Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Yes, Gandhi had sin. Probably not as much as me...but without Christ to cleanse him of it, he's toast.
Not very chrisitian of christ and his clan, is it? They seem to be extremely egotistical OR some of their followers are nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Being in the presence of a Holy, perfect God would be pretty horrible if you were a sinful man.

Yes, Gandhi had sin. Probably not as much as me...but without Christ to cleanse him of it, he's toast.
See what I mean about petty, callous and "human."

Old 01-06-2009, 04:56 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Being in the presence of a Holy, perfect God would be pretty horrible if you were a sinful man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
What deity died and made you god, that you can have the omniscience to tell us that someone is "toast"?

Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Not very chrisitian of christ and his clan, is it? They seem to be extremely egotistical OR some of their followers are nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
See what I mean about petty, callous and "human."
No matter what all of you say, kdbrich is right, because that's what JESUS said. It's not his opinion, he doesn't think he's deity, he's not egotistical, nor petty. He's only repeating what Jesus Himself said.

And Susu...If you're going to actually read the bible, read the rest of chapter 7 instead of taking that quote out of context.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:03 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
No matter what all of you say, kdbrich is right, because that's what JESUS said. It's not his opinion, he doesn't think he's deity, he's not egotistical, nor petty. He's only repeating what Jesus Himself said.

Never mind then - you got me with the (usual) brilliant arguments and logic atheists are simply powerless in defending!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well that Being that you can't see, authored the Bible. And what you could see if you studied it, is that the Bible predicts our future, and a number of it's prophecies have already come to pass. And the reason those prophecies are true, is because the author of the Bible is the real God. And we know this, because only the real God knows the future. And one of the most important actions you will ever take in your life, is to accept the real God as your Lord and Saviour. Because without Jesus Christ, there is no future. And you alone cannot earn your salvation, only Christ has that that authority to do that for you.

Howard Storm was a man who did not believe anything either, yet you might consider his story. Link below.

Howard Storm - near-death experiences
Thanks for the offer but no thanks.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:04 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Thanks for the offer but no thanks.
Well if your not intrested in a Book that speaks the truth, that is the choice you have made. Do you believe a lie will better serve you?

Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Well if your not intrested in a Book that speaks the truth, that is the choice you have made. Do you believe a lie will better serve you?
YOU think it's the truth. YOU. Not me, and not several other people on this forum and throughout the world.

I didn't know that believing in nothing = believing a lie.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:14 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:

That is not true, first of all. Second...if it somehow was true, than I would say that the god who made that decision can burn himself!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
In order to enter heaven, it requires a person to be perfect. Now let me ask you a question, have you lived a perfect life? When you stand before God will you say to Him, "God, I deserve to go to heaven, because I have lived a perfect life". And if you can't say that, why should God allow you into His perfect heaven?

GOD is not Yaldabaoth. GOD cannot be quantified into human forms...it would be like one of your white blood cells trying to understand you as a thinking person for a mortal or a god to try to understand GOD. Hence, I would have nothing to say to GOD, because I could not say anything, and yet, GOD hears us...

Perfection is not necessary to enter the Aeon of GOD, the true reality. "All that is necessary" ( as if it's easy) is to live and learn by living and seeking to understand the teachings of Christ and the prophets to get closer to GOD (gain Gnosis) so that, possibly, upon our death, we will be able to completely brake the cicyle of death and rebirth and join GOD in Heaven/transcendents/Nirvana/what ever you want to call it...

or, I could just die and spend eternity kissing Yaldabaoth's sorry celestial rump for eternity Yahh...that's heaven, worshipping satan for eternity

Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
YOU think it's the truth. YOU. Not me, and not several other people on this forum and throughout the world.

I didn't know that believing in nothing = believing a lie.

Keep in mind that the "book that speaks the truth" was compiled by a bunch of ex-Roman nobleman who wanted to keep the populace down along with a bunch of male chauvinist (I happen to be a male myself) and slave owners for the purpose of having a religion that still enforced a rather barbaric world view.

The "truths" in the Nicene (mainstream) bible include the ramblings of Paul, a man who never actually met Christ, and an "end-of-the-world-prediction" which in actuallity was just a delusional madman with a beef with Nero seeing things.

Want a book of Truth? Easy...

Quote:
Victorian punk's receipe for an INSTANT BOOK THAT SPEAKS TRUTH
Ingredients:

1 New living translation of the Holy Bible

1 copy each of....The Apocryphon of John; The Hypostasis of the Archons; On the Origin of the World; The Apocalypse of Adam; The Paraphrase of Shem, The Discourse on the Eighth and Ninth; The Prayer of Thanksgiving; A Valentinian Exposition; The Three Steles of Seth; The Prayer of the Apostle Paul ;The Gospel of Philip,: The Thunder, Perfect Mind; The Thought of Norea; The Sophia of Jesus Christ; The Exegesis on the Soul; The Book of Thomas the Contender; The Apocryphon of James; The Gospel of Thomas, The Pistis Sophia, Gospel of Judas, The Gospel of Mary

I exacto-knife

1 bottle of Crazy Glue ©

1 fire burning

Step 1:
Go to your bible, Exacto-knife the entire OT except for Psalms, Proverbs, and Genesis

Step 2:
Replace the books following Genesis, using you Crazy Glue © with On the Origins of the World, the Apocalypse of Adam, Hypostasis of the Archons, the Discourse, Eigth and Ninth,The Three Steles of Seth of the, The Paraphrase of Shem, and Thunder the Perfect Mind.

Step 3: Exacto Knife out of the NT
Romans
Philippians
Galatians
Philemon
First Corinthians
Second Corinthians
First Thessalonians
First Timothy
Second Timothy
Titus
Ephesians
Colossians
Second Thessalonians
Revelation

Step 5:
Replace the above books, again, using your Crazy Glue ©, with the remainder of the Gnostic Scriptures, starting with The Gospel of Thomas and the Pistis Sophia.

Step 6: recycle all the rejected books in the proper recycling bin, leaving Revelation.

Step 7: place Revelation in the fire.

Whola!

Now, you have a book of truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality