Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2021, 10:01 AM

51,074 posts, read 24,578,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I suppose I rather prefer my list of ten to "spill out into the world of others," though I am not fool enough to think sharing them here is of any consequence. Preferred because I invite the exchange of opinion with respect to their truth and/or with regard to whether doing so is for the better or worse.

Note my prior comment about "spilling out into the world" was to express concern about all notions that spill out to others that are based on wrong-thinking and/or lead to false conclusion. Not that there is any problem with spilling good out into the world. Interesting that you again quote or edit only the parts of these comments that don't really capture the full meaning of these comments.

What I wrote verbatim again is this; "The issue for all concerned when wrong-thinking and false conclusion leaves the privacy of one's own home and spills out into the world of others."

I don't put my Ten Truths in this category. Quite the contrary in fact, as explained by my Ten Truths. Explained as best I could manage when I wrote them many decades ago. I appreciate the question BTW and this chance to explain yet again...
I like that you are fine with it 'spilling out', rather than trying to force it on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 07:21 PM

22,670 posts, read 19,361,276 times
Quote:
I suppose I rather prefer my list of ten to "spill out into the world of others," though I am not fool enough to think sharing them here is of any consequence. Preferred because I invite the exchange of opinion with respect to their truth and/or with regard to whether doing so is for the better or worse. Note my prior comment about "spilling out into the world" was to express concern about all notions that spill out to others that are based on wrong-thinking and/or lead to false conclusion. Not that there is any problem with spilling good out into the world. Interesting that you again quote or edit only the parts of these comments that don't really capture the full meaning of these comments. What I wrote verbatim again is this; "The issue for all concerned when wrong-thinking and false conclusion leaves the privacy of one's own home and spills out into the world of others."

I don't put my Ten Truths in this category. Quite the contrary in fact, as explained by my Ten Truths. Explained as best I could manage when I wrote them many decades ago. I appreciate the question BTW and this chance to explain yet again...
however many people do put the ten items in that category.
many people do consider the ten items to be "false conclusion" and "wrong-thinking," as evidenced by the many posts written in multiple threads expressing just that, over the course of about two years since the ten items were posted on CD.

Old 12-23-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
many people do consider the ten items to be "false conclusion" and "wrong-thinking," as evidenced by the many posts written in multiple threads expressing just that, over the course of about two years since the ten items were posted on CD.
How about instead of you pick, pick, picking at him, you develop a well-thought-out thesis for your beliefs and let us have a whack at them.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:17 PM

16,156 posts, read 7,131,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
My fellow brethren, pay no attention, there are only 9 truths.
Were the original 9 true? Universally true?

Old 12-24-2021, 09:25 AM

29,566 posts, read 9,797,526 times
Quote:
Whenever you would like to comment something we don't all know about my Ten Truths, I'm "all ears." I notice specifics are also not possible for you, but you continue to seem interested. That's better than nothing!

Old 12-24-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Were the original 9 true? Universally true?
Depends on who you ask, but again for those who don't know...

I added the tenth truth a good while after I wrote the first nine. I added the tenth one as a result of introducing my first nine truths in this forum. As a result of the overwhelming "popular demand" my nine truths seemed to inspire in more than just a few people. This too is the truth and nothing but the truth.

Old 12-24-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
How about instead of you pick, pick, picking at him, you develop a well-thought-out thesis for your beliefs and let us have a whack at them.
Thanks but it's okay...

I'm always all for whatever anyone wants to share in this forum in the way of their opinion. Even if in many cases the best thing to do is ignore the petty nonsense, sometimes it gives me opportunity to clear up questions and confusion that I enjoy clearing up. Even though with some it's a lost cause, I'm okay doing the best to make myself understood regardless. There are always the others after all. The three or four others...

Old 12-24-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
as you are wont to point out to readers "this isn't a praise forum"
You point that out frequently, to the tune of 66 hits on the search
"Showing results 1 to 30 of 66. Search took 0.07 seconds."

Shown here are some just from the last few months:

Quote:
Again, this is not a praise forum. It's a forum to discuss things related to religion, both pro and con.
Quote:
This is not a praise forum. It is a forum about religion -- pros and cons, positive and negative, both sides of the topic.
Quote:
But I have to preface my comment with my understanding that no part of this "religion & spirituality" forum is a 'praise forum'
Quote:
However, when you come to a PUBLIC forum, if you don't expect some frank exchange about religion, then you're in the wrong place. This is not a praise forum.
Quote:
Essentially, what you're suggesting is a praise forum. There are plenty of those on the internet. That's not what this is.
Quote:
These are categories of topics to discuss, ask questions, state pros and cons. Once again, you seem to be one of the posters that thinks this is a praise forum. It's not.
Quote:
As I have pointed out a number of times, this is not a praise forum. It's a place to discuss pros and cons.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-24-2021 at 10:33 AM..

Old 12-24-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Thanks but it's okay...

I'm always all for whatever anyone wants to share in this forum in the way of their opinion. Even if in many cases the best thing to do is ignore the petty nonsense, sometimes it gives me opportunity to clear up questions and confusion that I enjoy clearing up.
bold above, indeed. with regards to the list of ten items.
same too for bold below.

Quote:
Even though with some it's a lost cause, I'm okay doing the best to make myself understood regardless. There are always the others after all. The three or four others...

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-24-2021 at 10:40 AM..

Old 12-24-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
as you are wont to point out to readers "this isn't a praise forum"
You point that out frequently, to the tune of 66 hits on the search
"Showing results 1 to 30 of 66. Search took 0.07 seconds."

Shown here are some just from the last few months:
Which, of course, has nothing to do with my post.

Do you have some well thought out thesis of your own? The answer is either yes or no. If it's yes, why not put it in writing and share it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality