Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 03:06 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Why would they use a method only deemed accurate up to 50,000 years for something they believe to be millions of years old? Generally dinosaurs are dated using isotopes with much longer half-lifes. Why were they be using C-14? Even if the story were true why should one anomalous result invalidate hundreds or thousands of radiometric dating indicating dinosaurs are millions of years old?

"radiometric dating" dinosaurs - Google Scholar

Specifically check the following from the American Science Affiliation. It's a society of Christians, including several Evangelicals who reject evolution, in science.

Radiometric Dating (http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html/wiens2002.pdf - broken link)

I think I should step back after those questions because this might be an important belief for you. I am not an evangelist. If you want to believe in all this I'd normally say it's fine. I'm mostly just trying to explain why I don't or won't.
Thats the whole problem, they believe the dinosaur bones to be millions of years old. And under normal conditions they would not test such bones useing the carbon dating method. I believe the labs in question were not aware they were testing dinosaur bones. I believe they thought they were testing bone from some more modern animal. There are numerous reasons to believe that dinosaurs are not as old as many assume them to be. And there is a great deal of historical art work that reveals this to be true. Yet that art work is rejected, and their theories are imbrace more. And it was not just one anomalous result we are speaking of here.

The Man and Dinosaur Page (http://www.kolbecenter.org/HMiller/index.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 03:06 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The drawings have only been debunked by closed minds. There are so many of them, and none have been debunked by any scientific review. The debunking is based on personal opinion only, and that my friend, is not science.
Here we go with the scientific review crap again...The persons who carved them admitted to the hoax...Why would science be interested in hoaxes....In any case even if that were not so, the cave where they were found has been conveniently kept secret and there is no organic material on the stones rendering it impossible to date them..

From your link....The purpose of this page is to show that the evolutionistic geologic time scale has been falsified by scientific observations from many scientific disciplines, including lab and flume studies, archaeological and paleontological excavations, and carbon-14 dating of materials from virtually every part of the geologic column.

It's a conspiracy I tell you. All the scientists are involved in conspiring against you...Oh my!

Do you know how foolish you sound?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:46 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Thats the whole problem, they believe the dinosaur bones to be millions of years old.
They believe this because virtually all evidence for two centuries indicates that.

The man who wrote the first full account of a fossil dinosaur was an Anglican reverend named William Buckland who rejected Darwinism. He believed dinosaurs to be millions of years old.

Geology and mineralogy considered ... - Google Books

So why would a creationist almost two centuries ago start some big anti-Christian conspiracy?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Here we go with the scientific review crap again...The persons who carved them admitted to the hoax...Why would science be interested in hoaxes....In any case even if that were not so, the cave where they were found has been conveniently kept secret and there is no organic material on the stones rendering it impossible to date them..

From your link....The purpose of this page is to show that the evolutionistic geologic time scale has been falsified by scientific observations from many scientific disciplines, including lab and flume studies, archaeological and paleontological excavations, and carbon-14 dating of materials from virtually every part of the geologic column.

It's a conspiracy I tell you. All the scientists are involved in conspiring against you...Oh my!

Do you know how foolish you sound?
The person? The cave? Do you understand that we are not just talking about a few stones, or one cave. There are tens of thousands of these stones, and people have passed them around for hundreds of years. In the 1500s, they were sending these stones back to Spain, and as I said, the Spainish priest wrote letters asking what were all these strange animals depicted on these Ica stones? You can't blame your one person in recent days for all the Ica stone carvings. And one third of these stones are said to depict some sort of dinosaur. Are you in some kind of deep denial here?
Do you believe your one person was time transported back to the 1500s, and he was makeing dinosaur carvings back then? LOL

Old 07-16-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
They believe this because virtually all evidence for two centuries indicates that.

The man who wrote the first full account of a fossil dinosaur was an Anglican reverend named William Buckland who rejected Darwinism. He believed dinosaurs to be millions of years old.

Geology and mineralogy considered ... - Google Books

So why would a creationist almost two centuries ago start some big anti-Christian conspiracy?
They believed the evidence that agreed with what was scientifically popular. Even then evidence was pointed out that refuted evolution, yet that evidence like todays evidence was ignored. In the 1920s the Doheny Report which was put together by some very prominent scientists tried to point out evidence for dinosaur and human coexistence, yet it was ignored. Numerous observations by scientists revealed dinosaurs found in Petroglyphs made by the Anasazi Indians, yet ignored. In Montrose County Colorado, there is a carving of a Triceratops, with it's characteristic three horns and neck frill, which is believed attributed to the Fremont Indians. Yet like all the evidence found around the world. It is ignored. There is a very long list of evidence out there, but their mind set is so fixed, they pretend this evidence does not exist.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:43 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Numerous observations by scientists revealed dinosaurs found in Petroglyphs made by the Anasazi Indians, yet ignored. In Montrose County Colorado, there is a carving of a Triceratops, with it's characteristic three horns and neck frill, which is believed attributed to the Fremont Indians.

Do you have any specific references to this? Or is this something you heard about from someone else?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:27 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default Another Phake PhD makes his case....

I'll give you credit this morning, Tom. You have apparently finally learned that C14 dating is only good for 1) organic materials [being based on the natural uptake of carbon, both in it's C12 and C14 forms, up until the moment the organism dies], and 2) for times up to about 40,000 years of age. Otherwise, for example, it's a useless technique to date Acambara figurines or dino bones. Basically, if it Carbon dates, it's NOT a dinosaur.

Having presided in such a lab at my old alma mater in Canada, I know that the techs who handle the equipment and samples are NOT subjected to whispers from the researcher.

similarly, they are NOT paid under the table to falsify the readings.

You are right though; they are handed several unknown samples, some of which are usually picked up outside off the ground, or from some other unrelated archeological dig, in order to validate the study and provide for a true "blind" test. If the sample is, in fact, 1 million years old or older, it will produce a "falls outside system capability" error, reliably.

The known-ringer sample pieces are included to protect against the evil personalities of those jealous scientists who desperately want to disprove good old Professor Smith by finding holes in his experimental methodology.

Yes, "science" does want to protect it's well earned image, to prevent wholesale malice, falsified evidence and outrageous conclusions. That's exactly why it was science itself that uncovered the hoaxes on "Room Temperature Fusion", Piltdown Man, and others you gloatingly refer to as examples of evil, blindered and assumptive science. It was not Christian researchers. They are, I'll admit, constantly on the lookout for ANY possible crack in any scientific report, gleefully reporting in big, bold typeface the ongoing "failings" and assumptions of science.

It's interesting to see Christians take so much malicious glee in normal human fallibilities. Science though at least tries to minimize such human influence by its very design, and if you had even the most basic understanding of it and how it works, you'd be so much less likely to viciously insult it on a near-hourly basis.

Christianity, by comparison, seems to happily turn a blind eye to it's own problematic citizens, their hoaxes and schemes to bilk folks out of their savings with false promises of eternal life. Benny Hinn comes to mind, as well as that teary-eyed TV evangelist from a few years back, and his equally egregious mascara-queen wifey. Oh yeah; Jimmy Swaggert and Jim & Tammy Faye.

Sigh.... such massive hypocracy...

To automatically assume that ALL those who claim themselves to be Christian are above reproach, that all their pronouncements are the God's truth, is as sadly funny as your pathetic ongoing critique off virtually ALL the results of millions of honest scientists.

What's your personal feeling on that, Tom? Any charlotans, liars or fakers amongst the Christian community? Ever? Or, in your humble opinion, do they all walk on water, so to speak, while the evil scientists slip below the water to their well-earned satanic demise?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:40 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Christianity, by comparison, seems to happily turn a blind eye to it's own problematic citizens, their hoaxes and schemes to bilk folks out of their savings with false promises of eternal life. Benny Hinn comes to mind, as well as that teary-eyed TV evangelist from a few years back, and his equally egregious mascara-queen wifey. Oh yeah; Jimmy Swaggert and Jim & Tammy Faye.
Don't forget about Robert Tilton or Paul and Jan Crouch.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
The person? The cave? Do you understand that we are not just talking about a few stones, or one cave. There are tens of thousands of these stones, and people have passed them around for hundreds of years. In the 1500s, they were sending these stones back to Spain, and as I said, the Spainish priest wrote letters asking what were all these strange animals depicted on these Ica stones? You can't blame your one person in recent days for all the Ica stone carvings. And one third of these stones are said to depict some sort of dinosaur. Are you in some kind of deep denial here?
Do you believe your one person was time transported back to the 1500s, and he was makeing dinosaur carvings back then? LOL
Are these the Ica stones we are talking about? There are a lot of them but all I have found shows that they were unknown before 1996. Where is there information about them being traded back as far as 1500, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
The drawings have only been debunked by closed minds. There are so many of them, and none have been debunked by any scientific review. The debunking is based on personal opinion only, and that my friend, is not science.

I think you had better retrain on science, like, for example, what it is. It is not the rejection of valid doubts about authenticity by True Believers who would insist that mount Rushmore was carved by Hittites if their Faith required them to.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:

Numerous observations by scientists revealed dinosaurs found in Petroglyphs made by the Anasazi Indians, yet ignored. In Montrose County Colorado, there is a carving of a Triceratops, with it's characteristic three horns and neck frill, which is believed attributed to the Fremont Indians.

The Famed Grand Canyon Dinosaur Carving

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grand_Canyon_Dinosaur.jpg
Views:	6265
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	45273
Evidently this is a one-legged dinosaur with a kinked tail eating one of the Anasazi locals.

The Famed Montrose County, Colorado Triceratops Carving

Click image for larger version

Name:	triceratops.jpg
Views:	7527
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	45272
The thing sticking out of the "triceratop's" rump must be a spear. Ouch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality