Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2021, 10:09 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,742,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
i think LearnMe is quite ok with Scientism unlike Harry who has a fit every time it is mentioned. in fact LM quite happily wears that label.
Wrong again! I think your insistence to keep using terms like Scientism (along with all the rest of your antics) is rather disappointing, because it demonstrates just what an agenda like yours brings to discussions like these. Forever forcing attention away from the topic. Forever never actually explaining what I've explained by way of my Ten Truths that you view as false or incorrect.

You are right, however. I could really care less what people like you do when it comes avoiding the truths of these matters with all your angst and heartburn that is EXACTLY what I am referring to in my Ten Truths. The world is full of your kind, and the rest of us try to make whatever progress we can regardless. No doubt more often than not this requires completely ignoring you, but again...

Where would these discussions be without the deniers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
if someone uses and continues to use false dichotomy, and can not see the problem in using false dichotomy ["doesn't matter" "just being picky"], then they do not arrive at "the truth." Because it is false reasoning. A false dichotomy is false reasoning. And false reasoning produces false conclusions.

false in -----> false out
Fair enough, so to you as well...

Please be specific about what I explain by way of my Ten Truths that you feel is not true or correct, and please explain why. This thread is certainly very long on vague criticisms and misrepresentations. Rather short on specifics plainly and objectively addressed for the sake of promoting better understanding one way or another. As to what is true and/or what is not.

Last edited by LearnMe; 12-17-2021 at 10:24 AM..

Old 12-17-2021, 10:28 AM

15,997 posts, read 7,052,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Wrong again! I think your insistence to keep using terms like Scientism (along with all the rest of your antics) is rather disappointing, because it demonstrates just what an agenda like yours brings to discussions like these. Forever forcing attention away from the topic. Forever never actually explaining what I've explained by way of my Ten Truths that you view as false or incorrect.

You are right, however. I could really care less what people like you do when it comes avoiding the truths of these matters with all your angst and heartburn that is EXACTLY what I am referring to in my Ten Truths. The world is full of your kind, and the rest of us try to make whatever progress we can regardless. No doubt more often than not this requires completely ignoring you, but again...

Where would these discussions be without the deniers?
Your kind and my kind. Precious.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Your kind and my kind. Precious.
I wonder why your kind can't address the topic of the thread. Like with specifics and not the absurdities...

I wonder, but not enough to wait for your next absurdity before I sign off now. My kind has better things to do now.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:38 AM

15,997 posts, read 7,052,519 times
Quote:
I wonder why your kind can't address the topic of the thread. Like with specifics and not the absurdities...

I wonder, but not enough to wait for your next absurdity before I sign off now. My kind has better things to do now.
The very fact that you see two kinds is proof that there are no universal truth. There is no truth in your 0 Truths. that is the only truth. they are just your beliefs. your beliefs are simply your beliefs based on your faulty narrow perspective. this is what everyone is telling you. you are disability is you are unable to understand it and keep asking people to tell you again.
this seem like some game to see how many posts you can accumulate into this thread of yours

Old 12-17-2021, 03:58 PM

22,264 posts, read 19,259,001 times
Quote:
Fair enough, so to you as well...

Please be specific about what I explain by way of my Ten Truths that you feel is not true or correct, and please explain why. This thread is certainly very long on vague criticisms and misrepresentations. Rather short on specifics plainly and objectively addressed for the sake of promoting better understanding one way or another. As to what is true and/or what is not.
i already do that. i have done that. and i continue to do that.
everything i have pointed out is always in direct response to a specific post of yours, and within that specific post of yours, a specific line which is quoted directly, and shown in bold. Your exact post is shown in the shaded quote box. the specific lines quoted are shown in bold.

every time. the most recent rash of them have been on false dichotomy. so search for "false dichotomy" by user me and i assure you a plethora will be shown on your screen. The Search feature of CD is great.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:20 PM

50,884 posts, read 24,384,032 times
Quote:
everything i have pointed out is always in direct response to a specific post of yours, and within that specific post of yours, a specific line which is quoted directly, and shown in bold. Your exact post is shown in the shaded quote box. the specific lines quoted are shown in bold.

every time. the most recent rash of them have been on false dichotomy. so search for "false dichotomy" by user me and i assure you a plethora will be shown on your screen. The Search feature of CD is great.
No, you often don't explain. When you don't like a question you simply ignore it and move on.

Old 12-18-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:

I can certainly relate to what you explain or describe here, and it is true you do respond to my comments, but I was referring to anything I wrote in my Ten Truths. The topic of this thread. I suppose you might have done something along those lines before, but I don't remember and the Ten Truths thread is rather long at this point to quickly find whatever you might have commented before. Specifically about what I explain by way of my Ten Truths.

Either way and as always, it always seems to me the majority of the comments in this thread by a select few express vague forms of heartburn of one kind or another. Much less in the way of specific address of anything I wrote verbatim in my Ten Truths. On the other hand, there are obviously some very nicely detailed comments about those sorts of specifics as well. Most if not all I have addressed as best I can as well.

If interested, pick your primary source of criticism and let me know what it is. Specifically. What I wrote, verbatim, that you take issue with. Maybe we can go from there.

That or perhaps someone new will come along with something new to add here. That'd be fine too...

Old 12-18-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, you often don't explain. When you don't like a question you simply ignore it and move on.
Also true, and why I'm resolved to pay less attention to those kinds of people. Thanks!

Old 12-18-2021, 01:12 PM

7,597 posts, read 4,169,358 times
Quote:
TEN TRUTHS

ONE: There are essentially two realities for all human beings. One reality is as we perceive it to be, our personal reality. The second reality is all that truly exists in the universe, the same for all of us. Our universal truth.
So here I am.

Here is my question so I can understand this concept better.

If according to my perception Jack was rude, and Jack is convinced he wasn't rude, would universal truth have a say in the matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality