Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:54 PM

403 posts, read 1,581,259 times

Advertisements

This is an interesting thought that popped into my head. Of all the planets and solar systems out in that vast space, is it possible that God created other worlds with people like us or similar to us and maybe creating new worlds everyday, and repeating the Creationism thing every single day?

It's so weird and cool to think that there are other worlds may have God have created.

I mean, we're here... Why wouldn't there be other people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Is there other life in the solar system, I think so yes. Nothing to prove that fact, but the probablity is there.

Did a God create them, maybe, but again, there is no proof of such an assertion.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:03 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
This is an interesting thought that popped into my head. Of all the planets and solar systems out in that vast space, is it possible that God created other worlds with people like us or similar to us and maybe creating new worlds everyday, and repeating the Creationism thing every single day?

It's so weird and cool to think that there are other worlds may have God have created.

God. A assume you mean the christian god. I would say NO.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times
Quote:

The probability of there being intelligent life on another planet is pretty damned good. The probability of it being a 'god' that put them there approaches zero so closely that it might as well be zero.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:33 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
The probability of there being intelligent life on another planet is pretty damned good. The probability of it being a 'god' that put them there approaches zero so closely that it might as well be zero.
I would dispute the "intelligent" part... Look how long earth took to get an intelligent creature... and that may have been a fluke.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:56 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I would dispute the "intelligent" part... Look how long earth took to get an intelligent creature... and that may have been a fluke.
Do the math for yourself. *shrug* Just for sake of being generous, call it...life on one in a million habitable planets...and sentient life on one in a million of those.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:35 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,452 times
Quote:

The planets are inhabited

The planets of our solar system are inhabited with intelligent people who worship God the Creator Who sent them some apostles out of themselves to teach them there is no god but God alone without associate or equal.

This is with the exception of Mercury and Venus on which life once existed, now has been exterminated.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ople-mars.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ml#post8823566

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ml#post8823111

All this was written by the late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible: Mohammed Ali Hassan al-Hilly at 1947 in his book: The Universe and the Quran, and in the later versions.

I have translated this book, which I shall display on the web as soon as possible. This book has also been published in Beirut by al-ilmiyah www.al-ilmiyah.com

Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,251,134 times
Quote:

the final holy book from Allah is the quran and the final messenger from Allah is Muhammed Peace & blessing of Allah be upon Him
and his message was reached to us and to the jinn
and they are more Intelligent than human and they can fly to any planet and they can be invisible and they can see us and we can not see them

but some animals can see them such as wolf
and i believe that there are no other people than us and them

Old 10-20-2009, 01:50 AM

871 posts, read 1,631,937 times
more than likely, are they similar to humans? possibly in some solar systems.

life can be interpreted as an accident. a planet must be a certain distance from it's sun etc for life as we define it to evolve or would appear similar to us and the planet must be composed of the same or similar elements which is also likely considering the vast universe. our lives are so fragile. what is most interesting is there are lifeforms which are much hardier than us that can survive extreme conditions or temperatures and even anaerobic. we are not.

even the human species is an accident since if it were not for the extinction of other life, we may not have progressed this far.

another thing to consider is we tend to think in terms of our own timeline but there may have been other species in other galaxies that have already evolved even to advanced technology and have already become extinct. their sun and planet already died and gone and we would never know it.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:33 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,567,214 times
Sure, I've considered that. I don't know if I've considered that he did a literal "Creationism" somewhere else, but I guess I can't rule it out. It would be intriguing to find a world with intelligent beings that was created by God within the last 6,000 years when our world and us took billions of years. I wonder what such a discovery would say?

C. S. Lewis sometimes seemed to indicate that if God created other worlds many of them are likely better than us. In fact part of why he disliked conventional science fiction is he feared mankind could spread degenerate/fallen ways to beings living in idyllic innocence. (Although slightly different starting in the late 1950s some on the Left started writing stories expressing concern that the "conquest of space" was just another form of imperialism with the same abuses that befell many indigenous peoples)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality