Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,507,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Dag nabit!!! What does your opinion stem from? Conjecture? Guessing? It has to be. You have no solid evidence for your theory. No eyewitness to this "something out of nothing" event.

Again...you guess are demonstrating MORE faith than Christians do!

Do you look at this can and presuppose that it just happened? The perfect dimensions that make it hold the right amount of fluid ounces? The red color on the metal aluminum? The white specially designed lettering? The small print that tells you what the drink is made of?

That is what you guys are doing. But on a much larger scale. The perfect order and complexity of this universe....of even earth's ecosphere
is even more than that simple coke can.

Something out of nothing.

but I'm just an ol' hayseed!
You believe in something out of nothing, too. Only, you call your "something" God.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
...and, I suspect, a Poe!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:13 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,458,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Yeah, the universal solution, leave a start a new church. I guess that is why there are over 30,000 denominations now.

I don't believe you ever read the Bible because you are showing complete ignorance of what it says to us.
The Word says that There is only one "Church", built of individual human beings joined to the Living Spirit of Christ, and headquartered in heaven, and that one has local branches all over the world, in all places; which branches may or may not meet in buildings large or small or in homes, in forests, under barns, on park benches, secretly [in hiding, in communist countries], and so on; and which local branches may have only two members of the body of Christ meeting together in fellowship, or several thousand members of the body of Christ who meet together in fellowship.

And the Word of God forbids Believers naming ourselves as followers of a human being, because only Jesus died for us. To call oneself by the name of a man is carnal, says the Word of God.
1Cr 3:3-9
Quote:
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas [there is] among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I [am] of Apollos; are ye not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who [is] Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.
1Cr 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Hbr 12:22, 23
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Quote:
Rom 12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: Rom 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 1Cr 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also [is] Christ. 1Cr 12:20 But now [are they] many members, yet but one body.
Quote:
Once your gawd heals an amputee, maybe then I will reconsider, till then I will voice my opinion against the xian myth.
He already has healed "amputees" -and every infirmity and disease of man has He healed, does He heal, and shall He heal, but only to those who ask, seek, and call out to Him in faith that He has all power and receives from Him that which they ask.
I saw a documented case of a woman whose amputated leg was regrown. The name of the woman and her history were on the site, but you can be sure there were plenty of deniers who would never accept such a miracle.

But the "reconsidering" is not your own to do if you have not first sought Him by His Light which lights every man that comes into the world. Rejecting His Light, He will not give you more knowledge to reject and to have to answer for on the day of judgment, because He is very gracious.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,416,122 times
Quote:
Dag nabit!!! What does your opinion stem from? Conjecture? Guessing? It has to be. You have no solid evidence for your theory. No eyewitness to this "something out of nothing" event.

Again...you guess are demonstrating MORE faith than Christians do!

Do you look at this can and presuppose that it just happened? The perfect dimensions that make it hold the right amount of fluid ounces? The red color on the metal aluminum? The white specially designed lettering? The small print that tells you what the drink is made of?

That is what you guys are doing. But on a much larger scale. The perfect order and complexity of this universe....of even earth's ecosphere
is even more than that simple coke can.

Something out of nothing.

The "something from nothing" fallacy Christers engage in is simply laughable. It is the exact argument YOU use in your creation myth.

Science sees that the Universe did indeed come from Something, not Nothing. Thena gain you would understand that if you would bother to get your nose our of your holy babble and your head out of your rear.

My opinion stems from the peer reviewed research of learned, degreed individuals, in other words Science, not some ancient manuscript whose myths have been repeatedly proven to be quite wrong, and an ancient manuscript that is quite obviously self-contradicting.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:54 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,462 times
Quote:
Warm and fuzzies are great.

Well....Jesus had a specific purpose. If you read the Bible you'd know this. You know your bible don't you?
Yup, probably better than you
Quote:

He laid a foundation for future generations.

Think about it. Just because your parents only had a two-bedroom house, doesn't mean that's all they intended for you to have.
My parents always had a 3 or 4 bedroom house, Once I owned 3 houses, now only 2, your point?

Surely you do not take the "cornerstone" as a literal piece of architecture do you?

Old 09-26-2009, 05:46 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,458,435 times
Quote:
My parents always had a 3 or 4 bedroom house, Once I owned 3 houses, now only 2, your point?

Surely you do not take the "cornerstone" as a literal piece of architecture do you?
In fact the Chief Cornerstone is a literal piece of architecture.
God is building a second House for His Glory to reside in. YHWH, in the Person of the Word, is come in the flesh of the second creation human being body as the 'built" by God, Chief Cornerstone, of that House "not made with hands".
You sure don't know the Bible at all, for all your whining about it.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:06 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
You believe in something out of nothing, too. Only, you call your "something" God.

Ahhhh...I knew that's what you were thinking.

But I guess you'd have to have knowledge of "ALL" of things to make such a definite statement wouldn't you? And since you don't even "know" how much money I have in my pocket, you certainly don't know what's beyond what we see.

At least an agnostic is going in the right direction.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and, I suspect, a Poe!

YouTube - Whatcha talkin bout Willis

Old 09-26-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:

Actually what yours? You were the one bringing up churches building nice facilities for ministy.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
The "something from nothing" fallacy Christers engage in is simply laughable. It is the exact argument YOU use in your creation myth.

Science sees that the Universe did indeed come from Something, not Nothing. Thena gain you would understand that if you would bother to get your nose our of your holy babble and your head out of your rear.

My opinion stems from the peer reviewed research of learned, degreed individuals, in other words Science, not some ancient manuscript whose myths have been repeatedly proven to be quite wrong, and an ancient manuscript that is quite obviously self-contradicting.

Okay then....so ask you again.....who made the "something"?

I'm laughing with you by the way.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality