Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:29 AM

148 posts, read 294,359 times

Advertisements

Muslims and christians believe that only the true believer will be safe in the day of Judgement, yes? not the bad people or those who lie.

We almost believe the same, but we differ about Jesus PBUH.

The Truth at the end is with one of us, not all of us.

x took your money, you call the police, x said: this is my money and this is the truth for me.
you said: this is my money, this is the truth.

the police said: you should not say: this is the truth.
say: this is the truth in my point of view, bcause x has another truth, too?
both of you has the truth, so share the money between both of you.

God The All knowing The All Wise said:
71. And if the truth had been in accordance with their desires, verily, the heavens and the earth, and whosoever is therein would have been corrupted! Nay, We have brought them their reminder, but they turn away from their reminder.

We will see in the last day, who has the truth.

Allah glory be to Him The Merciful will not punish you if want the truth, but you did not get it, but if you want to lie then listen:
60. And what think those who invent lies against Allâh, on the Day of Resurrection? [i.e. Do they think that they will be forgiven and excused! Nay, they will have an eternal punishment in the Fire of Hell]. Truly, Allâh is full of Bounty to mankind, but most of them are ungrateful.

God knows what is in your heart.
the one who want the truth will searsh for it and he will be happy when it comes to him, yes? because he want it.

can you imagine 3 president of one country at the same time?
it will be a disaster, yes.

How can someone claim that this big universe has 3 Lords and then claim again that they are one?

Allah The Lord of the worlds said:
22. Had there been therein (in the heavens and the earth) gods besides Allâh, then verily both would have been ruined. Glorified be Allâh, the Lord of the Throne, (High is He) above what they attribute to Him!

Now regarding Jesus PBUH:

God The Holy said:
16. And mention in the Book (the Qur'ân, O Muhammad PBUH , the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.

17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.

18. She said: "Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allâh) from you, if you do fear Allâh."

19. (The angel) said: "I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son."

20. She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"

21. He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allâh): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allâh), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allâh).' "

22. So she conceived him[], and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).

23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"

24. Then [the babe 'Iesa (Jesus) or Jibrael (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;

25. "And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."

26. "So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allâh) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"

27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).

28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Hârûn (Aaron) [not the brother of Mûsa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

29. Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?[]"

30. "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allâh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;[]"

31. "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salât (prayer), and Zakât, as long as I live."

32. "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33. "And Salâm (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

34. Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).

35. It befits not (the Majesty of) Allâh that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allâh, by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allâh]. Glorified (and Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it, "Be!" and it is[].

36. ['Iesa (Jesus) said]: "And verily Allâh is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allâh's Religion of Islâmic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His Prophets)." [Tafsir At-Tabarî]

37. Then the sects differed [i.e. the Christians about 'Iesa (Jesus) <><>], so woe unto the disbelievers [those who gave false witness by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allâh] from the meeting of a great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection, when they will be thrown in the blazing Fire)[].

38. How clearly will they (polytheists and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh) see and hear, the Day when they will appear before Us! But the Zalimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers) today are in plain error.

39. And warn them (O Muhammad PBUH) of the Day of grief and regrets, when the case has been decided, while (now) they are in a state of carelessness, and they believe not[].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,237,991 times
The most accurate belief would be that as long as you do not harm others or spread hate, everyone should find their own truth.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:37 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,653,337 times
Being a Christian I feel that Christ is the one way to God. It was through Him that the payment for sin was made and that through Him we are saved.
As I have thought over the years I also feel that God judges by the amount of Light, or knowledge of Him, that we are exposed to. You look at Native Americans who worshiped and honored God through nature. In Corinthians it says that looking at nature we are without an excuse to know that a God exsists. I think God will judge by knowing our hearts and I trust that whatever He does will be fair and right. In Judges it says, "Will not the Judge of the world do right." I don't think God left us in a postition to understand everything and therefore we have to trust in God's character. It also says that "man looks on the outside and God looks on the heart" I don't think it is anyone's job to judge others beliefs. As a Christian I share what God has done in my life though Christ and it is God's job to draw men to himself.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM

To comment on your first line, dear driftwoodpoint;
all the prophets PBUT are chosen by God and they are all saviours for their people.
The only way to God is through the prophet God send to you.
We don't worship God according to ourself, but according to the prophet's worship.

Mohammad PBUH is your prophet all, and he is an honest advisor for you.

Last edited by a slave of Allah; 07-07-2008 at 02:43 PM..

Old 07-07-2008, 02:48 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,021,362 times
Therein lies the problem with all religions. Each one believes theirs is the "only way".

Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Therein lies the problem with all religions. Each one believes theirs is the "only way".
Show me a lie in The Mighty Book (Quran) The Source of Islam, I challenge you and all people.
you may find that in the other religions, not in Islam.

See for example:
1. error and contradiction of the book of the apostles:

Acts of the Apostles Acts 7:14 ~ Stephen, who in Acts 6:8 is characterized as being "Full of faith and power performing great wonders and miracles among the people," tells us that, "Joseph called his father Jacob to him and all his kindred, threescore and fifteen (75) souls in all." If we check the source, Genesis 46:27, we find that there were but threescore and ten (70). So, here we have another God inspired goof.

Acts 7:15-16 ~ Here we discover yet another goof by Stephen the "Wise." He says, "Jacob went down into Egypt and died, he and our fathers and were carried over into Sychem and laid in the sepulcher that Abraham bought." The death and burial of Jacob is discussed at length in chapters 49 and 50 of Genesis. In Genesis 50:13 we learn that, "His (Jacob's) sons carried him (not into Sychem, but) into the land on Canaan and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah before Mamre." Genesis 23:19 records where it is located, "Abraham buried Sarah in the cave of the field on Machpelah before Mamre: the same as Hebron in the land of Canaan." Sychem, the location claimed by Stephen, lies 99 kilometers north of Hebron. Go figure!

Acts 7:16 ~ Stephen tells us that Abraham bought the sepulcher for a sum of money from the sons of Emmor. However, in Genesis 23:17-18 it records that he bought it from Ephron. No mention is made of the sons of Emmor.

Acts 7:38-53 ~ According to Stephen it was an angel who came down from heaven to Mount Sinai and gave the law to Moses. This contradicts what is written Exodus 19:20 where it clearly states that God himself came down and gave the law to Moses.

Let us here consider the three accounts of Paul's conversion as recorded in Acts chapters 9, 22, and 26. There is an obvious contradiction between the first two accounts. In chapter 9 we are told that the men accompanying him heard the voice whereas in chapter 22 it states that they did not hear the voice. Another contradiction is the inconsistency in the manner in which Paul claims to have received his instructions. According to the first two accounts he is told to go into the city where instructions will be given to him. When testifying before King Agrippa, however, Paul embellishes the story. Here he says that Jesus himself instructed him in great detail right there on the spot (Acts 26:15-18). These passages bear all the earmarks of a forgery.

Acts 13:38-39 ~ Paul announces with great authority, "Let it be known to you therefore, my brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you; by this Jesus every one who believes is set free from all those sins from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses" . Is he unaware that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost and apostasy are identified as unforgivable sins?(See Mark 3:29 and Hebrews 6:4-6)

Acts 19:19 ~ Non-Christian books are burned whose value came to fifty thousand silver coins.
abcd

Acts 20:35 ~ Speaking to the elders at Ephesus Paul said, "I have shown you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, who said,‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’" While this may sound good and noble, there is no record that Jesus ever was at Ephesus., a city in Turkey, which lies some 600 miles from Israel across the Mediterranean sea. So, let us apply a little common sense here1. Jesus never was at Ephesus,(2. Paul never saw Jesus except in a vision,(3. the Ephesians could never have heard Jesus say this or, for that matter, anything else,(4. how could they "remember" something they had never heard?(5. Paul may have told them Jesus said that, but how would he have known, having never seen him? So, we only have Paul's word for it, and that amounts to no more than hearsay.

Acts 23:3 ~ In a fit pique Paul openly curses the high priest. When reminded that such disrespect is unlawful (Exodus 22:28), Paul replies, "I was not aware that I was talking to the high priest." This is hard to believe indeed when one considers that he had recently been an agent of the high priest and had in fact directly petitioned him for letters authorizing the arrest of Christian living in Damascus.

2. error and contradiction in the gospel of luke

to be continued....

Old 07-08-2008, 08:53 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,941,178 times
man I thought you were asking a question with this post. If you already have all the answers then this is just a "bait and preach" tactic

Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,578,987 times
God is the only way ,who sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins,for who so ever believeth in Him shall not perish,but have everlasting life.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,651,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
Muslims and christians believe that only the true believer will be safe in the day of Judgement, yes? not the bad people or those who lie.
Actually that's not strictly true. You are correct in saying that Muslims and Christians believe that only the true believer will be safe on the day of judgement, but it's not just bad people who are apparently damned though. Perfectly decent, peaceful, honest, loving, caring people are also supposedly screwed (if the Bible and the Qur'an are to be believed) because they don't fit into a narrow belief system, not because of how they actually lived their lives. That is the principle reason why I think that most religion is a load of crap.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,158 times
My dear friend slave of Allah,

What you are saying is no different than what a Christian would say.

So, how do we consummate this marriage of opposites?

What is the key ingredient in a marriage? Love?

Peace>>>AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality