Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 11:47 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,727,224 times

Advertisements

And here's why I logically or at the very least rationally why I don't think everyone gets reincarnated

Using the already given evidence out there, about only 7% of reincarnated people can remember their lives

See I believe living not only productively, the opposite of living wastefully, is guaranteed reincarnation, so is again living good impacts onto the world such as maybe starting a charity or maybe inventing a cure for cancer?

Is kinda like how in school, just because you behaved very well doesn't mean you get promoted to being a top notch student, you have to have perfect attendance, your fair share of extra curricular activities, varsity, do some communitarian deeds if possible, etc

I believe reincarnation works possibly the same way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 07:37 AM

19,106 posts, read 27,702,597 times
Well, to each will be given according to his beliefs.

BTW, what you preaching is Jainism.

Old 08-26-2022, 08:14 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,595,634 times
Luciano — what a great inquiry you are on!
The fact you stated you “feel” God is perhaps guiding you — trust in THAT simple humble feeling as your guide.

We tend to make our spiritual journeys way too complicated…
My personal experience and belief is that organized religions can act as powerful training wheels that expose us to many perennial spiritual TRUTHS that awaken our spiritual hunger and longing and can open the door/portal to a relationship with God/higher power or whatever word works for you. So go with the path that you feel the most guided by and that feeds/nurtures your hunger and longing.

Happy journey!!

Old 08-27-2022, 06:53 AM

16,077 posts, read 7,089,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Luciano — what a great inquiry you are on!
The fact you stated you “feel” God is perhaps guiding you — trust in THAT simple humble feeling as your guide.

We tend to make our spiritual journeys way too complicated…
My personal experience and belief is that organized religions can act as powerful training wheels that expose us to many perennial spiritual TRUTHS that awaken our spiritual hunger and longing and can open the door/portal to a relationship with God/higher power or whatever word works for you. So go with the path that you feel the most guided by and that feeds/nurtures your hunger and longing.

Happy journey!!
Great post. Thank you, mountainrose.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:08 AM

6,984 posts, read 6,907,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
CURIOUS.
You are CURIOUS.
It goes like this: curious>seeker>adept>disciple>devotee.

When you will step on the path of active search, that is when you will become a seeker.
If your path is right and your effort is true, your Master will find YOU.
If you accept your Master, or Guru, you will become an adept with possibility to become a disciple.

Which religion? None. Religions are religions.

FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND SEEK THE TRUTH.

Knock, and doors will open.
I agree that we need to be curious to fuel our spiritual growth.
However, does it depend of who or what is your 'Master' ? Does your Master have to be an external someone?
I suspect our Master might be internal guidance or is this what you are suggesting?

Old 08-27-2022, 08:40 AM

16,077 posts, read 7,089,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I agree that we need to be curious to fuel our spiritual growth.
However, does it depend of who or what is your 'Master' ? Does your Master have to be an external someone?
I suspect our Master might be internal guidance or is this what you are suggesting?
That is one way and a valid one to look at it. Still one needs a source to satisfy that curiosity, thereby add to our knowledge, and clarify doubts that will invariably rise, and support our growth. It can be books, not a body. But somebody wrote that book. Some books will speak to and others you may reject.
The books that speak to you is how the guru arrives. The guru lives in those words and the meaning that it imparts to you.

Old 08-27-2022, 01:34 PM

88 posts, read 33,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Religiously curious? Faith-seeker? Agnostic theist?

So far some of my spiritual/religious beliefs in include

-I firmly believe in reincarnation, but I do not think everyone gets that chance of being reincarnated, at least not right away and that some sort of judgment day could happen, like if you were very well exceptionally-behaved in your previous life, that alone will determine the fate of your destiny for your next life

-I believe our souls experience disconnect from the physical world here and there(examples could include sleep paralysis, seizures, sleepwalking, derealizations, hallucinations, I feel like these are spiritual experiences and not meant to be physical ones)

-I do still believe in heaven, but I don't really believe in hell

I do believe in the cycle of Karma instead

-I also believe life is a cycle of suffering and reward, left and right

I taken typology quizes, so far I gotten 2 Hinduism, 1 Christianity and 1 Buddhism

I definitely learned a lot more than usual about my spiritual/religious beliefs during this 6-month burnout perioid of mine

I will say all this spiritual and religious conductive examination on myself has reduced my loneliness, depression, fear of death(50/50), anxiety/stress and upped my self confidence more than ever, I feel that God is perhaps guiding me thru all of this
I too have an idiosyncratic belief system that is entirely personal.

In fact, I have almost completed a book about my journey.

I don't feel compelled to attach a label to it, or to my beliefs.

"Seeker" would probably be the closest.

All we can do is engage in a diligent quest and see where it leads us.

All we can do is believe what we're capable of believing.

Too many people (most?) allow others to tell them what they should believe.

They have pretend beliefs, not genuine deeply held beliefs.

Old 08-27-2022, 09:28 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,921,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
I

I completely relate to this! I'm not at the point where I believe in a higher power, but i'm open to it. I've had experiences that have left me more open to it than in the past. I'll continue the journey but i'll be with my own experiences, thoughts and feelings. Whatever shapes them I welcome, but I don't want it to be a passive experience.

Old 08-29-2022, 06:54 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,277,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
I too have an idiosyncratic belief system that is entirely personal.

In fact, I have almost completed a book about my journey.

I don't feel compelled to attach a label to it, or to my beliefs.

"Seeker" would probably be the closest.

All we can do is engage in a diligent quest and see where it leads us.

All we can do is believe what we're capable of believing.

You can have all the pretense you want - but you have no idea what beliefs other hold dear and deeply. You seem to be projecting.

Old 08-30-2022, 01:13 PM

88 posts, read 33,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
You can have all the pretense you want - but you have no idea what beliefs other hold dear and deeply. You seem to be projecting.
Oh, the irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality