Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Ok, so you claim to know Jesus and the Bible better than anyone else on earth it seems. You walk a lonely path, but that is what you choose to do.

I find it difficult to logically understand why you seem so adamant that a billion or more Christians have been deceived by what's written in the Holy Bible, but you are not deceived by invisible spirits that apparently communicate with you and tell you that the bible is all wrong.

Such is life I guess...
No. YOU claim I know Jesus and the bible better. I didn't say that. I am not walking a lonely path. I have angels, Jesus, the celestials, God and my guide, Bartholomew, one of the apostles who keeps me grounded and focused. What better people to walk with than them? Should I give those people up for a book full of hatred, murder, unrighteousnes and condemnation? Should I give them up so that I can follow you and believe that we are condemned forever and unable to become Christs ourselves? I think not.

Books are fallable whether you want to admit that or not. Not skin off my back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 10:14 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,375,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You are not where I am in my journey as I am not where you are.
Agreed! No offense, but thank goodness from my point of view that I am not where you are. I had my "New Age" mystical days decades ago. You can learn a lot but it's a dead end once the warm fuzzies get old hat, as they will. That's what you're really living for, like seeking after signs, there's a much more sure strait and narrow path available. Perhaps one day it will beckon to you and you can turn off those spirits...

Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
I am not surprised that you do see it that way. It stems from belief in talking snakes and seven headed monsters. Grow up boy. Manhood awaits.

If God's works are perfect then why would you think that God has to return over and over again to destroy and rebuild perfection?

Is it not more likely that your understanding is flawed and not God's perfect works?

Regards
DL
Well, you are condescending, that's a godlike trait. At least He knows more than any of us.

God did create perfect spirit bodies for His children. Then He gave them the freedom to choose for themselves and all hell broke loose.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
So, things like faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, Christian things like that are done away with in that 'higher law' that has been revealed by the spirits that whisper to you?

I'm not sure where you get that I believe that those things aren't important. Are you not reading my responses and finding truth in them?

Faith is believing in an invisible God. I have that. Repentence is atoning for our sins. I did that and now I am working on the inclination to not sin. Baptism is a material thing and not necessary. Baptism in Divine Love is necessary to enter into God's Paradise. I do that everyday. The holy Ghost/Holy Spirit is God's instrument He uses to convey His love upon the soul. He is doing that all the time to my soul because I ask for it. It is the most important law in the universe because it nullifies all other laws.

Example, when Divine Love comes into the soul via the workings of the Holy Spirit, the law of compensation (you reap what you sow) is removed from the scope of its working, for Love is the fulfilling of the law. With Divine Love, the compensation does not take place after a certain degree of obtaining this love.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
God has neither any wife nor any son.

This is in the Quran 72: 3
وَأَنَّهُ تَعَالَى جَدُّ رَبِّنَا مَا اتَّخَذَ صَاحِبَةً وَلَا وَلَدًا

The explanation:
('And He – exalted be the glory of our Lord! – has taken neither wife nor son.')

The Disagreement of the
Thank-you for sharing your beliefs.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:22 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Quote:
Agreed! No offense, but thank goodness from my point of view that I am not where you are. I had my "New Age" mystical days decades ago. You can learn a lot but it's a dead end once the warm fuzzies get old hat, as they will. That's what you're really living for, like seeking after signs, there's a much more sure strait and narrow path available. Perhaps one day it will beckon to you and you can turn off those spirits...

You may not believe this, but what you believe in is every bit as nutty as what she believes in. But she means well. I think you may also. Unlike that Johnny guy, who has proved to be from the hateful branch of Christianity.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
You may not believe this, but what you believe in is every bit as nutty as what she believes in. But she means well. I think you may also. Unlike that Johnny guy, who has proved to be from the hateful branch of Christianity.
At least I don't tell people they NEED to believe in what I believe in. And I'm am a little bit nutty!!! Well, some days. But it's always in fun!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:30 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Your nuttyness is my favorite kind of nuttyness, if that helps any.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
unfortunately, I have to disagree with you on two accounts. The first, which is a side point, but God isn't the one who is saving us from hell. He is the one that is sending us there, and some of us he decides not to send. But he knew the nature of adam and eve when he made them, and he is the one that made them with an irresistible desire to eat the fruit. Then, when thye behaved exactly the way that he created them to behave, he started sending people to hell..

But that is a side point. Because I wasn't referring to the creation story. I was talking about the many times in the bible where God literally punished children for things their fathers did. This isn't about original sin. It's about a 4000 year old sense of justice that went wrong.

As you admit, it is injustice to punish children for the sins of their fathers.

Here's a quick example. God is made at the Pharaoh, because he won't let moses go. So he killed the first born children of every person in Egypt.

Under what theory of Justice did the children deserve what God did to them here? Where was the "Free Will" for the babies that God killed? Wherever you believe they ended up, they certianly didn't have any say so about it.
Oh I agree, Old Testament times were tough indeed. But I think God knew what He was doing all along. His ways are not the ways of man, His thoughts not our thoughts. He works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform.

I continue to love my Heavenly Father and feel of His Spirit, and to put my trust in Jesus Christ. I've been around a lot of blocks and I know of no better way to happiness and the hope for eternal life.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
But your God was the one who was doing that nasty stuff!

Is he the same today as he is yesterday? Can we admit that what he did was wrong? God ordered his followers to take young virgins hostage and force them to be sex slaves. Either that is okay or it's wrong.

I just don't want you to use circular logic to celebrate the perfection of your God. The only reason he is perfect, is because you have decided to call anything he does perfect. But if anyone else did those things, you would call them a monster.
I do believe that Jesus Christ was also known as Jehovah, the God of the Old Testament and that his ways were much harsher then. I will not judge him or think that he was wrong to interact with wilful disobedient mankind in the ways that he did. I feel certain that he was working to help God the Father's children knock off rough edges and move closer to perfection.

I believe too that all mankind is free to choose good or evil for themselves, and we do daily. If the Jews had only been obedient to their God the Old Testament stories would have been very different. Maybe God had to practice "tough love."

As I wrote in an earlier message, I believe that God is the STANDARD of righteousness. Whatever He decides to do is that which is righteous. There is none higher, none wiser, no greater judge of all. And yet some humans think they can judge God and find Him in error...

Last edited by justamere10; 05-22-2009 at 11:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality