Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:35 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Yawn,, why do Christians feel the need to witness, is this a compulsion with the type of person who becomes a Christian.

NorthSouth, pursuing women of uncertain virtue is a lot more fun that worrying about whether you are going to fry in olive oil for eternity.
I know you are trying to make light of this and be funny, and I always did that too. Can I ask why you turned away from God? Does the scary truth hurt too much? Or have you been wronged by a so-called Christian? To fry in olive oil...you should be so lucky. It's gonna be a lot hotter than that.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:36 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times
Why? I dun got educated. The more you know about the history of mankind on this planet, the less religion makes any sense. It is just man's way of explaining the unexplainable, we have much less unexplainable today, than thousands of years ago.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:45 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Why? I dun got educated. The more you know about the history of mankind on this planet, the less religion makes any sense. It is just man's way of explaining the unexplainable, we have much less unexplainable today, than thousands of years ago.
Speaking of not making any sense, I believe you have run out of anything legitimate to say, so if you're not getting it by now, I'll just have to pray for you. Yes, I said pray. And send you a book. TTFN

Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Speaking of not making any sense, I believe you have run out of anything legitimate to say, so if you're not getting it by now, I'll just have to pray for you. Yes, I said pray. And send you a book. TTFN

You are purveying falsehoods and fairy-tales. How in the world COULD one assemble a rational argument against that which is completely irrational?

The debate on religion has been DONE. There are those that believe, and those that don't believe. I say if it gets you through your day, have at it. Just keep it out of my face, because I'm not interested.

Sounds fair to me.

~T

Old 04-02-2007, 04:33 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times
You wanna believe? Believe, just don't get edumacated. And keep it to your self, no one is interested..

2:00 AM, a woman of uncertain virtue, do I send her home so I will get some sleep before church, or give her another daiquri and dim the lights?

There is the conundrum..

Old 04-02-2007, 04:48 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times
Default hmmmmmm

How can the web site, in the very beginning, tell someone they are going to hell. I thought "god" was going to judge me....not a web site. Who's your "god" that is running this web site...Steve Jobs?!?! Yeah, he's charismatic when he introduced the iPhone. Does that mean I get a chance to talk to "god" if I buy an iPhone. I was judged on a web site. I would like to hear his judgement, personally. Isn't the number 866-968-3665(look on your phone to decipher).

Old 04-02-2007, 04:56 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Wink religion?

GreatBasinguide-
Well, I KNOW you know that there are very educated people who believe.

As far as "sending the young lady home", well, I guess because I'm married and female these type of conundrums just don't interest me. Let's see... is there anything I would like to do that I feel prohibited from because I'm a Christian? Well, ... maybe lying. Sometimes I think it would be really convenient in certain situations to just tell a lie... but I digress.

I don't think that NorthSouth and I either one are so naive to think that we can convince you become a Christian if you are really "dyed in the wool" atheist or even real firmly entrenched in agnosticism, but maybe we ARE going after people who are legitmately seeking.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:37 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
I believe that most people on here, if not all, have made up their minds. Personally, I'm always open to new ideas. I'm willing to read the book with an open mind but I'm very skeptical that there's anything new that I haven't heard and that I haven't made a valid argument against.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
First of all, it's not "my version". It is THE VERSION. I don't need to provide evidence, and it's not blind faith. "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear". Hebrews 11:3. No one throughout time has "seen" God. No one. Representations of God in the Old Testament, and Jesus Christ his Son, as a man, in the New Testament. And just as we all are condemned to die, no one has ever come back to life to attest to what is beyond this life. Jesus is the only one who arose from the dead, but only to prove He was who He said He was. He spent 40 days making sure that there were plenty of witnesses to the fact that He died on the cross and then rose from the dead. No one escapes death. We don't need all the answers, people!!! Deep down you all know that what I am saying is the truth. So what if you are persecuted!! Stand tall for the Lord, because it makes no difference what any one human being thinks of you, only God.
I hope that since I plan on reading your book with an open mind that you will be just as willing to hear my arguments with an open mind. So far, you seem very closed-minded and self righteous, but I could be wrong. To say that you don't need proof, yet you don't need blind faith is quite contradictory. If it's not blind faith, then what concrete evidence have you witnessed that has convinced you to arrive at your beliefs?

Old 04-02-2007, 09:32 PM

620 posts, read 1,747,069 times
I took the quiz. According to the quiz I'm going to hell. One of the questions indicated that I'm going to hell because I said yes to feeling lust for another person (considered adultery). Why would I go to hell for something that biologically hardwired in my genes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality