Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 07:23 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ah, so you still adhere to the old laws do you? Have you stoned anyone lately, or gouged out your own eye? Perhaps you have cut off your hand?

No, I didn't think so. Nobody follows the old testament laws, at least not in America.
No,but I did have my leg cut off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 08:25 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
You have taken it from the corrupt religious, and for some reason you think Atheist are not corrupt? You think Atheist can run this world, without the foolishness that the religious have used?

Man you don't know human nature. Wake up and see the real, both the religious and the Atheist have messed this world up.

Peace.

I don't recall mentioning atheists or atheism (hint: atheists aren't the only ppl who see Christianity and organised religion as the farce that they are).

But since you mentioned it... sure, atheists, freethinkers, rationalists - all of us intelligent, enlightened folk are less corrupt and could run this world far less foolishly than the religious have.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:12 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is homosexuality in one of those commandments?
The Bible condemns homosexuality.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The Bible condemns homosexuality.
Homosexuality is not addressed in any of the Ten Commandments is it? Do you follow ALL of the laws given by God in the OT? Or are you cherry picking them for your own purpose?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Homosexuality is not addressed in any of the Ten Commandments is it? Do you follow ALL of the laws given by God in the OT? Or are you cherry picking them for your own purpose?
Oh, I think I pretty much follow them all -

How 'bout you?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:31 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Christians often like to say that the Law of the OT doesn't apply to them. This is contradictory to what Jesus actually said though.

Matthew 5:17-20 Think not I came to destroy the law. I came not to abolish the law of the prophets but to fulfill. Not one stroke, not one word of the law shall pass until heaven and earth disappear.

Jesus seems to make it fairly clear that the law of the OT didn't go away. Why is it that christians often like to say that the OT law doesn't apply to them?

Because it doesn't.

He fulfilled it....which means that we no longer have condemnation in it.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:33 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Since when has the word 'fulfill' meant 'abolish'? Your hero himself that he had not come to abolish the law.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:47 PM

Location: Rancho Cordova, CA very close to the American River Parkway
8 posts, read 31,126 times
I don't know what the Law of the OT is but there are a group of "Christians" down at the complex where I work that will not pay their taxes. They get together and work on strategies and defenses all the time. They say it's because they are not suppose to be subject to any man, only to God.
And the politicans they support, anything but Godly men.
They never read the part about rendering unto Casaer apparently. They make me crazy!!! I resent that they use the roads, the police and fire departments all the goods and services that taxes pay for. But they have some other convoluted theory about how our taxes don't really pay for these things blah blah blah. Does anyone else know Christians with these weird beliefs?

Oh duh, I just figured out the OT.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:50 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Since when has the word 'fulfill' meant 'abolish'? Your hero himself that he had not come to abolish the law.
It means that instead of us being condemned he is.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:22 PM

320 posts, read 449,327 times
Matt 5:17-20. Do not think that I have come to abollish the Law or the Prophets: I have not come to abollish them but fulfill them.

Jesus Fulfilled the Law Through "LOVE".

Romans 13: 8,10.
Let no debt remain outstanding except the continue debt to love one another, For he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the LAW.

Love does no harm to his neighbor. Therefore Love is the fulfillment of the LAW.

Matt 22:37.
Jesus said: " Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. this is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it. Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Grace and Peace to All!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality