Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2021, 04:11 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You seem to think this is a relevant criterion to judge the validity or reality of experiences, 303. Can you tell me what experiences you think are NOT generated in the brain by the brain?????
Your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 04:49 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Your posts.
PPPppppphhhhhhllllllbbbbtttt!!!

Old 03-18-2021, 05:21 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,608,117 times
Quote:
But science is investigating what EXISTS. When atheists say there is no evidence of God what does that say about their belief about WHAT science is investigating and discovering evidence ABOUT?
Can’t you meditate and get the evidence for us mystic?

Your god seems to be punking you

Old 03-18-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Can’t you meditate and get the evidence for us mystic?
Your god seems to be punking you
I got the answers. This site is punking me with its rules and biased posters who seem all too willing to be dishonest, deceptive, and pretend to be obtuse to the truth.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:49 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,608,117 times
Quote:
I got the answers. This site is punking me with its rules and biased posters who seem all too willing to be dishonest, deceptive, and pretend to be obtuse to the truth.
You’re a smart guy, aren’t you mystic?

You can’t rewrite you “thing” worthy of discussion in the science section?

You seem afraid to do so

Old 03-18-2021, 05:59 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not what my post was about.

I know...you just need a win.
its not about winning phet. I think you are more worried about losing then we are winning. That why you have to avoid some logic.

Its about the claim that we are on spacetime exchanging information via QED. The universe is quantum computing you. Its a reasonable belief. Reasonable enough to questions why you guys have to attack it like a pack of dogs.

Oh wait ... I know ...

"Sortagod cannot be allowed to pass through inattention or being worn down with constant nagging, because it hands theism the logical default for free. Without their having to produce anything but fallacious arguments."

Truth has nothing to do with getting even with those that told you that phet was, whatever they told you. Phet, they were wrong and they were jerks, get over it.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:19 PM

11,037 posts, read 5,995,283 times
Quote:
You seem to think this is a relevant criterion to judge the validity or reality of experiences, 303. Can you tell me what experiences you think are NOT generated in the brain by the brain?????
Yes I do think it a relevant criterion. What I was saying was that I think the NDE does not exist outside the experiencer's brain, i.e. it is not real any more than dream is real. A dream is real but only to the dreamer and exists only in his or her brain.

I should point out that I made that statement to illustrate the meaning and context of my use of the word 'believe' with respect to faith.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
You’re a smart guy, aren’t you mystic?
You can’t rewrite your “thing” worthy of discussion in the science section?
You seem afraid to do so
What on earth would I have to be afraid of at my age, Sam???? I have no interest in posting in the science forum. I know the science and scientists. There would be no point to it. The audience I am most interested in reaching is here in the R&S Forum. What about that is hard to understand????

Old 03-19-2021, 05:07 AM

16,684 posts, read 15,693,414 times
Quote:
But science is investigating what EXISTS. When atheists say there is no evidence of God what does that say about their belief about WHAT science is investigating and discovering evidence ABOUT?
KNOCK IT OFF! Science is NOT investigating what exists. Everybody knows what exists (except maybe you). Quit derailing every thread you find with stuff about God being everything that exists but nobody knows what reality is. Take it to the Pantheism thread or we'll put the total ban back in place.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:38 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't know any of these answers and I'm suspicious of people who make knowledge positive claims.

I highly doubt there is a sentient creator. I mostly doubt anything survives death as I tend toward being a materialist.

Probably the thing I'm most certain of is it doesn't matter what I think. If there is a sentient creator I dont think my views on it matters to that creator. If there is some form of us that goes on then I shall go on. So its not really important to me to be right because nothing is riding on that.
I think a lot of atheists and irreligious theists could relate to that. But, since I have noted a bit of crimson surveillance about lately, i would point out the topic of faith implying no 'spiritual experience', rather than trying to argue the validity of the God -claim, which is where all threads seem to end up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality