Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2019, 06:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I have engaged in it and I will repeat what I said. Maybe you will understand it this time---If something is true, it can't be plagiarized. Anyone who wants to use it can.
You still do not understand plagiarism and now you’re making yourself look like a fool...

pla·gia·rism
[ˈplājəˌrizəm]
NOUN
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 09:18 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:

Your comment is insulting, rude and self serving. ...

Then quit believing in evolution. You can't prove even one thing ir preaches.

Then present your evidence the Bible is not true. ...
1. You're worried about insults, rudeness, and being self serving?

2. Oh, you're one of those people. There's a lot more evidence for evolution than there is for most of the stuff in the bible. (BTW, I'm qualified as an invertebrate paleontologist, but I went into a different field and haven't kept up with it. But even in the 1970s-1980s, the basic truth of evolution was clear to most educated people. On the other hand, when I was teaching historical geology at the high school level, I had parents...like you...who literally said, "I don't want my child to think").

3. He doesn't need to present more evidence. There are reams of it on this forum.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:19 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
I have engaged in it and I will repeat what I said. Maybe you will understand it this time---If something is true, it can't be plagiarized. Anyone who wants to use it can.
As someone who has been published, and as someone who sometimes judged accusations of plagiarism...you don't understand it.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:28 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
As someone who has been published, and as someone who sometimes judged accusations of plagiarism...you don't understand it.
Ditto.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
He advertises either his ignorance or his narrow-mindedness with virtually every post.

It's fascinating...in a train-wreck kind of a way.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:52 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He advertises either his ignorance or his narrow-mindedness with virtually every post.

It's fascinating...in a train-wreck kind of a way.

Yes, I will 2nd this. Omega is representative of most Christians in here but he carries ineptness to levels never before seen, at least by me. Not even BaptistFundie soars to these kinds of heights. I used to think omega's outrageous statements were designed just to get a laugh at our expense but now I'm beginning to believe he is so out-of-touch with how biology and evolution works that he just says whatever pops into his mind, much the way quote 2400 is doing.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:54 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Spiritual truths can't be proved or disproved.
Then they are not 'truths'. That's the good thing about 'truth', it is supported by verifiable evidence that can be shown to be true over and over again...that's why it's called 'true'. What you are thinking of is not 'truths' but beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
An omniscient Being knew the results of his actions in fine detail before He ever began. And an omnipotent Being gets exactly the results He intends to get without fail! A God who repents (or is sorry) for the way things turned out is a God who FAILS. Is your God omnipotent... or does He sometimes fail?
Hear! Hear! It always makes me laugh when I hear believers telling us what their omnimax god wanted before it all went wrong for him - and he didn't get what he wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, I will 2nd this. Omega is representative of most Christians in here but he carries ineptness to levels never before seen, at least by me. Not even BaptistFundie soars to these kinds of heights. I used to think omega's outrageous statements were designed just to get a laugh at our expense but now I'm beginning to believe he is so out-of-touch with how biology and evolution works that he just says whatever pops into his mind, much the way quote 2400 is doing.
Just think of the T word.

...and he's a very good one too.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Then they are not 'truths'. That's the good thing about 'truth', it is supported by verifiable evidence that can be shown to be true over and over again...that's why it's called 'true'. What you are thinking of is not 'truths' but beliefs.

Hear! Hear! It always makes me laugh when I hear believers telling us what their omnimax god wanted before it all went wrong for him - and he didn't get what he wanted.

Just think of the T word.

...and he's a very good one too.
Actually, Raf, I don’t remember posting that...I wonder if the ghost of CD has gunked up the works again...

Yea, after running back a few pages, it was Tired Of The Nonsense that poster that, not me...

Omega just screwed the formatting up and it eventually looked like I posted that...

Old 05-15-2019, 02:53 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Actually, Raf, I don’t remember posting that...I wonder if the ghost of CD has gunked up the works again...

Yea, after running back a few pages, it was Tired Of The Nonsense that poster that, not me...

Omega just screwed the formatting up and it eventually looked like I posted that...
OK Bro!

Old 05-15-2019, 04:40 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:

I'm sorry that happened to your post, Richard. The following remarks are directed at all the thread participants, and are not directed at you.

Going forward, everyone please be sure to take a look at your post before and after you submit it. If the quotes don't look right and quote tags are exposed, something is wrong. Fix it, remove the quoted post, or delete your post. If you see a post with visible quote tags, report the post. DO NOT RESPOND TO IT UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX THE QUOTES.

When the improperly used quote tags cause a post to appear to come from the wrong member, that cause the post to violate the forum rules against modifying quoted posts in such a ways as to change the meaning. That is even worse than changing the words in a quoted post because it sometimes makes the post appear to represent the thoughts of the wrong member. That becomes a serious problem. You are responsible for your own posts. Submitting a post that misrepresents another member's post can earn you a post limiting infraction.

It is impossible for any moderator to monitor all the threads in these forums in real time. We have to depend on you to report problems. Please don't make the problems worse by responding to posts with improperly used quotes.

So far, there have been 11 posts deleted from this thread. Most of those have been for improperly used quotes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality