Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:42 PM

229 posts, read 1,180,639 times

Advertisements

..the same god?

I've always thought they have, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 02:48 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Yes, the only difference is that of the 3 only the Christians believe that their prophet also is God.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:57 PM

229 posts, read 1,180,639 times
Another question..

If you do believe they are the same god, and you are a believer of one of the religions, why dont use describe yourself as those religions as well?

Old 06-29-2008, 03:02 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by newyorkdoc
Quote:
If you do believe they are the same god, and you are a believer of one of the religions, why dont use describe yourself as those religions as well?
Because I'm not a fan of organised religion.
Too much infighting, because the different denominations all fish in the same pond.
And simply because I hate dogmas.
I also happen to luv my individual autonomy, which always is greater solo than when you're part of a group.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:29 PM

599 posts, read 1,261,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkdoc View Post
..the same god?

I've always thought they have, do you?
No, they are not the same God. Jews and Christians worship the same God, but the Jewish people do not recognize Jesus as the son of God. The muslim god is not the same God that Christians worship. If you do a quick google search you'll see that what Christians believe about God is very different from what muslims believe about Allah.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:39 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
No, they are not the same God. Jews and Christians worship the same God, but the Jewish people do not recognize Jesus as the son of God. The muslim god is not the same God that Christians worship. If you do a quick google search you'll see that what Christians believe about God is very different from what muslims believe about Allah.

I agree with you! The muslim God is NOT the Christian/Jewish God. The Christians believe that Jesus is the messiah. NOT just a prophet. This is very important because Christianity is all about JESUS and his life, death and resurrection and how he is the Way to Heaven.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:55 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,386 times
muslims believes that they worship the same God of jesus and mosas and abraham (peace be upon them all)

i don't know why christians always insist that we don't worship the same God , are they have any clues ?
because i will like to argue about that

the trinity in christianity is God the father and the son and the holy spirit
muslims worship God the father only , but christians insist that all of them one God
so , if we (muslims) believe in one of them , it mean that we worship the same God

Old 06-30-2008, 07:59 AM

58 posts, read 205,447 times
Christianity Explained:

YouTube - Christianity explained for Muslims

Old 06-30-2008, 08:35 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich View Post
thank you , i appreciate that

well , why you consider jews as a worshippers for the same God ?
jews as muslims dosn't believe in trinity

Old 06-30-2008, 09:04 AM

58 posts, read 205,447 times
That does not change God - we believe in the one God and we believe that Jesus Christ is the messiah promised in the Old Testament who showed us the way to God and we believe that the Holy Spirit is a Force sent by God to guide us every day.

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."

Like the video says: Muslims believe that God wrote a book (the Qu'ran). According to Christian believe, God turned his message of love into flesh and blood - into a human being named Jesus from Nazareth. Jesus is the message, He is the way - and only by following him we find God.

Last edited by Munich; 06-30-2008 at 09:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality