Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 02:22 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,557,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Bible tells us provisions were stored in the Ark for that. And if I recall, David Duckworth stated he saw a picture that was taken of the inside of the Ark, and he saw something in the picture, show something where animals could eat from.

You will find Duckworth account on page 5. story 4. on the link below.
Searching for Noah's Ark by Bruce L. Gerig
You are attempting to use your book of fable as a science book, and sorry old boy, it just don't float. The "bible says" is your mantry, but your book is a fricking fairy tale dude. Numerous people have proven that all of the physics and physical space require far exceeds anything possible even today with steel ships. That there is no way to even get the animals from 7 continents to one place, that it is utterly impossible to rain at 6" per hour for 40 days, nor will that much water evaporate away in 140 days.

Of course you can find any number of idiots with websites which only feeds your delusion and complete disconnect from any reality. No animosity toward you, clearly your brainwashing began early in life and was beyond your control. You merely need to open your mind to the possibility, and question your own belief, something everyone should do. It makes one look so much less like a complete fool.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 PM

33,569 posts, read 37,185,374 times
How did old Noah gather every species on earth....Wait, how did he find them, when even today thousands of species that have never been seen are discovered every year?

For instance this is just one tiny area.

December 15, 2008--
Gumprecht's green pit viper is among at least 1,068 new species that have been discovered in Southeast Asia's Greater Mekong River region in the last ten years--an average of two a week, the international conservation group WWF announced today.

PHOTOS: Cyanide Millipede, Huge Spider Among New Species

Old 12-12-2009, 04:09 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,557,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How did old Noah gather every species on earth....Wait, how did he find them, when even today thousands of species that have never been seen are discovered every year?
Oh, that's easy, the newly discovered species have simply evolved ............. .................. oh wait, they don't believe that either ....... nevermind

Old 12-12-2009, 07:58 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,057,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
-snip-

That you use a website about aliens as a reference seems pretty strange to "prove" your point.
Not strange at all.

C34 believes in UFO's, Bigfoot, Nessie et al. not to mention the lost city of Atlantis.

If one can have invisible imaginary friends then one is able to believe any ridiculous notion

Old 12-12-2009, 08:17 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,645,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Not strange at all.

C34 believes in UFO's, Bigfoot, Nessie et al. not to mention the lost city of Atlantis.

If one can have invisible imaginary friends then one is able to believe any ridiculous notion

Agreed. It's pretty telling. He's also convinced that dinosaurs ran around with people in Cambodia around 600-900 years ago. Maybe they're still there. Sounds a bit like the Twilight Zone to me.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:43 PM

209 posts, read 658,425 times
WOW you atheist amuse me... the reason we pray to god is because he does things we don't understand. You always need proof of something... well you wont find scientific proof that god is real because he is beyond your science.

I guess it doesn't matter because we all end up 6 feet under and if you don't believe in anything... that's your choice.

Or think of it this way... Better to believe and not be true than to be true and not believe.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:55 PM

33,569 posts, read 37,185,374 times
Quote:
Better to believe and not be true than to be true and not believe.
No it's not...It would make life far too restricting for me to believe such things as creation, Noah's flood and the like....If everybody believed in a literal bible I think we'd be still in the dark ages.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:45 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You are attempting to use your book of fable as a science book, and sorry old boy, it just don't float. The "bible says" is your mantry, but your book is a fricking fairy tale dude. Numerous people have proven that all of the physics and physical space require far exceeds anything possible even today with steel ships. That there is no way to even get the animals from 7 continents to one place, that it is utterly impossible to rain at 6" per hour for 40 days, nor will that much water evaporate away in 140 days.

Of course you can find any number of idiots with websites which only feeds your delusion and complete disconnect from any reality. No animosity toward you, clearly your brainwashing began early in life and was beyond your control. You merely need to open your mind to the possibility, and question your own belief, something everyone should do. It makes one look so much less like a complete fool.
I'm sorry old boy, the topic is about Noah's Ark. And we read that account in the Bible. I would suggest if you don't like that fact, you will have to make up your own account somewhere else. And people like you, use to say the reality of King David was a fable as well. Yet historial discovery showed those people to be fools. And the Bible tells you, it was not the rain alone that flood the earth. So why do you come here trying to suggest it was only rain? If you keep doing that, the Bible is going to make you look like a fool.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:35 AM

209 posts, read 658,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No it's not...It would make life far too restricting for me to believe such things as creation, Noah's flood and the like....If everybody believed in a literal bible I think we'd be still in the dark ages.

Not necessarily, my life isn't restricted at all.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:06 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,645,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejake21 View Post
Not necessarily, my life isn't restricted at all.

What Sanspeur was getting at is about taking certain things too literal, like a global flood and the rescue of ALL animal species on the planet by containing them in a barge described as the Ark. There are things that can be considered as figurative. Personally, I think if the Ark actually exists as some believe, it would be a remarkable discovery, probably ranking as one of the most important finds about the ancient world. And if indeed it does exist on Mt. Ararat, then the evidence for it should be clearly abundant by now, but unfortunately is sorely lacking apart from differing claims and photos/videos which are either blurred, shadowed, or out of focus.

While I agree that life would not be restricted if the Ark does not exist, it would certainly be a matter of great interest if it does exist. So what say you? Do you think everything in the Bible is meant to be taken literal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality