Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 10:22 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Perhaps, but i wonder if the roman authorities would have even allowed him to be buried by his followers to be honest.
I believe they would have, because there were areas of Jewish religious observance that they tolerated in their colonies. Jesus had to be taken down from the cross on a Friday, because Jewish tradition does not permit burials to take place on the Sabbath (which begins at sundown on Friday). In any other case, he would have remained on the cross through the weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 12:57 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I believe they would have, because there were areas of Jewish religious observance that they tolerated in their colonies. Jesus had to be taken down from the cross on a Friday, because Jewish tradition does not permit burials to take place on the Sabbath (which begins at sundown on Friday). In any other case, he would have remained on the cross through the weekend.

Well most likely he was buried but to my understanding of roman culture at the time was criminals were generally buried by the state and not released to their families except under special circumstances. Which is why when the bones of that crucified man appeared in the 60's it was such a big deal. Anyway we don't know how well those rules were even observed at that time in regards to criminals given the fact Pilate was known to do things the jews didn't like.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:41 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
yeah,i beleive its very possible that Jesus went to India to hang out with some real spiritual beings,after all his teachings are very similar,,,''the kingdom of God is inside you and all around you'',,sounds like the Brahman and Paramatma features of God,a truth known bye Vaishnavas for millions of yeas,''reap what you sow'',-Karma,''he who is first in this world will be last last in the next,and he who is last will be first''-sounds like reincarnation to me.''patience,tolerance,commpassion,understanding, care,nobility,honor'' only a few of the charachteristics that Jesus was and encouraged,same with the Hindus!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:22 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
yeah,i beleive its very possible that Jesus went to India to hang out with some real spiritual beings,after all his teachings are very similar,,,''the kingdom of God is inside you and all around you'',,sounds like the Brahman and Paramatma features of God,a truth known bye Vaishnavas for millions of yeas,''reap what you sow'',-Karma,''he who is first in this world will be last last in the next,and he who is last will be first''-sounds like reincarnation to me.''patience,tolerance,commpassion,understanding, care,nobility,honor'' only a few of the charachteristics that Jesus was and encouraged,same with the Hindus!!!!!!!!!
Yes, and that love and compassion are more important than adhering to the form of a religion.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,745 times
Okay if he left His throne in heaven to come to earth and if He created the universe and all that's in it, are you telling me he didn't know about every region and every person and every religion? For crying out loud! He's probably shaking his head at our feeble attempts to "find the real truth" when all he really wants from us is a personal relationship. Maybe he was in Asia maybe not! There IS truth to the catholic church and Constantine trying to create a one world religion, and the Council of Nicea was chosen by the Roman (catholic) Church. They supposedly were lead by the Holy Spirit as to which sacred books were to be most important. Well I've heard a lot of people say a lot of things being "lead" by the Holy Spirit. Some probably were, a lot were not! Man is unreliable. Study every piece of "scripture" you can find and make your own choice. That is the ultimate thing YHWH wants any way. Choose today who you will serve!

Old 06-13-2015, 09:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
...Nicholas Roerich, in an expedition to India and Tibet in the middle 1920's, saw and copied verses from ancient manuscripts that were the same or at least the same in content, as those published by Notovitch. He was also deeply impressed by the oral traditions of that area: "In Srinagar we first encountered the curious legend about Christ's visit to this place. Afterwards we saw how widely spread in India, in Ladak and in Central Asia, was the legend of the visit of Christ to these parts during his long abscence quoted in the Gospel.

Answering the critics who had claimed that Notovitch's story was a fabrication, Roerich writes: "There are always those who love scornfully to deny when something difficult enters their consciousness... But in what possible way could a recent forgery penetrate into the consciousness of the whole East?

Roerich notes: "The local people know nothing of any published book, but they know the legend and with deep reverence they speak of Issa".
I have read these Roerich's expedition notes a few years ago. This is the book called "Heart of Asia".
I remember that Nicholas Roerich wrote in this expedition diary about Jesus' life in India the following - what is a big sensation for the Western world, this is an ordinary knowledge of the East.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:58 PM

779 posts, read 484,151 times
I heard jesus went to a 7eleven in Tuscaloosa to pick up a pack of smokes and a Slurpee prior to time traveling back to get crucified

Old 06-13-2015, 10:07 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
I heard jesus went to a 7eleven in Tuscaloosa to pick up a pack of smokes and a Slurpee prior to time traveling back to get crucified
Dude, your sarcasm sounds blasphemous.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:40 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,789,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
Jesus has better taste than that... He went to the Krispy Kreme for all night doughnuts! That was my favorite road trip destination, ahh college days...

-NoCapo

Old 06-14-2015, 04:41 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
There are many Jesus(a.s.) stories. Probably impossible to find verifiable evidence for any of them. Some if true would disrupt Christianity quite severly such as:

The Tomb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality