Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
People go look for god in churches. Unless you are asking god to find you a woman then I don't see how it can get you a date. That hour spent in mass could be used to pick up chicks somewhere.
Sure, if all you're after is a quick lay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 02:33 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Sure, if all you're after is a quick lay.
Not me. I prefer that they last awhile.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I'm not religious. I don't exactly think about sprituality, but I do think about other things which are very, very important to me. They might be considered spirituality. I believe that everything effects everyone, so I try to see how things fit together. I spend time trying to see things from everyone's point of view. I think about the universe as a giant clock, where everything fits into place, everything has a destiny. I think about humanity, working together over the millenia, not just to survive, not just some brutal mouth to feed, but finding ways to feed their families, working together to help one another. As the universal clock tics, they grow. We are no better than them, and they no better than us, merely different, strange and mysterious.

I think that, if we learn about our ancestors, we can learn about who we are, which to me, are endless wanderers, never at ease, always searching, over plains with minds begun as blank slates, filled with all that we see.

We are built from the land, and always have been, mind and body. It changes us as we grow. It becomes us.

We are an insane people, our minds speeding and leaping about like tree tree frogs with attention deficit disorder, and our insanity is our greatest gift.

The wise folk change themselves to suit the world. The fools try change the world to suit themselves, and we are wonderful fools, who can do impossible things, like for example, flying to the moon, because of our foolishness.

I love thinking about humanity.

I think about how socio-cultural relationships happen. I watch for patterns in society. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at understanding how others think (hopefully). If not I'd like to become that way. I like talking to others about this, but on a much smaller scale, just anything related to why people do things.

That might be spirituality. I am not sure.
You sound like a writer - inspiring! Thank you.
Yeah - that's spirituality, to me!
I like how you try to see other perspectives - I think that's one of the best ways to love others & ourselves.
I think spirituality & psychology (the study of the soul) are so similar.
And I think spirituality is realizing how everything/everyone is interrelated & especially striving for the higher good through the harmony of intellect & intuition.

That's so true (& funny) about our minds being crazily busy speeding & leaping like tree frogs.
Have you read, "Psycho Cybernetics"? It's been around a while, but I only recently discovered it. If you haven't read it, you might like it.

In your profile you mentioned humanism... is that a social & spiritual step beyond psychology?

Old 06-12-2011, 09:12 PM

"Women find atheists more attractive."

Why?

Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

Why?
Religious women .... You must have heard that the forbidden fruit is always the tastiest, right?

Old 06-14-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Why?
Better debate, I mean conversation?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Better debate, I mean conversation?
That is not necessarily true.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodisNotGreat View Post
But mostly true.

Anyone who believes there is an all-knowing space-ghost with the power to damn our eternal souls is probably a creepy conversation partner.
Has this been your personal experience or is it just what you'd like to think?

Quote:
Atheists live in the here and now, which is where pleasuring women happens.
If atheists can pleasure women in the here and now, that is very good.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodisNotGreat View Post
But mostly true.

Anyone who believes there is an all-knowing space-ghost with the power to damn our eternal souls is probably a creepy conversation partner. Atheists live in the here and now, which is where pleasuring women happens.
Ha Funny - but goes both ways. It's not so much someone being atheist - (that's as much a limited view as many religions)... it's a question of preferring to relate to someone, not some regurgitated beliefs. Many women, (& probably men) tend to value someone who thinks for themselves, rather than someone who blindly embraces a group's belief package.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Women find atheists more attractive
Atheists are "Supers." Smarter, better-looking, superior in every way. They also like to refer to themselves as "Brights."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality