Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:33 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
From the lds site @ http://scriptures.lds.org/dc/132THE (broken link)
DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS
OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
SECTION 132
Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Nauvoo, Illinois, recorded July 12, 1843, relating to the new and everlasting covenant, including the eternity of the marriage covenant, as also plurality of wives. HC 5: 501–507. Although the revelation was recorded in 1843, it is evident from the historical records that the doctrines and principles involved in this revelation had been known by the Prophet since 1831.
1–6, Exaltation is gained through the new and everlasting covenant; 7–14, The terms and conditions of that covenant are set forth; 15–20, Celestial marriage and a continuation of the family unit enable men to become gods; 21–25,
so in Mormon doctrine -from their own site- "celestial marriage enables men to become gods" -for having babies endlessly in their heaven. That is Mormon doctrine, and no Mormon can deny that is taught by their own founders.
But that is not Judeo-Christian doctrine. It is blasphemy.

The Bible teaches that from the beginning, marriage was for this life, only, til death, and that in the resurrection bodies of those who attain the resurrection of life, there will be no marriage, no sexual unions, no begetting.

In the Bible, Adam is created "male and female" -Genesis 5:2, and called one name, "Adam", by the Creator, YHWH Elohym.

The male Adam is called the "ish" [from the Hebrew], and the female Adam is called the "ishyah", for she was taken out of the ish

Quote:
Gen 2:21 And the LORD/YHWH God/Elohym caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This [is] now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman/ishyah, because she was taken out of Man/ish.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
And in the Bible, all Adamkind was made one flesh, one bone, one blood, and one spirit, and made male and female persons.

The Adam spirit is inherent in the Adam creation, and is the "force" that makes Adam do what Adam was created and commanded to do in the beginning of creation, as male and female Adam persons, with their own share/remnant of the created Adam spirit.

In the bible, the woman/ishyah, was taken out of the man/ish, so that they would share the one Adam spirit, bone, blood, and flesh, and multiply the Adam seed created in the loins of the ish/male Adam person, by the means of sexual union with the female ishyah [taken out of the Adam Ish/male], causing the created seed implanted from the loins of the male ish, to germinate the egg in the female Adam isyah, and to multiply the Adam kind, as commanded, to fill the earth.

God made them male and female and created the seed in Adam which would come forth by multiplication of the Adam kind and "fill the earth", with the one Adam kind, so that in their multiplication, He would have sons to fill with His Glory, of the human being kind.

Mal 2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue/remnant/share of the [Adam]spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed/sons of God.

So biblically, The created Adam, made male and female, is the "source" -the Adam head, so to speak, from where all Adam souls flow from, and each soul has the Adam spirit "remnant/share" -which created Adam spirit makes one an "Adam" in their being/kind.

Laban said to Jacob;
Quote:
Gen 29:14 And Laban said to him, Surely thou [art] my bone and my flesh. And he abode with him the space of a month.
all the nation of Israel said to David;
Quote:
2Sa 5:1 Then came all the tribes of Israel to David unto Hebron, and spake, saying, Behold, we [are] thy bone and thy flesh.

and;
2Sa 19:13 And say ye to Amasa,
[Art] thou not of my bone, and of my flesh? God do so to me, and more also, if thou be not captain of the host before me continually in the room of Joab.

we Adamkind persons, being one bone, are one blood;
Quote:
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

And in the Judeo-Christian Scriptures, the created Adam seed is passed down, in the loins of each male/ish, Adam, which seed will come forth in its season as the soul it was designed to be, and depart its Adam being, in its season.
No one Adam person ever pre-existed in a Mormon heaven, for in God's Word, all seed were created in the Adam male ish in the beginning of creation, and the Adam spirit flows down from that "Adamhead" through all Adamkind individual souls, obeying the command to "be fruitful and multiply the Adam kind".
Quote:

Gen 35:11 And God said unto him, I [am] God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

Gen 46:26 All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt, which came out of his loins, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls [were] threescore and six;
2Ch 6:9 Notwithstanding thou shalt not build the house; but thy son which shall come forth out of thy loins, he shall build the house for my name.
Hbr 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
Hbr 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. Hbr 7:10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
So Levi was in Abraham's loins when Melche king of righteousness met Abraham, and not in Mormon heaven.

In the Bible, YHWH Elohym created all things by Himself, for Himself, and alone; and in His own "one" image/similitude/tselem/tupos, and that One image is the only image of YHWH any created being has ever, shall ever, or will ever see, pre-incarnation and post incarnation and forever.

Adam is made in the image of YHWH Elohym, who was to come in flesh and is come in flesh, as Redeemer/Kinsman to Adam.

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure/tupos of him that was to come.
That YHWH was to come in flesh is evident from Isaiah 59;

[Deut 6:4] -though Jews who rejected Jesus as LORD do not believe their own Word, but Jews who received the Messiah wrote the NT as a completion to the OT, showing its fulfillment]

And the face of Jesus Christ is the only face of God which shall ever be seen by any created being, has ever been seen, or is ever seen;
Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: Rev 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name [shall be] in their foreheads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Isaiah 59, YHWH Elohym puts on a human being body, the second creation human being ish, to be Kinsman/Redeemer to Adam;
Isa 59:16 And he saw that [there was] no man/ish, and wondered that [there was] no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. Isa 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance [for] clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke. Isa 59:18 According to [their] deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence. Isa 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
Isa 59:20 ¶ And the "Ga'al"/Kinsman/Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith YHWH/the LORD.

And He is coming back in that same second creation human being body of flesh that He donned in the womb of the virgin, gave as our own sacrifice for redemption, rose in, and ascended in.
Quote:
Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed/garmented with a vesture/human being body dipped/baptized in blood/death: and his name is called The Word of God.
YHWH, in Isaiah 59, states that He put on the human being body to be the Ish for earth, the Kinsman/Redeemer of the dead Adam, the first creation, ish..
That His body of flesh is a new creation second Man body of flesh, is very well laid out, in Scripture, and the One in that body is YHWH in the Person of the Word is also very well laid out in Scripture.

Jer 31:22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

The Septuagint translation states this, repeated in English by the author of Hebrews;
Hbr 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

The New Man is the LORD from heaven, YHWH Himself, come in flesh of second Man cretion, and He is the only One who has come down from heaven -to put on the garments of Kinsman. He is not in an Adam person body of flesh, but is in the New creation human being body of flesh, and the name of that New Man creation is =-"ISRAEL"; Isaiah chapter 49, and many other places. He is "God, the Mighty God, Israel", who revealed His New Man name to Jacob and invoked it over Jacob and his seed as the sign of adoption to come, in His name.
He is the Redeemer/Kinsman to Adam.
We call Him "Our Salvation/Yeshua" -when we have received Him as LORD and Savior.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:00 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,865 times
Geez, you are really a sorry case aren't you. When a moderator closes a bashing thread, and then you start another one soon after? You need some serious psychiatric help lady. And you lot tell us atheists we are "bitter"?

Trying to invalidate their beliefs does not validate yours in anyway either. Why not start a thread on your specific beliefs?

Old 10-08-2009, 09:06 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
You say they're wrong, they say you're wrong... Where is this god to set everyone straight? He must like the bickering.. You would think he would prefer unity and truth over fighting and mass misinformation; either the millions of christians are wrong or the millions of mormons are wrong (or they are both wrong, of course).

He certainly didn't stop Joseph Smith from 'stealing' other peoples' wives. Many were in this life, but some he made promise to be his wife in the next life. Smith said it was part of God's plan.. now where have we heard that before? Poor sheepy followers of Smith, it certainly would be torture knowing your wife was sleeping with the bossman, or will be for eternity after death, not to mention the women being coerced into sex because of their shackling beliefs.

And I'm not even going to get into the horrific treatment of women in the bible..

Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Geez, you are really a sorry case aren't you. When a moderator closes a bashing thread, and then you start another one soon after? You need some serious psychiatric help lady. And you lot tell us atheists we are "bitter"?

Trying to invalidate their beliefs does not validate yours in anyway either. Why not start a thread on your specific beliefs?
This is not a bashing thread, and FYI, a thread I began was highjacked by a Mormon, and when I posted on another he started, he complained, and my posts were deleted, so I began my own thread, which he said do, which was closed.
This is not bashing, but if you wish to participate, please stay on topic.
And good grief! I have taken much "bashing" on this board for my own faith and biblical postings!
This is a debate forum, and so lets debate how Mormon doctrine compares to the biblical Judeo-Christian doctrine on God and marriage.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post

And I'm not even going to get into the horrific treatment of women in the bible..
Why not? Biblical Judeo-Christianity elevates women, where religions denigrate them. Women in the Bible were prophetesses [Miriam, and others], judges [Deborah], preachers [Priscilla], apostles [Junia], deaconesses, and so on, just for starters.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Why not? Biblical Judeo-Christianity elevates women, where religions denigrate them. Women in the Bible were prophetesses [Miriam, and others], judges [Deborah], preachers [Priscilla], apostles [Junia], deaconesses, and so on, just for starters.
Ok then.. women were generally property, often bought and sold as slaves. If a man wanted a woman, she had little say in the matter. Many of the biblical "heroes" had multiple wives. Punishment for raping a woman involved forcing the woman to marry the rapist. Even in the NT women were discriminated against, which is still a continuing tradition, e.g. male-priest-only churches. There's a start..

Old 10-08-2009, 09:34 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,865 times
Quote:
This is not a bashing thread, and FYI, a thread I began was highjacked by a Mormon, and when I posted on another he started, he complained, and my posts were deleted, so I began my own thread, which he said do, which was closed.
This is not bashing, but if you wish to participate, please stay on topic.
There may have been others but I reported you for trying to hijack the lean about mormanism thread
Quote:
And good grief! I have taken much "bashing" on this board for my own faith and biblical postings!
This is a debate forum, and so lets debate how Mormon doctrine compares to the biblical Judeo-Christian doctrine on God and marriage.
Why debate? Neither of the two beliefs are based on reality. You take a bashing as your ideas are sooo out there.

When the evangelical divorce rate is zero, or when the evangelical adultery is non existent, maybe then you folk can tell the rest of the world why you are right and they are wrong. Until then, we will call you out on your bigotry and hypocrisy.

See if god was real, and you simply worshiped him/her/it, a simple prayer to your deity would be enough to change things here on earth. Sadly for you theists, the evidence of such intervention(s) is sorely lacking apart from your errant buybull.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:39 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
The bible elevates women? You must have a different bible that anyone else. In the bible women are nothing more than the property of men who can be bought and sold, beaten or killed.

Regarding the woman's place:

... Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you. (Genesis 3:16)

Death for women who marry and are not virgins:

If ... no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of the town shall stone her to death. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)

Regarding the worth of a woman:

Set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel; and if it is a female, set her value at thirty shekels. If it is a person between the ages of five and twenty, set the value of a male at twenty shekels and of a female at ten shekels. If it is a person between one month and five years, set the value of a male at five shekels of silver and that of a female at three shekels of silver. If it is a person sixty years old or more, set the value of a male at fifteen shekels and of a female at ten shekels. (Leviticus 27:3-7)

If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money. (Exodus 21:7-11)

Old 10-08-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Ok then.. women were generally property, often bought and sold as slaves. Many of the biblical "heroes" had multiple wives. Punishment for raping a woman involved forcing the woman to marry the rapist. Even in the NT, women were discriminated against. There's a start..
Since YHWH only took one rib from Adam and made him one wife, then the fall is the reason for anyone ever having multiple wives. Moses even wrote by YHWH's command that "a king must not multiply wives unto himself -and that was not obeyed.

The record of the patriarchs in the Word is not to show how good they were, but to show how merciful and gracious God is....
There was never a forcing of a woman to marry a rapist. A rapist was to be put to death. If a man "seduced" a woman, then he was to marry her, which if she consented, then of course she wanted the marriage.

David's son Amnon raped his half sister, Tamar, and should have been put to death, under the Law, but David had a failing, and did not do it, so Absolom, brother to Tamar, killed Amnon.
David had lots of problems from his multiple wives and their children, but in the end, David was a man after God's own heart, which is proved by his prayers of repentance, recorded in Psalms.

Women and men were bought and sold as slaves, in Bible times. Israel were slaves, themselves, after Joseph [who was sold into Egypt as a slave, himself] died; but the Law only allowed Israelites to hold brethren as "slaves" -in the same sense as bondsmen of early America were serving for food, clothing, housing, and to learn a trade, before their time was up under which they were sold. Slaves as War spoils were allowed, which those who went to war against Israel put themselves and their families at risk to be enslaved -or killed.

Slaves in Abraham's household were his servants who served him freely, and for profit [Jasher eloborates on them], and were his army, which is the sense many slaves in the Bible were kept by Israel -when they were not war spoils- and they had a release date, "in the Jubilee year" after they were bonded to serve.

Women in the NT were apostles, like Junia and Priscilla, who traveled with Paul, with her husband, and taught with her husband, and had Church in her home, with her husband; and women were also named as prophetesses, and deaconesses.
Rom 16:7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
Act 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto [them], and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
Rom 16:3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
1Cr 16:19 The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.

Act 21:8,9 And the next [day] we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was [one] of the seven; and abode with him. And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality