Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 06:58 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times

Advertisements

Thank you Mensa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
How about actually talking to me? Instead of arrogantly talking about me to another person? My goodness that's rude.

What questions have I missed of your's? You do realize I have a life, right? That I don't sit for hours and hours and hours 24/7 and wait for people like you to post questions to me?
I have talked to you quite a bit, and talking to another person about you is not rude. I was simply stating facts. We speak about people in the third person all the time. In fact, our language has an entire set of pronouns dedicated to this endeavor.

You are once again trying to change the subject from religious attempts at political domination via the political process to one of civility by making false accusations. You do this frequently rather than simply address the shortcomings of Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Really?

What are your thoughts on institutional prayer in schools? Abortion? Military chaplains? Parsonage exemptions? 501c3 tax reporting requirements? “In God We Trust” mottos? 10 Commandments monuments? Same sex marriage?

Sure, some of these things do not rise all the way to persecution, unless you define persecution the way Jeffbase does. In that case, each of these examples is persecution.
For your convenience, in case Mensa’s pointing out the post numbers was inadequate (I really hope Mensa does not consider it rude that we are talking about him). As we have experienced a bit of thread drift, will provide a bit if context. You had stated that no Christian wants to see non-Christians harassed, although you did use the word persecuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 07:29 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Notice the part in bold? Do you believe that you can lump all Christians into one category and assume us to be the same?

You're arrogantly telling me what I believe. That's rude. And it's also why we simply refuse to engage in conversation with you guys usually. Because you don't actually read what we write, and you put words in our mouths. You treat us like crap. So we simply ignore you because it doesn't matter what we say.
What a load of crafty dishonesty. I am talking about you - to someone else, because you never listen and are impervious to reason. I am talking about you and how you seem to me. I gave you the chance to refute me by saying that you do not want America to be run on a Christian basis. Instead you prefer to try to play the persecuted Christian card. I don't think that all Christians think like you, but I also believe that a great majority do, and if they are not working actively for a Christian -governed America, they will vote for those who are working for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
CHRISTIANS, DO YOU REALIZE..................I am going to be laughing all night.

A political thread because that it exactly what it has come down to.
It had become Political, Hanni. That is what religion does become when it gets the influence.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
How about actually talking to me? Instead of arrogantly talking about me to another person? My goodness that's rude.

What questions have I missed of your's? You do realize I have a life, right? That I don't sit for hours and hours and hours 24/7 and wait for people like you to post questions to me?
Maybe now would be an appropriate time to point out the fact that BF not only ignored the first two postings of these questions, but also the third.

Interestingly, BF has also posted about 10 different responses over 4 different threads in the past two days. I think it a reasonable conclusion that he is dodging the conversation.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Maybe now would be an appropriate time to point out the fact that BF not only ignored the first two postings of these questions, but also the third.

Interestingly, BF has also posted about 10 different responses over 4 different threads in the past two days. I think it a reasonable conclusion that he is dodging the conversation.
He's established a reputation for duckin' n' runnin'.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He's established a reputation for duckin' n' runnin'.
We must not be rude about discussing the facts...

Old 08-26-2019, 03:08 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
We must not be rude about discussing the facts...
I maybe shouldn't keep on about it, but his performance on David and the Shewbread was ..I have to reject a half dozen epithets before i pick one...evasive. He ignored what the text said and did little more than use his own Interpretation as a starting point, ignored everything that refuted it - even if it was in the Bible - and denied everything else.

And that reminds me of a debate between two others in another Forum far, far away in a discussion about John 7.41- on, which is tacitly evidence that Jesus was Not born in Bethlehem (but, scripturally, should have been, which is why Matthew and Luke rectified this Bible shortcoming). His opponent did a BF, picking a vague 'Jesus was straightening them out' and refusing to look at anything else. This fingers-in-the-ears denial is par for the course. BapFun is by no means the only Bible apologist to do this.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I maybe shouldn't keep on about it, but his performance on David and the Shewbread was ..I have to reject a half dozen epithets before i pick one...evasive.
I did not follow that one, but I have seen enough dodging from BF to guess. I find that my interest in this forum vacillates wildly. I either enjoy the banter and debate, or the obfuscation and willful ignorance annoys me and I need to take some time off. The topic you refer to must have been in one of my off phases.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:51 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
I did not follow that one, but I have seen enough dodging from BF to guess. I find that my interest in this forum vacillates wildly. I either enjoy the banter and debate, or the obfuscation and willful ignorance annoys me and I need to take some time off. The topic you refer to must have been in one of my off phases.
I'm surprised to see you still on this. No one is dodging. I spoke plainly. transponder gave a faulty interpretation of the text and I corrected him. That's that. Show something new, or it's over.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised to see you still on this. No one is dodging. I spoke plainly. transponder gave a faulty interpretation of the text and I corrected him. That's that. Show something new, or it's over.
Really? Your answer to dodging is to simply deny you did it? Does the dishonesty in your life ever bother you?

Old 08-26-2019, 08:55 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Really? Your answer to dodging is to simply deny you did it? Does the dishonesty in your life ever bother you?
And your answer to me simply correcting you is to say "nuh uh! is so!"

Get over it. It's done. Move on. Show a real question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality