Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 02:03 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,951,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
That'd be pure insanity, and a rejection of most of what America is founded on.

No f@*&^# thanks.
Do you have anything specific you'd like to offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 02:15 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Do you have anything specific you'd like to offer?
It's not worth my time to elaborate on. I couldn't possibly sum it up in the minute I might be able to devote to it, just like this. Try not to be so innocent and blind though.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:18 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
US Constitution is scrapped. As for what replaces it, well that's what I want to find out from you!
But you are talking about a Catholic monarch for the USA not including Canada and Mexico I believe.

Well the most obvious changes would be no abortions, no birth control and no SSM.

But for the most part the rights of non Catholics would be at the whim of the Monarch. So home in your country is freedom of speech and religion, the Supreme Court and arts and culture would also be under the whims of that Monarch.
Or of course you could get a Catholic Monarch who thought more like our devout Catholic PM when he supported SSM and stated that human rights are more important than religious rights in 2005 and you will be the one disappointed.

I do remember the concern Protestants had about electing a Catholic President in,1960 so maybe your no revolution is also unlikely

And then you never have reasons you might want a Catholic Monarch and a new Constitution on your country. But please leave out Canada and Mexico is your thought experiment.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:41 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,866,983 times
Catholic kings have generally not been a good thing for the Jews living under their rule.
I'd probably be able to convince my wife to make aliyah.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:55 PM

19,054 posts, read 27,620,833 times
Personally, from what exist so far, I am proponent of monarchy. Absolute monarchy to that.
But. Not catholic or any other religious one, as that always ends in slaughterhouse.
Enlightened monarchy. When enlightened monarch rules self governing constituents.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Catholic kings have generally not been a good thing for the Jews living under their rule.
I'd probably be able to convince my wife to make aliyah.
What do you anticipate this American Catholic monarch would do that would impact your way of life?

Old 07-01-2022, 03:06 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,866,983 times
Quote:
What do you anticipate this American Catholic monarch would do that would impact your way of life?
Really? You've never heard of pogroms, forced exiles, the confiscation of Jewish property and wealth?

Hell, maybe your king could decide to raise a Crusade to "reclaim" Dearborn, MI from the Muslims and they could rape, pillage, and slaughter all the Jewish and Muslim communities along the way. Catholic kings have historically enjoyed doing things like that.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:07 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
A Catholic bmonarch in the past have Jews a choice of leave convert it die. I think having to make that kind of choice would make a big impact on a person's life. That was in Spain and in France the king had Protestants killed.

Not saying that is what will happen but cannot day it won't. There are reasons we do not have absolute Monarchs much anymore.

What do you expect to gain by others taking that risk? It is your thought experiment so what are your thoughts on why it might be a good thing to have a Catholic monarch and new Constitution?

Old 07-01-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
It is your thought experiment so what are your thoughts on why it might be a good thing to have a Catholic monarch and new Constitution?
Thanks for sharing what you have so far. I'm not interested in sharing my thoughts in this thread, I just want to hear specifically why people are averse to the idea.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Really? You've never heard of pogroms, forced exiles, the confiscation of Jewish property and wealth?

Hell, maybe your king could decide to raise a Crusade to "reclaim" Dearborn, MI from the Muslims and they could rape, pillage, and slaughter all the Jewish and Muslim communities along the way. Catholic kings have historically enjoyed doing things like that.
So you would anticipate these things happening to Jews (pogroms, exiles, property confiscation, crusades)?

Thank you for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality