Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2022, 11:46 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,732,781 times

Advertisements

Here's how I will simplify my relationship with religion thus far

Morally: Christianity would define me perfectly

Philosophically: A mixture of Christian+Eastern Philosophy such as from hinduism and buddhism

Spiritually: Christian all the way, I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit, but I also do believe I am an old soul and I do believe in also the power of detachment, so an admixture of Christian and Buddhist attributes

Culturally: Undecided for now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2022, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 154 times
After being raised in Catholicism and beginning my own path of understanding myself and what feels right. I will say one thing I am content with saying is that I am “spiritual”. Struggling for so long as to the concept of Catholicism and ideas of who is deserving to be saved based on minor things that shouldn’t matter. Believing in a higher power with out a label is PERFECTLY OK! At the end of the day I don’t go in front of anyone to pray, just my comfort zones. If the concept you have is what feels right in your life for what you believe in as long as you are not harming others, embrace your impartiality! Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality