Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:43 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
gods are imaginary, energy is real, can be quantified, measured, used, stored, etc. gods, not so much.

But what I see in this post is yet again an anti-science, anti-reality play on words to somehow prove the unprovable, the existence of the non-existent.

Your postulate fails..........
Hmmm...I didn't see it like that. I thought she was trying to get the bible god believers to look in a different direction to see a different conception of what god is and I don't think she was equating the energy god to the bible god in any way. Am I wrong....did I miss something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 11:52 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,524,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Hmmm...I didn't see it like that. I thought she was trying to get the bible god believers to look in a different direction to see a different conception of what god is and I don't think she was equating the energy god to the bible god in any way. Am I wrong....did I miss something?
Really sounds like there is an attempt to 'equate' energy to god, plus there is the thread title itself, note the "=" marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
There are many laws of nature, laws of physics to explain everything about energy, light and how it works.
I too can call it God and righteously so, because in this case God is a Creator, an Energy.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:54 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Really sounds like there is an attempt to 'equate' energy to god, plus there is the thread title itself, note the "=" marks?
Both the thread title and OP's post are in question format, though. One of the reasons I shy away from the word "God" is the fear that people thinking I'm equating energy with the Abrahamic God. But that doesn't mean that people who do choose to use the word "God" don't make the distinction.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:17 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,126,340 times
Let us put away our translations of languages and difficult meanings for a moment and talk some English....

Lots of good thoughts to ponder but not to argue but think what if?

What if the whisdom of some proclaimed us humans to believe that we have an all knowing, all understanding and all trusting high level of energy known to myself as "the all I have been taught and believe to be true"?

Books we study were written by humans and we trust, by faith, the books are true but as humans we may not be able to logically comprehend. Lots of words can come into play here such as inspiration, beliefs, or even parental teachings. I do not really believe there is just one type of religion that is true or one that will sort of lead you into the heavens.

I am a Vietnam Combat Wounded Veteran. My mom didn't want me to go into combat and carry a weapon but I believed otherwise. I thought it is my duty to a civilization and my peers to serve and protect so I went got myself wounded a few times. I could have played it safe and become a medic but I didn't and became an Army Airborne Ranger in Vietnam.... I was so proud of most of my service time except when I was forced to rid of others in combat or get removed myself..... I removed some and it is still with me till I become a dot of energy.....

I guess some people would say I was in the wrong field of duty or why didn't you escape to Canada or who knows of any other excuses. I still say I was very strong and I wanted to protect the USA from other harmful events.... I had to submit to my calling.... Would I be worthy of heaven? I believe I am just as worthy as someone who is good as one can achieve in life..... Opportunities exist for me as everyone else until one day week month or year. I believe the time will soon be the time of reckoning....

God Bless our Veterans and Troops.
Steve
K/75 Rangers

Last edited by Synergy1; 09-21-2010 at 01:52 PM..

Old 09-21-2010, 01:38 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
Let us put away our translations of languages and difficult meanings for a moment and talk some English....

Lots of good sessions of pondering here but think what if?

What if the whisdom of some proclaimed us humans to believe that we have an all knowing, all understanding and all trusting high level of energy known to myself as "the all I have been taught and believe to be true"?

Books we study were written by humans and we trust, by faith, the books are true but as humans we may not be able to logically comprehend. Lots of words can come into play here such as inspiration, beliefs, or even parental teachings. I do not really believe there is just one type of religion that is true or one that will sort of lead you into the heavens.

I am a Vietnam Combat Wounded Veteran. My mom didn't want me to go into combat and carry a weapon but I believed otherwise. I thought it is my duty to a civilization and my peers to serve and protect so I went got myself wounded a few times. I could have played it safe and become a medic but I didn't and became an Army Airborne Ranger in Vietnam.... I was so proud of most of my service time except when I was forced to rid of others in combat or get removed myself..... I removed some and it is still with me till I become a dot of energy.....

I guess some people would say I was in the wrong branch of duty or whyidn't you escape to Canada or who knows of any other excuse. I still say I was very strong and I wanted to protect the USA from other harmful events.... I had to submit to my calling.... Would I be worthy of heaven? I believe I am just as worthy as someone who is good as one can achieve in life..... Opportunities exist for me as everyone else until what I velieve will soon be the day of r[SIZE=3]eckoning.... [/SIZE]

God Bless our Veterans and Troops.
Steve
K/75 Rangers
I agree with you Steve.....I believe there is a SOURCE OF ALL THERE IS but exactly what that source is.....none of us really knows.....we just speculate.....and all the speculating in the world won't bring us any closer to ACTUALLY KNOWING anymore than we know now. Spirituality is a personal thing....and I also believe there are many paths to being spiritual and that no religion has the market on TRUTH....like so many propound. Like you, I try to live my life the most honorable way I know how, showing love to my fellow man, being as kind and as compassionate as I can be to those I encounter in this life. I don't focus, nor do I really think about what will happen after I leave this life....I live for each moment of each day and whatever happens tomorrow happens....I don't spend today worrying about it. So much joy and happiness is missed in the little details and each and every day if one is worrying about something that may never occur.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:18 AM

7 posts, read 6,291 times
EVERYTHING is Energy.

Just see the famous E=mc2:
there is E(nergy), c(speed of Light), and m(ass).

Materia nothing!

Everything is resonate (see the modern quantumphysical theories of Cosmology, Brantheory,
Paralel Universes, etc.). Everything is resonating energy! The flowing water, the rock solid
diamond, or our body, and the Stardust: they are all ENERGY.

So, where is the Materia and the Spirit if everything is Energy?

And now... we can thinking about how this whole story had begun, that "from the nothing have became nothing" (as e.g. Hawking says)...

Old 09-27-2010, 08:51 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,293 times
Anyone who agrees with this post: I suggest you read the Tao Te Ching and look into reiki. You wont regret it.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,505 times
God to me...is not only Energy...for energy with out the capacity to reason is not living.
God is a God of Life...God is a God of truth...God is a God of rules..to formulate cause and effect which brough about life in many forms...and these forms (some) service a higher purpose, and in some form of union they make our reality habitable...by being in union.
SO energy on its own could not muster this condition of unions alone, or should I say on its own...unless it had the capacity to think, memorize, and act on thought processes that would or could come to be...If God did this..."And the Word was with God, and God spoke" "Let there be Light" and there was light!
Now was light before God spoke it?...(energy) or was the Light in God as thought and spoken outwardly by Christ to expell the light that was in him/her/it...so it would shine in the universe and Give a possiblity of Life?...Here God says "LET US MAKE" and the condition is plurilized...so God is more than one entity.

As we read on about God...it says nothing was made without God...and so all things God made, which are listed in the Genesis, are what God brought to life via his thought, but in union with others.
Energy does not create life on its own accord...it has to have reason, logics, and intelligence behind it..and a biological understanding of what life is...

If God is energy alone...then to my mind...although it is possible...energy is not intirely matter..and matter although they do intertwine...the differences have to mutate into the other.

So is God energy or matter or both?....see something is adding itself to the condition of God..
Now God is not only energy..but matter...and truth...and logical progressions, cognitive thought ..etc.
So God is more than Energy...if God makes Gardens, and unions, and believers of that estate which supports all life that he made GOOD, made by God, then God has to understand their functions and their unions and their actions to formulate US!.

Now our function in that estate God made...was mentioned in Genesis...that God wanted helpers of the Garden....sowers, tillers, and reapers...
How far off the mark are we from the word, HUMANKIND Today?
What is HUMANKIND?
Two words put together to form a truth or a lie?...if we take the persective point of GOD and the Genesis instruction out of Genesis 2:15 utilizing 9:3?...are we doing that in order?
Seems something is bent out of scew....and prohibition of plants, and profaning them is now in play, whilst the planet is polluted for Dollars sake.
and very few seem to do any service in that Garden, or in line with the reason God made us to be.

Wonder why?...Jesus says in a nutshell that we have been lead astray by a deciever $atan...and this deciever is a liar...in a nutshell decieving the whole world...and then there are the commandments (RULES OF LIFE) WHich God supposedly Gave Moses...to live by..and honour...and teach all people and all living things that have turned away, they can turn back and be forgiven when they stop sinnning (Being disobediant)...and Jesus also mentions that we are to spread the Gospel to all the living...So it is not only us (humankind)..but it is with them too (all life)...the truth Of God is coming into being...by thought...and thought is part energy of the mind...but it has a living organizum which makes thought possible...

God mentions with Christ...that the penalty for sin (disobediance) is Death. = Judgement.
How far out of order (instructuctions and commandments) do you think "humankind?" can go in the wrong directions (polluting and destroying the planet) before correction is enforced by God?..or our own morality?...which is thought (energy of the mind) over righteousness (logical progressions with truth) and welbeing (LOVE) as HUMANKIND...onto all life...which makes EDENS ...eventually...or it goes to destruction....Which would mean we are opposers to God, and life...and LOVE.

Now energy cannot Judge alone...so God is more than energy...he is a consortium of living entities!..."LET US" < God and them> Make Humans Kind...might be the right rendition of those words...spoken on the winds of time...endlessly reminding us of that estate (Eden like Planet) in which we live...or are bound down to those who made US...have rules/conditions!
The more we break the rules, denie the instructions, and break the laws of God, and those who serve him/her/it the more bound down we are to their punishments!

Think about it..."Those who do the will of the Father, shall enter Paradise" those who don't won't!

It is a self fulfulling paradox!...and all seeds are welcome in God's Garden..even the dandelion is good according to his/her/its own word!

Last edited by Sir Les; 09-27-2010 at 10:37 AM..

Old 09-27-2010, 11:26 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,505 times
Also the Idea of the fractal..and the vibration of colour, and communication of certain living entities should be rendard into the formula and equation that plants posses....as it is like this in scripture..
God is eternal.
God cannot die..because if we kill all the plants...then the planet will die.
Is God a Plant?...it is electrical in nature, It holds a fractal, it vibrates colour and communicates through electrical impulses through the ground, water, mycelliums, and even insects...

So in part, we have a partner of the Dome of Ozone..which God made...in the begining...with EDEN.

It also says we are no longer in EDEN..but have been cast out because of disobediance...

And the way out...is the way in...but it has a one way door...
Jesus says , "Do no more sin, and be forgiven" this is the key to the kingdom of God.

Nature is part of that kingdom...if we conquer (understanding) then we can fulfill, order, and errect in likeness that estate..."ON Earth (Not EDEN) as it is in Heaven (IN EDEN)" which makes the kingdom expand...Multiply the Givens...into the universe in Peace, health, and happiness...
Would this not be GODLY?

I wonder sometimes what God is...But I can surely say this...If God is Human...and I have my doubts....then he/she is surely ashamed.

Maybe one day...we might think like God...and make a new world and save all life..and turn from the idea of false profits and gains in nothing important...for what more important thing is there other than LIFE which God gives freely with all the things he made Good..given freely to all....when is that going to be true?

For if we become true to our own function (tend and keep)...would not God become true to those who do what is righteously kind and in care of them, and benefical to all the creation..in making more sinlessly?

Remember the second commandment of God....is it being played out in the opposite form for a reason and a benefit...or is it a pathway to our own demise?

That is The question God asks...Why do we disobey that second commandment and pay for what was given freely to all?

Makes one Go Hmmm...and the ideal has brought forth a multitude of Garbage and toxins, and pollution devices.....all costing more to destroy the planet and paying it, and the taxes to shoulder the woes and wrath too!.....why have Humans accepted this ideal as the only way?

False Profits and Gains under that IDOL with constant warfare,death,sickness, and suffering,...instead of true prophets and GOD in a benefical estate of peace health and happiness .

I wonder why that is?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:40 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,181,738 times
Pleroma: Not everything IS energy. The famous equation shows the relationship between matter and energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality