power than the modern Christian views.

If you have a vision of a bearded man in white robes with sun rays around his head, wouldn't Osama assume it was Allah? or Mohamed? Who you dream up depends on what you believe.
That's part of what I was trying to get at. Muslims throughout the Middle East, according to some on this forum, are having visions of Jesus and converting to Christianity. I mean, if you really think about it, if Jesus really were the son of god, the guy who turned water into wine and walked on water, it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard for him to make it known to Osama that he was seeing Jesus and should convert.

Why not make it count? Why go around and covertly try and sway common people when you have a very horrible man who no doubtedly believes in God (and even Jesus to many extents)? Heck, that would be my first target if I were Jesus. I guess my point is that if Jesus is taking the time out of his busy schedule to appear to regular folks who are apparently believing in the wrong thing, you'd think that a man who preached so much peace and love might take the time out of his day to visit some of the bad guys...

Old 04-11-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Not if he was white with flowing brown locks and brilliant blue eyes! Because, as we all know, Jesus was white, NOT Arabian.

... lawl.
I can´t tell if this is sarcasm or if you really believe that jesus was caucasian oww migraine

Old 04-11-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
That's part of what I was trying to get at. Muslims throughout the Middle East, according to some on this forum, are having visions of Jesus and converting to Christianity. I mean, if you really think about it, if Jesus really were the son of god, the guy who turned water into wine and walked on water, it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard for him to make it known to Osama that he was seeing Jesus and should convert.

Why not make it count? Why go around and covertly try and sway common people when you have a very horrible man who no doubtedly believes in God (and even Jesus to many extents). Heck, that would be my first target if I were Jesus. I guess my point is that if Jesus is taking the time out of his busy schedule to appear to regular folks who are apparently believing in the wrong thing, you'd think that a man who preached so much peace and love might take the time out of his day to visit some of the bad guys...
*eerie hum*
buuut god aaaand too sooome exxxtennct jeeeeeesus wooork in misteeerious wayyys

whoooooo!!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I can´t tell if this is sarcasm or if you really believe that jesus was caucasian oww migraine
Sarcasm? What a foreign concept!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality