Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
The Famed Grand Canyon Dinosaur Carving

Attachment 45273
Evidently this is a one-legged dinosaur with a kinked tail eating one of the Anasazi locals.

The Famed Montrose County, Colorado Triceratops Carving

Attachment 45272
The thing sticking out of the "triceratop's" rump must be a spear. Ouch!

I'm totally convinced. By the way, Campbell, is the Iran planecrash the earthquake you predicted, or should we look for another?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 01:08 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I'm totally convinced.
Well you should be. Dang aliens coming down in their UFOs and teaching ancient native Americans how to draw dinosuars and all. See all the problems they started!

This all reminds me of those famous lines in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

Sir Bedevere: How do you know she's a witch?
Peasant#2: SHE LOOKS LIKE ONE!

The "one-legged dinosaur with a kinked tail eating one of the Anasazi locals" actually looks more like a primitive tribute to the Blue Oyster Cult to me. The angle of the picture is all wrong and that's why y'all can't see it. The Anasazi rocked! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Last edited by Fullback32; 07-16-2009 at 01:20 PM..

Old 07-16-2009, 01:58 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The person? The cave? Do you understand that we are not just talking about a few stones, or one cave. There are tens of thousands of these stones, and people have passed them around for hundreds of years. In the 1500s, they were sending these stones back to Spain, and as I said, the Spainish priest wrote letters asking what were all these strange animals depicted on these Ica stones? You can't blame your one person in recent days for all the Ica stone carvings. And one third of these stones are said to depict some sort of dinosaur. Are you in some kind of deep denial here?
Do you believe your one person was time transported back to the 1500s, and he was makeing dinosaur carvings back then? LOL
You have still never given this priest's name or any source of his existence beside Dr. Swift.

In most things second-opinions are pretty important as is sourcing. If you could just show something from any Christian college anywhere, including Liberty University or Patrick Henry, confirming this or the priest's existence it'd be helpful.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
I'm totally convinced. By the way, Campbell, is the Iran planecrash the earthquake you predicted, or should we look for another?
Actually, it was Lionpainter who predicted the quake, not Campbell.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:15 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
You have still never given this priest's name or any source of his existence beside Dr. Swift.

In most things second-opinions are pretty important as is sourcing. If you could just show something from any Christian college anywhere, including Liberty University or Patrick Henry, confirming this or the priest's existence it'd be helpful.
I believe I did mention his name on post 49. And his name was father Simon who was a Jesuit missionary who lived around the year 1535 A.D.
I believe the link below speaks of Him, and there is a little more information on the Ica burial stones.

http://creationwiki.org/Ica_stone

Old 07-16-2009, 04:41 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
First let me say this...CreationWiki is a virtual Internet's entity that any True Christian™ literal fundamentalist saved YEC creationist can edit. It serves as God's final bulkwark against the unremitting evilness of this depraved world. It has all of the good, All-American knowledge you can rely on! Now contains 100% less fact, and 100% more lies.

I believe that it is possible that there are authentic Inca carved stones, but that the later stones depicting dinosaurs and other things that the people who carved the authentic ones could not have knowledge of are obvious fakes. I'm willing to wager that the stones Father Simon discovered depicted only things known to the carvers...No dinos, no man peering through a telescope, etc. I wonder what became of the stones Father Simon took to Spain.

Or perhaps they are all fakes...In 1998, Spanish investigator Vicente Paris declared after four years of investigation that the evidence indicates that the stones are a hoax. Among the proofs presented by this investigator were microphotographs of the stones that showed traces of modern paints and abrasives. The strongest evidence of fraud as claimed is the crispness of the shallow engravings; stones of great age should have substantial erosion of the surfaces.

Last edited by sanspeur; 07-16-2009 at 05:00 PM..

Old 07-16-2009, 04:49 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
When I was very young, I asked my father who was a retired minister where the bible mentioned dinosaurs. Did they come before creation or if not why were they never mentioned.

At a young age I knew of dinosaurs from seeing them in museums and I lived in a part of Texas where there are dinosaur tracks left in stones that are found in stream beds.

When my Father hesitated, I really started in that surely they aren't denying they exist, did someone make up all those bones and scatter them about the world to make a big joke on everyone?

I never did get a satisfactory answer to that question. In the religion I was raised, we just didn't talk about things like that because they had no satisfactory answer and it cast a shadow over the posibility of a literal translation of the bible.

If you believe the bible literally there is no posibility they existed before creation. I find it HARD to believe that no one in the entire bible mentioned them AT ALL which lends credence in my opinion that the bible can't be taken literally.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:31 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I believe I did mention his name on post 49. And his name was father Simon who was a Jesuit missionary who lived around the year 1535 A.D.
I believe the link below speaks of Him, and there is a little more information on the Ica burial stones.

http://creationwiki.org/Ica_stone
Thanks. I've found some books online about the Jesuits in Inca land so maybe I'll get to learn more about him.

However at first blush it seems he'd likely be a few years later as the Jesuit order was not confirmed by the Pope until 1540.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:17 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
I'm totally convinced.
I knew those pics would help you see the errors of your ways. For the life of me though, I can't make out the three horns of the triceratop. Squinting didn't help.

BTW, I googled the images. I found the on the very first page. The website happens to be the very same one that features the shocking Cambodian Stegosaur carving that I previously posted.

More proof that dinosaurs and people lived together!

Click image for larger version

Name:	flintstones.jpg
Views:	22004
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	45290

Old 07-16-2009, 06:55 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
When I was very young, I asked my father who was a retired minister where the bible mentioned dinosaurs. Did they come before creation or if not why were they never mentioned.

At a young age I knew of dinosaurs from seeing them in museums and I lived in a part of Texas where there are dinosaur tracks left in stones that are found in stream beds.

When my Father hesitated, I really started in that surely they aren't denying they exist, did someone make up all those bones and scatter them about the world to make a big joke on everyone?

I never did get a satisfactory answer to that question. In the religion I was raised, we just didn't talk about things like that because they had no satisfactory answer and it cast a shadow over the posibility of a literal translation of the bible.

If you believe the bible literally there is no posibility they existed before creation. I find it HARD to believe that no one in the entire bible mentioned them AT ALL which lends credence in my opinion that the bible can't be taken literally.
Dinosaurs existed some time after creation, some 13.7 billion years ago, not before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality