Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 02:59 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times

Advertisements

Ancient and new geoglyphs, made for seeing from high up. The ancient ones are not consistent with the doctrines of evolution.
Quote:

Ecc 1:5 The sun also rises, and the sun goes down,
And hastens to the place where it arose.
Ecc 1:9 That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Ecc 1:10 Is there anything of which it may be said,
"See, this is new"?
It has already been in ancient times before us.
Ecc 1:11 There is no remembrance of former things,
Nor will there be any remembrance of things that are to come
By those who will come after.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-lRb...eature=related strange modern ones mixed in with the ancient ones in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-lRb...eature=related

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 04:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Yes, this one is definately a POE

Poe's Law - RationalWiki
Thank goodness! I suppose it was obvious really. Nobody could seriously believe what was being written there.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:26 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Oh Good Gods, I simply had to step away from the computer for abit, I was laughing so hard.

Earth doesn't rotate, indeed.
I know....I spit my morning coffee out through my nose.

I just gotta know. How in the name of all that's sane, can a person remain so blindly ignorant, so willfully nescient, and so recklessly and foolishly obtuse in the year 2009?

One can only hope that this person is not reproducing and replicating her own illiterate benightedness into future generations.

I wonder if she's posting from inside a compound somewhere outside of Waco...

Old 08-08-2009, 08:43 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
Biblically speaking -and I believe the Word of God:the earth does not rotate. The sun, moon, and stars travel on their circuits, in their paths, on their set courses in the heaven.
Did you happen to notice this morning that it was dark and then suddenly it got lighter when the sun rose over the horizon? It seems to have been happening for as long as people have been keeping records. IT HAPPENS BECAUSE THE EARTH IS ROTATING! Seek help!

Old 08-08-2009, 10:39 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times
Awe common guys, don't you know if the earth rotates it will get dizzy?

I guess when she went on a ferris wheel or a roundabout, those also stood still and the wurld rotated around it?

Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I know....I spit my morning coffee out through my nose.

I just gotta know. How in the name of all that's sane, can a person remain so blindly ignorant, so willfully nescient, and so recklessly and foolishly obtuse in the year 2009?

One can only hope that this person is not reproducing and replicating her own illiterate benightedness into future generations.

I wonder if she's posting from inside a compound somewhere outside of Waco...
A Sad and very disturbing fact is she has kids and home schooled them. So there are more out there. I am having a hard time, believing she is really this out of touch, but if she is real, she needs help and to get out into the real world.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:02 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
A Sad and very disturbing fact is she has kids and home schooled them. So there are more out there. I am having a hard time, believing she is really this out of touch, but if she is real, she needs help and to get out into the real world.
She is just setting them up for a big fall.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:10 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
I've met some fundies in my time but I just can't believe that anyone can believe what she has been posting. This has to be a set-up.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:15 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Talking "Welcome to HicksVille, WA" where we'll believe ANYTHING!

She is, apparently, real, living in a part of rural Washington on the south end of the Olympic Penninsula. McCleary, population ≈2800. They don't get a lot of sun there; perhaps it's role in the development of intelligence is mis-understood.

"There are ancient Chinese reports that describe a trip to the moon, and the moon was correctly described by an ancient Chinese Empress, who was reported to have traveled to the moon in a spacecraft with her husband."

And you believe it, huh?

Oddly, the very egotistical modern-day Chinese, always looking for an edge over the West, have recently stated (2008; "Chinese Plan first Moon Landing in 2012" )..

Chinese space program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

..their intention to finally get into space.

YSM has no inkling of the complexity of space travel, the astrophysics required, etc. She entertains a kiddie's fairytale book of wishful thinking, as in...

"The formulas work for space travel using a geocentric model, as some physicists have stated."

(Private note to YSM: We can always find some failed scientist (they're only human, after all...) who is willing to grab onto his otherwise unattainable one-minute of fame by claiming to run counter to established & proven factual knowlege.

Hence we have those oft-mentioned 700 scientists who believe in a Genesis Creation, versus the hundreds of millions who know better. Don't be so easily fooled by a simple science degree, unless you're going to accept them all, and their decisions by majority vote! Don't be stupidly selective, in other words!)

But the experienced astrophysicists at the JPL in Pasedena do not use such a stupid model, nor even entertain it, and they land craft wherever they wish, whenever they want, hardware problems notwithstanding.

You'd better get down there and tell them they're all wrong, YSM. quick-like!

For a larger body to revolve around a smaller one, the laws of gravity woild have to be completely disregarded (unless YSM now doth refuteth they as well! Sounds of pages being frantically flipped...."Where's that darned biblical quote that says "and the Lord dideth reverse gravity from time to time, without warning nor reason" when I desperately need it?")

Sadly for this goombah bit of physics nonsense, the Earth simply does not have the mass to "capture" any heavenly body hugely larger than it.

Only Jupiter or Saturn, for example, would provide the necessary grav-pull to secure the Earth into an elliptical orbit. And why elliptical, you may well ask? Because of the interation of other smaller orbiting bodies around the sun.

Yes, this is either a Poe theory test, or we should ask the Russians or N. Koreans to PLEASE target this town first. That would do us all a favor!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:18 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
She is, apparently, real, living in a part of rural Washington on the south end of the Olympic Penninsula. They don't get a lot of sun there; perhaps it's role in the development of intelligence is mis-understood.

"There are ancient Chinese reports that describe a trip to the moon, and the moon was correctly described by an ancient Chinese Empress, who was reported to have traveled to the moon in a spacecraft with her husband."

And you believe it, huh?

Oddly, the very egotistical modern-day Chinese, always looking for an edge over the West, have recently stated their intention to finally get into space.

YSM has no inkling of the complexity of space travel, the astrophtsics required, etc. she believes a kiddie's fairytale book of wishful thinking.

"The formulas work for space travel using a geocentric model, as some physicists have stated."

(Private note to YSM: We can always find some failed scientist who is willing to grab onto his otherwise unattainable one-minute of fame in claiming to run counter to established proven factual knowlege.

Hence we have those oft-mentioned 700 scientists who believe in Genesis Creation, versus the hundreds of millions who know better. Don't be so easily fooled by a simple science degree, unless you're going to accept them all, and their decisions by majority vote! don't be stupidly selective, in other words!)

But the ones at the JPL in Pasedena do not use such a stupid model, nor even entertain it, and they land craft wherever they wish, whenever they want, hardware problems notwithstanding.

For a larger body to revolve around a smaller one, the laws of gravity woild have to be completely disregarded (unless YSM now doth refuteth they as well! Sounds of pages being frantically flipped...."Where's that darned biblical quote when I desperately need it?")

Sadly for this goombah bit of physics nonsense, the Earth simply does not have the mass to "capture" any heavenly body hugely larger than it.

Only Jupiter or Saturn, for example, would provide the necessary grav-pull to secure the Earth into an elliptical orbit. And why elliptical, you may well ask? Because of the interation of other smaller orbiting bodies around the sun.

Yes, this is either a Poe theory test, or we should ask the Russians or N. Koreans to PLEASE target this town first. That would do us all a favor!

This is probably the best answer!!!!!!!!!!! Who in N Korea can we call!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality