Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 07:20 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
If I may put in an observation, death seems to existed before Adam's 'fall' as everything dies. Animals, amoebas, trees. Everything living, dies. And they didn't disobey God and 'Fall'.
One either says:

(a) Adam's fall affected every other living thing on the planet. Which would mean that our pets also have free will and souls and WILL be with us in heaven, hooray, and that T. Rex, who turned from a grass -eater into a sharp-toothed carnivore because Adam sinned, would still be an unsutable creature to give piggy -back rides to the Children of Israel as per the Creation museum.

or:

(b) 'Death' does not mean literal death but only spiritual death, which fits Paul's argument nicely but is a bit obscure where God explains it to Adam.

or:

(c) the whole thing is a silly myth and makes no more sense as symbolism. The palaeontological evidence may be taken to indicate that life has evolved over millennia and has always ended in death.
Well the matter doesn't really bother me as such. I always just assumed the "Fall of Nature" was more about morality and humanity. I'm just trying to understand their concern and where they're coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 08:49 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
The bible didn't even know what planets were, so how could it grok dinosaurs ? And the bible went on and on about diseases, and never mentioned germs. They prefer the "demons" and the punishment/plague/wrath of God as explanations. The Vedas make more sense, at least to me.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:52 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
When I was very young, I asked my father who was a retired minister where the bible mentioned dinosaurs. Did they come before creation or if not why were they never mentioned.

At a young age I knew of dinosaurs from seeing them in museums and I lived in a part of Texas where there are dinosaur tracks left in stones that are found in stream beds.

When my Father hesitated, I really started in that surely they aren't denying they exist, did someone make up all those bones and scatter them about the world to make a big joke on everyone?

I never did get a satisfactory answer to that question. In the religion I was raised, we just didn't talk about things like that because they had no satisfactory answer and it cast a shadow over the posibility of a literal translation of the bible.

If you believe the bible literally there is no posibility they existed before creation. I find it HARD to believe that no one in the entire bible mentioned them AT ALL which lends credence in my opinion that the bible can't be taken literally.
Lindsey, your father may of hesitated, yet the Bible does speak of dinosaurs, and there are no less then 2 chapters that describe them. The Bible is not a science book, yet it is a Book of truth. And if it speaks of anything, it is speaking of it's truth, and it's reality.
Consider link below.

Dinosaurs and the Bible

Old 07-18-2009, 08:27 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
There are references in Job which sound potentially like dinosaurs, but it's fairly ambiguous. One can believe it or not.

I really don't think Christianity has, or maybe even needs, an unambiguous position on this matter.
Really, kinda like it doesn't take a stand on alpaca sweaters either. Doesn't mention bubble gum, the lottery, nascar, nuclear fussion, or mortars.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:01 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Lindsey, your father may of hesitated, yet the Bible does speak of dinosaurs, and there are no less then 2 chapters that describe them. The Bible is not a science book, yet it is a Book of truth. And if it speaks of anything, it is speaking of it's truth, and it's reality.
Consider link below.

Dinosaurs and the Bible
Hey, thanks. Lindsey, Campbell posted one of those links that Sanspeur mentioned in a previous post. They are frequently used to dupe the ill-equipped lay person, by the young earth creationists. However, if you have read through this thread you will see that the creatures this website attempts to portray as dinosaurs, are not dinosaurs. THey are not even a possibility on several counts.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:36 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Hey, thanks. Lindsey, Campbell posted one of those links that Sanspeur mentioned in a previous post. They are frequently used to dupe the ill-equipped lay person, by the young earth creationists. However, if you have read through this thread you will see that the creatures this website attempts to portray as dinosaurs, are not dinosaurs. THey are not even a possibility on several counts.
I might mention here that dinosaur art is found all over the world, and todays science debunks most of it, and they do this (WITHOUT ANY SCIENTIFIC REVIEW). As with their own theories, they (ASSUME) it is either true or untrue. This is not science, it is just their personal bias view, and their unbelif that they imbrace. What makes the matter even worse, is when scientist have been asked to consider such finds, it becomes very hard to get them to even come to investigate the claim. This was the case with the El Toro figurines, and the Ica burial stones. The El Toro figuriens were discovered around the year 1948, and some 30,000 figuriens were unearthed, and a number of them were of dinosaurs. They were time tested, and were shown to be in the thousands of years old. Yet no scientist from evolutions side ever sought to test the figurines themselves, because they refuted their worldview, so they ignored them. And they did this, just like every other discovery that does not agree with their views.

Consider the link below.

Art, Literature and History Crawling with Dinosaurs: Revisiting The Stones of Ica... Page 25

Old 07-18-2009, 04:52 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Ooparts....Another honest unbiased site.....not.

Contrary to your lies, the Acamboro figurines have been tested and were found to be fired shortly before they were found. These tests also invalidated the previous biased tests....They are nothing but a hoax Campbell, and if you do not know that by now you are blinded by your programming.

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Old 07-18-2009, 04:52 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I might mention here that dinosaur art is found all over the world, and todays science debunks most of it, and they do this (WITHOUT ANY SCIENTIFIC REVIEW). As with their own theories, they (ASSUME) it is either true or untrue. This is not science, it is just their personal bias view, and their unbelif that they imbrace. What makes the matter even worse, is when scientist have been asked to consider such finds, it becomes very hard to get them to even come to investigate the claim. This was the case with the El Toro figurines, and the Ica burial stones. The El Toro figuriens were discovered around the year 1948, and some 30,000 figuriens were unearthed, and a number of them were of dinosaurs. They were time tested, and were shown to be in the thousands of years old. Yet no scientist from evolutions side ever sought to test the figurines themselves, because they refuted their worldview, so they ignored them. And they did this, just like every other discovery that does not agree with their views.

Consider the link below.

Art, Literature and History Crawling with Dinosaurs: Revisiting The Stones of Ica... Page 25
We've already dealt with your "folk-science." Why are there no scientific studies on Jackalopes? Why aren't you all over that? But thanks for playing anyway.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:27 PM

47 posts, read 103,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
We've already dealt with your "folk-science." Why are there no scientific studies on Jackalopes? Why aren't you all over that? But thanks for playing anyway.
rep given

Old 07-18-2009, 06:49 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,030 times
As a christian - especially after watching the Jurassic Park films - it would be "Thank God, they are extinct".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality