Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2023, 12:05 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,921,471 times

Advertisements

Listen for her, ptsum.
She is not far.
You will hear her in your heart.
I hope comfort comes to you, soon.
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2023, 12:34 PM

19,979 posts, read 13,466,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
about three months ago I lost my life partner and I must say that things are very different around here, is too quiet and I miss the sound of her voice. isn't it interesting how you get use to hearing certain things and take them for granted and how you miss them greatly when they are no longer there. It changes the whole dynamics of your life. Throughout our daily lives we can use to certain sounds and voices and when they are no longer there and upsets the balance and then we wonder what is to become of ourselves without the comfort of the sounds. Over the past couple of months I have become to accept the fact that I will no longer hear those comforting sounds again and it is hard to accept but the fact is I must and so I will carry on with her memory forever in my heart, my soul, and my being. I will take the time to mourn and continue to live in honor the best I can. Osiyo
My deepest condolences for your loss. As you know I have had a couple losses of that magnitude. There are no magic words except that ... I bear witness and I see you and my heart goes out to you.

Old 12-20-2023, 01:44 PM

88,544 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
about three months ago I lost my life partner and I must say that things are very different around here, is too quiet and I miss the sound of her voice. isn't it interesting how you get use to hearing certain things and take them for granted and how you miss them greatly when they are no longer there. It changes the whole dynamics of your life. Throughout our daily lives we can use to certain sounds and voices and when they are no longer there and upsets the balance and then we wonder what is to become of ourselves without the comfort of the sounds. Over the past couple of months I have become to accept the fact that I will no longer hear those comforting sounds again and it is hard to accept but the fact is I must and so I will carry on with her memory forever in my heart, my soul, and my being. I will take the time to mourn and continue to live in honor the best I can. Osiyo
I am sad for your loss, ptsum. I lost my partner in March. We carry something of them with us, but still, the absence of their voice, their smile, their touch, it all leaves a void in us.

Old 12-20-2023, 08:49 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
My heart is with you, brother! There are no words that can make this time of grief better for you. Be well, ~Mystic.

Old 12-21-2023, 06:18 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,336,634 times
The love you have expressed for your beloved is poetry.

Thank you.

Old 12-21-2023, 08:17 PM

3,109 posts, read 1,005,048 times
I'm not sure what I can write here.

I feel like there is so much commotion in the world, everywhere. Too much restlessness. I moved to the countryside 8 months ago and I love it here. It's quiet, simple, Mother Nature is so so soothing. I can feel God/Mother Nature here more easily. God is so simple, everything is so complicated.

I went to the ocean this afternoon. The traffic was insane. It's about an hour away from my house. I'm not used to so much traffic anymore. For months and months I didn't drive in traffic. Not like today. I could feel the vibrations in traffic, then walking around people, too many sounds etc. I got much more sensitive I guess...living in silence, in nature. One gets used to being still. There are vibrations everywhere. I could always feel the negative restless vibrations in the city, in the past. Today I felt even more intense. I'm not surprised that so many people are sick. It's not quite healthy to live in a big city, I feel.

I went to the ocean today to visit a garden, an ashram. I like that place, it's just wonderful to spend time there and meditate in the garden. It's my favorite place in the whole world, that garden.

Old 12-22-2023, 08:32 AM

29,543 posts, read 9,707,420 times
Quote:
I see you post infrequently. After reading this comment I checked to see how you might be doing, and I see you haven't posted a comment since you posted this one, and the last time you posted a comment before this one was back in August. Just before the time it seems you lost your life partner...

Such a loss is something I have thought about more frequently ever since my father died. Leaving my mother alone. My parents were "joined at the hip" much the way my wife and I are today. Almost always together. Rarely do we do things without one another. Which gets me to wondering how my wife will do without me, or me without her. Thinking about the inevitable along these lines helps me to take less for granted, but I still take far more for granted than I probably should. Thank you for helping me to refocus along these lines.

I hope you have others in your life who can help you through this time. The holidays no less. Despite the pain, it seems you have a healthy perspective about how to continue going forward. Which does require taking the time to mourn. As much as you need of course and above all to take care of yourself.

All the best Osiyo...

Old 03-24-2024, 01:42 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,585 times
I am humbled and grateful for the response it has been given me from those of you who care, thank you. I realize that we are given a certain amount of time to live this life and we never know how much time that is. I never thought that my wife would go before me and yet she did and to be honest I am grateful that she did because I would not want her to go through any of the sorrow or grieving that I have him gone through without her. I know that I am a much stronger person because of her passing and I know in my heart that she would never be able to handle the same situation without me. She was and is my rock and she always will be a part of me. I have great memories, some good, some not so good but through it all we were very stable with one another and our love for each other will continue forever, this I know in my heart. I have not completed my time of grieving, but that time will soon be coming to an end and when it does I will be back but has a different person with a different outlook in life. Again I thank all of you for your condolences and your patients. Wado.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:08 AM

29,543 posts, read 9,707,420 times
Quote:
I am humbled and grateful for the response it has been given me from those of you who care, thank you. I realize that we are given a certain amount of time to live this life and we never know how much time that is. I never thought that my wife would go before me and yet she did and to be honest I am grateful that she did because I would not want her to go through any of the sorrow or grieving that I have him gone through without her. I know that I am a much stronger person because of her passing and I know in my heart that she would never be able to handle the same situation without me. She was and is my rock and she always will be a part of me. I have great memories, some good, some not so good but through it all we were very stable with one another and our love for each other will continue forever, this I know in my heart. I have not completed my time of grieving, but that time will soon be coming to an end and when it does I will be back but has a different person with a different outlook in life. Again I thank all of you for your condolences and your patients. Wado.
Of course. Take whatever time necessary, and I for one will look forward to hearing back from you again whenever you wish to return. Time has been a good friend to me in the past after difficult times as I hope it will be for you too. One thing about time is it's always there for you until the end.

Old 03-25-2024, 04:53 PM

19,979 posts, read 13,466,622 times
Quote:
Sorrow is something we all experience differently but you are absolutely correct to work fully through it before distracting yourself with too many other involvements. I just returned home after several days visiting my older brother (age 77) whose wife died suddenly last week, and that was my message to him, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality