Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:38 PM

24 posts, read 49,488 times

Advertisements

why hasn't he done it to me yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 02:44 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times
God doesn't punish. It's our own guilt that does the punishing. God is Love and when you love the way God does, you can't do wrong.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:47 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,443 times
Our sin brings trouble on our own heads. You know, what goes around comes around. Thats why God MADE the rules, because breaking them often causes US the pain.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:28 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp?Ro42 View Post

allah says in quran
61 - If God were to punish men for their wrong doing, he would not leave, on the (earth), a single living creature: but he gives them respite for a stated term: when their term expires, they would not be able to delay (the punishment) for a single hour, just as they would not be able to anticipate it (for a single hour).

in another verse he says
42 - Think not that God doth not heed the deeds of those who do wrong. he but giveth them respite against a day when the eyes will fixedly stare in horror,

Last edited by elwill; 05-16-2009 at 02:40 AM..

Old 05-16-2009, 02:53 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,695 times
Quote:

He will. He's patient though...and is giving you time to repent.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:56 PM

6 posts, read 12,636 times
Default someone has been praying for you

Your fortunate to be here hearing the truth and knowing when you have done wrong. otherwise i can only imagine a life in eternity facing yourself and the wrongs, instead of an eternity awash in the goodness you have done.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 PM

24 posts, read 49,488 times
Trust me, if God was as people say, my life wouldn't be as is...

Old 08-18-2009, 08:50 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,695 times
Quote:
He's patient, waiting for you to repent.

Or maybe he's just adding up the tab, and he'll get you someday.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:52 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
allah says in quran
61 - If God were to punish men for their wrong doing, he would not leave, on the (earth), a single living creature: but he gives them respite for a stated term: when their term expires, they would not be able to delay (the punishment) for a single hour, just as they would not be able to anticipate it (for a single hour).

in another verse he says
42 - Think not that God doth not heed the deeds of those who do wrong. he but giveth them respite against a day when the eyes will fixedly stare in horror,
Yet Allah, God, Jehovah whatever you want to call it destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for their deeds. They were what, a openly gay, sex centered, self satisfying society, and God destroyed them for that.

I'd be willing to bet you there are cities out there that are far worse than Sodom or Gomorrah even thought about. Rome was a truly debaucherous society, and it wasn't destroyed by fire and brimstone.

Why does it wait to destroy those cities now?

Personally, I thing "God" has other things to worry about.

Another question this always brings up, since we all sin, does one person get a better house in heaven? I mean, if I lived my life kind of good, but still believed in God, does that mean I get to clean heavens toilets for eternity? I'm still in Heaven, and I'll be happy there for eternity, so how is that fair to someone who did most everything right?

It makes no sense. We all continue being something when we die, but I think God has bigger fish to fry, rather than to judge what we did every day of our lives. We all commit great evil, and to God, a lie is the same is murder, according to all three of the major religions. So if you lie, you're just as bad as a murderer. Can you say you are sorry for every lie you have ever told, I bet you really aren't.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,403,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
He's patient, waiting for you to repent.

Or maybe he's just adding up the tab, and he'll get you someday.

Ah yes. He's adding it all up and will get all us bad people someday. Just the quality I am looking for in a loving woderful father-like god. "Do as I say or burn forever..." What a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality