U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2019, 10:55 PM
 
269 posts, read 98,398 times
Reputation: 206

Advertisements

The worst would be predomically in populated Muslim countries. Ther persecution of religiously unaffected in places such as Iran and Saudi Arabia are far worse than the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2019, 11:10 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
23,316 posts, read 10,673,211 times
Reputation: 20715
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
The worst would be predomically in populated Muslim countries. Ther persecution of religiously unaffected in places such as Iran and Saudi Arabia are far worse than the USA.
And what is your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 01:44 PM
 
6,153 posts, read 1,761,101 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Christians, do you feel proud that your actions are the same as third world countries? The same as governments endorse in Muslim countries? The same as in many countries run by despots?

If you are Christian, what are you doing, if you feel this is wrong, to dissuade your fellow more extreme brethren?

Source:

I don't know a single Christian that would feel glad to see a non religious person persecuted.

But do YOU feel glad to know that your actions bear a resemblance to Stalin? Or Mao? After all, Christianity is becoming rather hated in America among your crowd. And we are losing our 1st Amendment rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 04:19 PM
 
4,629 posts, read 947,351 times
Reputation: 2607
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I don't know a single Christian that would feel glad to see a non religious person persecuted.

But do YOU feel glad to know that your actions bear a resemblance to Stalin? Or Mao? After all, Christianity is becoming rather hated in America among your crowd. And we are losing our 1st Amendment rights.
Why is the USA in that group? Why is the USA in the top countries that harass those that are non-religious?

Nobody in "my crowd" hates Christians. Many hate what Christians do, including being anti-gay, against many human rights, anti-abortion, and driven to enforce THEIR beliefs on the rest of the population. Stop being a..... holes and that hate goes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 04:22 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,963 posts, read 74,996,842 times
Reputation: 48541
If you are in an isis territory harassment is going to seem minor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 04:29 PM
 
39,941 posts, read 11,178,949 times
Reputation: 5164
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I don't know a single Christian that would feel glad to see a non religious person persecuted.
I could probably give you a short list

Quote:
But do YOU feel glad to know that your actions bear a resemblance to Stalin? Or Mao? After all, Christianity is becoming rather hated in America among your crowd. And we are losing our 1st Amendment rights.
Your paranoid suspicion of anyone who threatens to limit any of the power that you Christians have gotten used to reminds me more of Stalin than atheists, pushing for equal rights with no religious privilege, do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:03 AM
 
939 posts, read 214,702 times
Reputation: 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Your paranoid suspicion of anyone who threatens to limit any of the power that you Christians have gotten used to reminds me more of Stalin than atheists, pushing for equal rights with no religious privilege, do.
Privileged groups always equate the erosion of their privilege with oppression.

Non-fundies: "You don't get to dictate how the rest of us live anymore."

Fundies: "Help! We're being oppressed!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM
 
6,153 posts, read 1,761,101 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why is the USA in that group? Why is the USA in the top countries that harass those that are non-religious?
My guess is because Americans, as a general statement, are weak and easily offended. We have "free speech" zones at universities because they're too fragile to handle being told they're wrong. We have Berkeley students rioting when a conservative is scheduled to speak on campus. Maybe the problem is with the ones offended and not the ones they say are offending.
Quote:
Nobody in "my crowd" hates Christians. Many hate what Christians do, including being anti-gay, against many human rights, anti-abortion, and driven to enforce THEIR beliefs on the rest of the population. Stop being a..... holes and that hate goes away.
It's amazing what happens when we take a stand and say some things are right and wrong. The Bible does not support anyone being mistreated, gay or otherwise. It does not suggest we take away anyone's human rights. I recognize there are "pastors" that say some really really hateful things about gay people. I condemn them when I see them. I despise the garbage I see spewed from guys like Steven Anderson, and the WBC inbreeds. I say as much whenever I see them. They do not represent my opinion, and they do not represent Biblical teaching.

As for "enforcing" our beliefs on the rest of the population? We're Americans, too. We have a right to vote. We get to vote and we have a say in how our government is run. Sometimes people don't appreciate that. I recognize that. And, for the record, there are plenty of people on the religious left that oppose the things that we do. Do you have issue with them? Or are you only upset at Conservatives doing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Western Washington
9,190 posts, read 8,558,704 times
Reputation: 15900
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I don't know a single Christian that would feel glad to see a non religious person persecuted.
Really?

What are your thoughts on institutional prayer in schools? Abortion? Military chaplains? Parsonage exemptions? 501c3 tax reporting requirements? “In God We Trust” mottos? 10 Commandments monuments? Same sex marriage?

Sure, some of these things do not rise all the way to persecution, unless you define persecution the way Jeffbase does. In that case, each of these examples is persecution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
23,316 posts, read 10,673,211 times
Reputation: 20715
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
My guess is because Americans, as a general statement, are weak and easily offended. We have "free speech" zones at universities because they're too fragile to handle being told they're wrong. We have Berkeley students rioting when a conservative is scheduled to speak on campus. Maybe the problem is with the ones offended and not the ones they say are offending.


It's amazing what happens when we take a stand and say some things are right and wrong. The Bible does not support anyone being mistreated, gay or otherwise. It does not suggest we take away anyone's human rights. I recognize there are "pastors" that say some really really hateful things about gay people. I condemn them when I see them. I despise the garbage I see spewed from guys like Steven Anderson, and the WBC inbreeds. I say as much whenever I see them. They do not represent my opinion, and they do not represent Biblical teaching.

As for "enforcing" our beliefs on the rest of the population? We're Americans, too. We have a right to vote. We get to vote and we have a say in how our government is run. Sometimes people don't appreciate that. I recognize that. And, for the record, there are plenty of people on the religious left that oppose the things that we do. Do you have issue with them? Or are you only upset at Conservatives doing it?
What a horrible post.

"Americans, as a general statement, are weak and easily offended. We have "free speech" zones at universities because they're too fragile to handle being told they're wrong....Maybe the problem is with the ones offended and not the ones they say are offending." Oh wait, who was it that said the meek shall inherit the earth? I thought that was your boy.

And yet the bible is often used as a basis for the mistreatment of others. How ironic. Wonder why that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top