Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,525 times

Advertisements

So "at least once, but maybe more" is enough to prove to you that Jesus is claiming to be
God...especially when there is a discrepency in the translation?

How many times does God, Jesus, and others say that Jesus is the Son of God? Consider then the evidence in Matthew 20:23 where Jesus said in reply to a request for positions in the heavenly kingdom:
23Jesus said to them, "You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father." (NIV)
Jesus was humbly showing that only God has the authority to make such decisions.

Also in Mark 13:32 Jesus says:
32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Jesus even explained that there were things only the father knew.

Why are you so convinced by 1 controversial translation of a passage when there is ample evidence to prove that Jesus is not equal to God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 08:37 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL SERHANE View Post
Question:

Show me where the Bible says that Jesus said that God Enabdh as Christians believe in?

He never said "I am not God".

Your point?

He did allow people to worship him. He claimed equality with God (and the Jews wanted to stone him for it). He also claimed to be the Messiah, whom Isaiah 9:6 states would be God.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
That is a mistranslation. The Torah states I Be not I am.
If that was a mistranslation, why did the Jews then seek to kill Jesus as soon as he made that statement?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
So "at least once, but maybe more" is enough to prove to you that Jesus is claiming to be
God...especially when there is a discrepency in the translation?

How many times does God, Jesus, and others say that Jesus is the Son of God? Consider then the evidence in Matthew 20:23 where Jesus said in reply to a request for positions in the heavenly kingdom:
23Jesus said to them, "You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father." (NIV)
Jesus was humbly showing that only God has the authority to make such decisions.

Also in Mark 13:32 Jesus says:
32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Jesus even explained that there were things only the father knew.

Why are you so convinced by 1 controversial translation of a passage when there is ample evidence to prove that Jesus is not equal to God?
Before I move on to researching the issue of worship/bowing down, can someone address the scriptures I quoted above? How can Jesus be God and the above scriptures make sense?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:44 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,710 times
All 3 are God--God the father,God the son, God the holy spirit.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Because there are ample other scriptures that back up what I believe.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
All 3 are God--God the father,God the son, God the holy spirit.
Are you answering my question? Sorry, I can't tell if it is directed to me. If so, if Jesus is God why does he refer to God the Father as the authority in these scriptures?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Are you answering my question? Sorry, I can't tell if it is directed to me. If so, if Jesus is God why does he refer to God the Father as the authority in these scriptures?
Because there are some things the father knows that the son does not.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Because there are some things the father knows that the son does not.
If they are all God and all equal, why would the father have control, knowledge, and authority over the Son?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
If they are all God and all equal, why would the father have control, knowledge, and authority over the Son?
Offhand I don't know, but either way I still believe in the Trinity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality