Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:44 AM

124 posts, read 321,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
One time, when I was changing the oil in my truck, I spilled a few drops on my driveway. Instead of calling the EPA, I took my garden hose and washed it down the sewer.

P.S. - One time I even peeled the label off of my mattress. You know the one? The one that says "It is a violation of Federal Law to remove this label." Well, guess what? It's gone, baby! I am in violation of Federal Law!!!! And I feel great!
No, if it is your mattress you have every right to take off that label.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:27 PM

76 posts, read 203,843 times
You should definitely mind your own business.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:28 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
Blue wrote:
Quote:
Blue plays "scratch off" now and then..
That's how it starts, that's one of the "gateway" gambling addictions. It's all downhill after that. In a couple of years you'll be working with a drug cartel to earn extra money to pay for your gambling addiction.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 PM

777 posts, read 1,441,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
That's how it starts, that's one of the "gateway" gambling addictions. It's all downhill after that. In a couple of years you'll be working with a drug cartel to earn extra money to pay for your gambling addiction.

And then we'll have to send the mattress police!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM

512 posts, read 712,766 times
Um in my state I'm pretty sure online gambling is legal. There are lots of poker websites where you can bet real money. If you are morally opposed to it don't go over there when he is doing it and don't do it yourself. Otherwise I would mind my own business. If it doesn't seem like he is gambling away the family's mortgage payments or anything he is probably just having some fun, and I really think that police have better things to do.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,788 times
Its NOT illegal!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 04:19 PM

512 posts, read 712,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by famof7 View Post
Its NOT illegal!!!!
If it's not illegal then he shouldn't lay his moral hangups on others.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Recently I've discovered that my neighbor gambles illegally online. I feel like I should report this to the authorities, however, my wife feels that it is none of our business.

I'm a Christian and morally opposed to gambling and feel it's a waste of money, however it comes down to personal choice. If you want to fly out to Vegas and throw away your money that is your decision.

However, Online gambling I have a huge issue with. It's 100% illegal. Kids can be exposed to it and I've heard horror stories of people losing everything after their child got online and found an online gaming site. Terrorism and drug criminals also use these sites to launder money.

My biggest issue is the fact that I know that my neighbor is breaking the law and I feel it would be wrong for my not to notify the police.

Should I report this guy or just let it go?
Do you happen to idolize Joe McCarthy? What difference does it make if your neighbor gambles on-line or not? Isn't he entitled to live his life on his own terms, even if you don't happen to agree with them?

And one more question: suppose that neighbor discovered you doing something that he considered wrong. How would you feel if he decided to report you to the authorities?

Old 03-14-2009, 01:08 PM

81 posts, read 475,184 times
As an online poker professional myself, I feel obligated to point out that playing poker, online, is NOT illegal in the US. There are a handful of states that have said it is illegal, but the other 43 states do not have anything on the books against it. And the UIGEA that was passed 2 years ago does NOT make playing poker online illegal.

LOL@ OP. It scares me that people like you are out there....wow.

Lemme guess, OP also feels that he should report his neighbors for sodomy and such that they do in their own bedroom too?

Scary stuff here.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:28 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eapeas View Post
Scary stuff here.
This is nothing; all you did was identify yourself as an online poker professional. Let others here on C-D find out about your ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, political affiliation--you haven't even scratched the surface of scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality